Baby Black: Weeks 5 - now.

/
30 Comments

I plan to do a little baby Black update on Tuesdays but today is just going to be catch up. I started writing this post back when we found out so I wouldn't forget - so this may be a bit of a longer post but it's mainly for me to look back on. I am 13 weeks now but I will do that one next week with 14.
Don't mind the photos, they were usually taken right after a workout or right before bed and initially I wasn't planning on putting them on here but oh well. No real bump yet but I am filling out for sure and feel wide! Next week I'll be taking better photos with a fun shirt! :)

Week 5
Justin & I found out on Saturday the 26th of January. It was the craziest day EVER. We were in such shock but it was amazing. Actually there are absolutely no words for that feeling. We just kept looking at each other with the goofiest grins. We waited a long time for that moment and I don't think either of us knew what to do with that feeling!
Highlights:
2 positive pregnancy tests.
The phone call from the fertility clinic (we had IUI on the 8th).
The phone call to Whitney.
We saw my doctor Wednesday to confirm the pregnancy. A very surreal and incredible moment.
Told Mom and Dad on Wednesday.
Told Debbie Friday.
Feeling: Thankful. Ecstatic. In shock. Excited. A little nervous. 
Tired. 5 workouts.
Baby Black: Is the size of a sesame seed!

Week 6
Highlights:
Telling Crystal & Troy on Sunday!
Told Jeff and Jolie on Monday!
Eric Church concert.
Bought my first pregnancy book and Fit Pregnancy magazine. I've been waiting a loooonng time to do this!
Feeling: Excited. Incredibly thankful. Amazed at medical technology. So excited that our family knows - this baby is going to be so LOVED.
Like someone sucked all the energy out of my body. Tired. Headaches. 3 workouts.
Baby Black: Is the size of a lentil!

Week 7
Highlights: Seeing Mom and Dad.
Brunch with Dustin, Whit and East and we talked baby stuff!
Feeling: Always thankful and excited. Feeling a little more real. :)
A little icky at times. I bought sour jujubes at 9:30am before cooking school and I swear they made my icky feeling go away. Exhausted. Headaches. 3 workouts.
So thankful for Justin. He has been so great. Patient, caring, helpful - the works. I have no idea what I would do without him. He already is the best Dad to Cruz but I just know he is going to get a million times better.
Baby Black: Baby is the size of a blueberry!

Week 8
I ate a box of M&M!! I can't remember the last time I ate a full size chocolate bar! I blame Justin. He had it in the car for weeks and after my hair appt I forgot my snacks so I caved. He asked me about it and I blamed the baby. ;)
Highlights: Spending a day with Emerson and Nixon. I was actually excited to start feeling a little more icky - it just means the baby is doing well and it is so hard to worry that things aren't.
Feeling: Thankful. Happy. Beyond tired. Headaches, icky after lunch and into the evening. 3 workouts.
Baby Black: Fingers and toes begin to form and are webbed. Lungs, ears, eyes, upper lip and nose begin to form. Size of a kidney bean!

Week 9
Highlights: Lots of baby convos with Justin. Telling my high school girlfriends at dinner. Lots of tears!
{I actually found out we were pregnant on the day we went and met baby Troy.}
It was so hard not to tell them. They are such great friends and sent us this beautiful arrangement after I told them.
Feeling: Excited. Happy. Tired. Headaches. Much ickier midday and through the evening. Just walks with Cruz.
Baby Black: Size of a grape!

Week 10
Highlights: Photos with Whitney for our "announcement". We had talked about this moment for years. I.could.not.wait.
Feeling: Happy! Tired - having Lily stay with us for the week helped though and forced me to be busier. Still headaches and afternoons were icky. 5 workouts.
Baby Black: Baby is now a fetus no longer an embryo! Eyelids begin to fuse to protect the eyes. Baby is the size of a kumquat!

Week 11
Highlights: Hanging out with East, then an evening with D/W/B/K
Feeling: Same old!! Happy, thankful, tired, headaches, icky in the afternoons. 5 workouts.
Baby Black: Nearly all organs and body structures are formed and beginning to function! Baby is the size of a fig!

Week 12
Highlights: Our ultrasound.
Our doctors appt where everything looked great and now I am being referred to the low risk clinic, I wish I could stay with my regular doctor throughout but he no longer delivers babies!
Telling my work right after the healthy ultrasound!
Telling all our grandparents, other family members and then our friends and all of you!! It was so exciting.
Junie was excited too:
Feeling: Pretty much the same. Tired. Headaches. SO excited about this baby and that he/she is healthy and doing so good! Justin took a little video of the ultrasound and I watch it far too often! :) 3 workouts.
Baby Black: 5 inches long according to our Ultrasound. Baby is the size of a lime. Can open and close fingers and curl it's toes. Currently developing reflexes!
Icky: The last 6 weeks it's mainly been chicken wings which is sad cause we go for wings on Sunday (now I just don't order wings) and coffee hasn't been appealing to me even though I found some decaf k-cups.
Loving: Cuties (little oranges), salt and vinegar chips, frozen grapes/blueberries mix, cucumber/mint/berries infused water. And Chinese food was my idea on Saturday! :) No real cravings where I HAVE to have something RIGHT NOW! Just things that sound appealing. :)

Think that's it for now...

Related Posts

30 comments:

Shannon Page said...

I love this!! I am so happy for you!!! Such an exciting time...and good for you for eating those M&Ms:)

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

awe yeah! I loved this post! That was a long three months to keep us updated! :)

So excited for the next couple months to come for you! ahhhh! :)
-wHiT

Jessica said...

So so excited for you guys still, so awesome.

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

You look awesome! Love the updates :)

Jennifer Golding said...

Congratulations!! Wishing you all the best throughout your pregnancy.

Rachel Steck said...

You look more beautiful in every photo. Congratulations, this is amazing and I am SO happy for you all.

Pamela said...

Awww look at that little bump growing! So sweet!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! So very excited for you guys! Can't wait to watch your bump grow and hear the news of Baby Black's arrival in October!

Ashley said...

This post brought tears to my eyes... Good ones!! I'm just soo elated for you!! I don't normally like pregnancy posts, but I love yours and can't wait to hear more!! Thy little bump is gunna pop soon!!

Joeylee said...

Congrats!! I love your announcement.

Murdock's mama said...

Yay, Yay, Yay! LOVE this post! Still so excited for you guys...I think about you everyday! :)

Nikki said...

Yay yay yay yay!

Bex said...

You look great! Glad you're feeling relatively good so far!

Carolyn said...

You look so cute so far!!! :) EEK! Seriously... I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

SO exciting! Congrats congrats CONGRATS!!!! You look adorable Momma! Glad your feeling well.. I know when I was where you are I was SO sick all the time:( Thank goodness that's over with! :)

Leigh said...

You are looking great so far! Looking forward to watching the bump grow :)

Tennille said...

I am so, so excited for you guys!!!

Sarah at Midwest PIllowtalk said...

hello smokin hot body there hot mama! i am so thrilled for you. loved every word of this post!

Amber said...

So exciting!! You look great and like Leigh said, I can't wait to watch the bump grow through pictures :)

Mandy said...

So exciting!! You will be so glad to be able to look back on these weekly posts after baby is here or the next time around b/c it goes by so fast!! :) This is such an exciting time in your life so enjoy every single minute of it!! You look fabulous girl!

Tami said...

You are so beautiful inside and out and I know you are going to the cutest pregnant woman ever! I love reading these updates and I can't wait to read more!

Gabriella said...

This makes me so happy! You are adorable!!! :)

Wifessionals said...

LOVE!!! So excited we are so close together!!!

Lyndsay D said...

Congrats! My husband & I found out we are pregnant on January 26th too! I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. Best of wishes to your and your husband. Again, congrats! :)

Katie said...

you are adorable!! and super ripped stomach too :) you will have the littlest cutest baby bump!! LOVE reading these updates and SOOOOOOO happy for you!!

krink said...

Love love love!!!! And while you are disgustingly ripped (that's my jealousy speaking fyi) you definitely are filling out. So cute!!!!
Xoxox

Kae Schumacher said...

omg I LOVE THIS POST. one of my favs by you if now my fav! First of all, you look great, and it was so much to see your tummy change even within these pics! Love it...still beyond happy for you friend! lovessss
xxoo

Whit said...

Ah Baby Black :) Love this -- pretty awesome to be able to look back at all the change!! The whole process is one big miracle. xox

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

OMG I have tears in my eyes reading all of this!

You are so smart to have written this down in the early weeks- I so wish I had done that as I now have no record of the first 12 weeks!

I definitely see a baby bump forming! You look great! :)

Emmett Katherine said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!!so exciting, your first child!!! You guys must be so incredibly happy, I'm happy for you guys and that IUI worked - going down that road must have been difficult & very stressful. All the best and can't wait to see that little bump grow into a huge one!!