Brother (& a recipe)

/
17 Comments

Today is a super special day for a super DUPER special brother!!
Not only am I incredibly thankful to have this boy in my life but I am thankful to call him my brother and one of my closest friends.
He is one of the best guys I know. Hands down. He is a great friend, he is caring, super thoughtful, smart, a hard worker and still a superb hockey star! He is always someone I can count on to have my back, make me laugh, show up in the best costume ever, hangout with Justin while Jolie and I watch bachelor and maybe even cook me a delicious meal! I am so happy to have him {and Jolie} here in Calgary so we get to hangout with them so much!
Happy Birthday brother! We love you tons!!

And to celebrate Jeff's birthday you should all make this cake for yourself. It is yummy.
I looked at a few recipes and then did my own thing. Jeff's only request when I asked him for dessert ideas was something with coffee ice cream. Even Justin liked it and he isn't a coffee flavor fan. :)

Jeff's Mud Pie

Need:
1/2 a pack of oreos
1/3 cup melted margarine
Tub of coffee or cappuccino ice cream (I used Chapmans cappuccino Frozen yogurt)
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1 jar of Hershey chocolate sauce (I didn't use the whole jar)
1 cup toasted almonds
1/3 cup sugar

To do:
(Let ice cream sit on the counter so it is really soft)
1. Crush oreos in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin or throw them in the blender (I left mine pretty chunky) - mix all but 1/3 cup (save this for topping) with melted margarine. Press into bottom of a springform pan. Put in freezer 10 minutes.
2. Put 1 layer of ice cream on the crust (half the tub). Freeze 10 minutes.
3. Pour chocolate sauce on top of ice cream layer. Freeze 10 minutes.
4. Melt the peanut butter and then pour on top of chocolate layer. Freeze 10 minutes.
5. Put sugar and almonds in a nonstick pan and stir over medium heat until sugar melts and the almonds turn a caramely color. Spread on a piece of foil to cool. Break into pieces when cool.
6. Put last of the ice cream on top of the peanut butter layer.
7. Mix almonds and 1/3 cup crushed oreos. Sprinkle on top of cake and freeze a few hours or overnight.
8. Eat it all.

Related Posts

17 comments:

Leigh said...

Happy birthday to Jeff!

Murdock's mama said...

WOW! Happy Birthday to your brother. That cake looks heavenly!!! {Not so much diabetes friendly--haha!}

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!

Whit said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFFFFFF!!! Hope you have an awesome day buddy!! And AJ, nicely done on the ice cream cake!! YUM! xox

Erin said...

Happy Birthday to Jeff! That cake sounds amazing Alison...have a great day!

Courtney Kassner said...

That dessert looks delicious! And I love all the photos!

Life After the Aisle said...

um MUD PIE?! YUMMMM!!!! if I could pin at work, i would totally save this to my pinterest!!!!

Jessica said...

Aww Happy birthday to your brother!!

Gabriella said...

Happy Birthday to your brother. Are those pictures of him and baby Cruz?! So cute!

Rachel and John said...

That's like my dream cake! YUM!!

Rachel Steck said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!
Love the pics of Uncle Jeff w/Cruz - too cute!

Ashley said...

Happy birthday Jeff!! Is Cruz really on te sea soo? Haha

Meg {henninglove} said...

ahh what a sweet post to your birthday! hope he is having a great birthday and don't tell my husband but your brother is hot!

Katie said...

happy birthday to your brother! that dessert sounds delicious!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday, Jeff!


<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

you have good genes in your family!! happy bday to your bro - love how close you are with your fam!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

You two are the cutest siblings! I love your relationship! Did he dance down the aisle at your wedding? If so, that's awesome!

Yummy recipe!