Get your workout on...

/
13 Comments

As you all know, I love workout DVDS, they are my workout of choice and I am kind of obsessed with new workouts. I love a good workout DVD review too because it's from those that I usually decide to make a purchase. I have an amazon order coming at the end of the month with some new DVDs and I can hardly wait!
The past couple weeks I have been doing some of the workouts from the Jillian Micheals Body Revolution program. It is a 90 day program but after just finishing ChaLEAN Extreme I wasn't up for another program right now so I have just been doing the workouts as I please.
So far I have done Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the workouts plus the 1st workout of phase 3 - which is 9 workouts total that get progressively harder. And that they do. 
(plank jack push ups are SO fun - ha)
Each workout is only 30 minutes long which I like. There are 4 circuits in each workout and in typical Jillian style you do 3-4 strength moves - a cardio interval - and then you repeat those 3-4 strength moves to complete 1 circuit. She gives you variations so you can make it harder or easier as you need to.  
They have all been really different so I haven't gotten bored with them either. You need either just weights or weights with a resistance band. I'm excited to get through the last 3 workouts this week.

I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian - her videos are killer but they work and I was a little disappointed with her at the beginning of the new season of the biggest loser. I know her job is to be tough and to be the bitch but I think she was taking it a little too far. She has cooled down now, so we are friends again. ;)
So from what I have done so far I definitely recommend this program - I will do the full 90 program at some point for sure.
I also LOVED love loved ChaLEAN Extreme - I definitely recommend this program! It was so fun and easy to get through. I don't weigh myself but I lost 7 inches doing this program and was leaner in my after pictures. I definitely got stronger throughout this program too, you do low reps of heavy weights in  and at the end of the program I was lifting J's weights!
So if you are looking for something to start and keep you going I would recommend either of these!

Related Posts

13 comments:

Mom said...

Good thing Gran won't be reading about the 7 inches. She'd be having a fit!! And you'd be hearing about it

Katie said...

i love jillian dvds, although I haven't tried that one - I will have to this summer! but she is so annoying - I usually mute them since i know them so well!

Ashley said...

7 inches!? Where from? You are tiny!!! Crazy girl! What DVDs did you buy?

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

That must be a typo- 7 inches? Where? I have to do this workout! I need to lose 70 inches! I probably need to get some heavier weights though- I think the heaviest I have are 8lbs unless I use the bar which I hate at home.

I like shorter workouts too. Much easier to fit them in.

Chrissi said...

great recommendation! thanks for sharing :) I need to kick it into high gear and tone up now that most of the baby weight is gone! XO

Elle Noel said...

Two of my favorite ladies- Chalene and Jillian! I want to try that body revolution, been eharing great things!

Erin said...

Go girl! You look great! Keep up the good work...

Tami said...

I finished Body Revolution in January and I absolutely loved it. I couldn't believe the results I got just doing 30 minutes a day. It goes by so fast so it doesn't seem too torturous! :) Now i'm just doing the workout sporadically but I'm thinking of doing a hybrid of Chalean Extreme and Body Revolution. And 7 inches? Girl you are a rockstar!!

Gabriella said...

Awesome! 7 inches in incredible!! I like the 30 minutes videos too. That is about all I can handle before I get bored. Might have to give this a shot.

SH said...

I love the ChaLean videos too!

Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Whit said...

I love Jillian! May have to give her video's a try for post baby body work out :) xox

Courtney B said...

Have you tried Jillian Michaels No Trouble Zones dvd? I LOVE that one... I do it once a week just to mix up my workout routine.

Janna Renee said...

I definitely love Jillian now, so maybe I will have to check out the other chick!