Hello Spring Link-Up Party: Spring Cleaning Tips & Tricks

/
18 Comments
 Life and Times of Alison and Justin
{First of all I have to say a huge THANK YOU for all your sweet comments on my 2nd post yesterday. My heart is so full right now and I really am so thankful for all you amazing ladies. I really have created some incredible friendships through this blog and I am so excited to share this next step in our lives with you. Thank you again for all your excitement for us! I was blown away!!}

Now on to Spring Cleaning!! Not my favorite topic but I do love cleaning if I am in the right mood and I REALLY love when it's done!!
My #1 tip is: Make a List! I love lists. :)
Tip #2: Prioritize - what is most important. What can wait!?{You still need to enjoy spring!}

What's our my list:
Test smoke detectors
Change furnace filter
Vacuum out the lint catcher on the dryer
Organize and purge closets
Clean baseboards - Tip: Use a fabric softener bounce sheet to clean the baseboards!
Wipe all walls and doors
Clean fridge and freezers (we just cleaned behind the fridge and oven so that's a good job to cross off!)
Clean the blinds (worst job ever) - Tip: Put an old sock on your hand and use vinegar and water. Or this looks like a good method as well! :)
Clean windows - Tip: Use a q-tip with vinegar to get into the tracks of the window. Vinegar and water is a great window spray as well to clean the glass.
Spray the outside of the house
Open all the door and windows to air out the house (I love this!)

Tip: Put 2 capfuls of vanilla extract in a coffee mug and then place in oven for 1 hour at 300 - your house will smell like heaven!

Tip: Fresh flowers always help a house feel and look springy. Tulips and daffodils are perfect.
I saw this and think it's pretty handy...but a lot of work!

What's on your list?

Link up with us!
Leah over at Everyday Love
Caroline over at Simply Smithwick
Mateya over at The Best is yet to come
Carolyn over at Life, Love and Puppy Prints
and me!

Related Posts

18 comments:

Pamela said...

Love all the tips! Makes me want to go home now & clean, ha!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Seriously, keeping the floor clean with the dogs right now is a full time job!! I get frustrated and just want to stop cleaning, but hubby reminds me a poor attitude is no way to be haha. I love your idea of fresh flowers; it always helps!! The tip of enjoying spring is great too--I can't wait! That is a hefty list at the end; holy motivation!! :)

love jenny xoxo said...

woo hoo for spring!!! it's funny how it does get you in the mood to clean!

{love jenny xoxo}

Rebekah said...

Haha! That first someecard is too funny! Since we'll be moving in a few months I have quite a list for our house! I'm trying to get it in shape now and then have someone come in and deep clean really well once we're out!

Leigh said...

I seriously hate cleaning the blinds...which is probably why it never gets done either. Haha. On our spring cleaning list would be to get a shed and clean out the garage. We've only been talking about it for two years!

Caroline said...

Cleaning the house with a dog is like eating oreos while brushing your teeth. It only gets harder with the baby!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I'm just going to copy your list! Cleaning windows is a huge one at our house. They get so disgusting with the wind, snow, and rain.

I hate cleaning baseboards. Why can't they just stay clean? Also air return vents are super annoying to clean.

Whit said...

hahaha.. I love the febreez poster!! I totally stole that list of spring cleaning. SO much to do, but I love spring cleaning after the fact :)
xox

Carolyn said...

Such a great list!! :) The cleaning a house with dogs ecard literally made me laugh out loud! :) So true!

Amber said...

Great list!! A love a good spring cleaning :)

mysweetstuff said...

Gotta love E-Cards to tell it like it really is! I am a list person too! Right after we got married we had blinds..by our 1st Anniversary we had NONE!! I hated cleaning them!

And..Congrats!

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

Great tips! You know spring is coming when you get that itch to clean! :)

SH said...

That list is a great idea! I'm most definitely going to have a love-hate relationship with it, haha.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.com

Rachel Steck said...

I nominated your blog for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog for more information!
www.rachelrunshermouth.com

Rachel and John said...

Lady your house always looks so clean! And you have a dog! I don't know how you do it! I also hate cleaning my blinds. We just vacuum ours.

Marissa said...

Love the list! My biggest to-do on my checklist is to get rid of stuff! I'm so over the clutter!!

Found you through Wifessionals : ) New follower.

XO
Marissa

Katie said...

I'm learning so much about vinegar and cleaning lately! Good tips

Ashley said...

That's a pretty good list!! We need to spray the outside of our house too!! They are pretty much done all the construction now! I think I'm gunna get started tomorrow!!