Relaxing lake weekend

/
17 Comments
 is exactly what we had! It is always nice to get out of the city and do a heck a lot of nothing. 
Do you like my glass for the weekend? I got it in my Christmas stocking from Jeff. It makes all drinks taste better.
We watched The Impossible Friday night. It was based on a true story from the Tsunami and it really was a great movie. A few tears may have escaped from mine and Jolie's eyes!!
Junie played the dare devil for the weekend..
 Cruz was so happy to be at the lake!! We had amazing weather - beautiful sunshine all weekend.
Too bad the snow was no good for snow shoeing.
 Saturday morning Justin and I headed for thrift store visit (I dragged him) while Jeff, Jolie and Cruz went for a run. 
Then it was time to go meet Kaley!
 She is such a cutie! And pretty much slept the whole visit.
That afternoon the guys all went to play hockey, Jolie caught up on the 2nd episode of Bachelor of last week and I napped.
Since this made me the laziest one - I took Cruz for a nice walk on the lake. She of course had to find a tree to bring with us.
 Then it was time to stare at me for an hour until dinner time. It's a fun game she plays.
Jeff did what he does best and that is cook a meal for 10!
It was delicious!
 Then I don't know whose idea it was but it was a GREAT one - we had a bonfire on the lake! 
It was such a beautiful night and so fun.
 Jolie kept us warm by chopping wood. Or trying. One of the two.
 Sunday we all slept in - some more than others... :)
Brody and Justin stayed busy playing chess while I cooked everyone breaky.
 Then we all lazed around until it was time to pack up.
It was a great weekend!

Related Posts

17 comments:

Leigh said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend with great weather! :)

Murdock's mama said...

Looks like an awesome weekend! How are is the lake from your regular house?

Mom said...

Great photos of your weekend. Had to laugh at Junie :)

Murdock's mama said...

PS...so jealous that you guys get all the movies before us! That one just came to theaters for us!

Tennille said...

That cup is awesome! Looks like you had a great weekend. Happy Monday :)

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

super jealous about the lake weekend! looks like such a fun time!

Katie said...

how fun!! looks like a great weekend! love the cup :)

Jessica said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast!!

Nikki said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend and it looks like Cruz enjoyed herself too!

Holly said...

I am loving the white trash glass. I must get one to match my personality.

And also, no more chubby baby photos. My ovaries are crying right now.

Kae Schumacher said...

That sounds like a great weekend! So jealous!
Cruz pics make me laugh! Kaley! What a great name ;) haha!

glad you had a great weekend love
xxoo loves

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That looks so relaxing and so fun! My parents have a lake home and I love being up there in the winter as it's so relaxing! I was up there around Christmas and it's like life slows down up there!

SH said...

Your dog is adorable! And that cup is awesome!


Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

love jenny xoxo said...

cute photos!!! Looks like a blast! walking on a frozen lake always makes me nervous!! Even though I see trucks driving on it, still seems crazy!

{love jenny xoxo}

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

That cup is awesome!! Did he make it?

The lake looks like such a great place to escape for the weekend!

Janna Renee said...

I love bonfires! I'd like it to be a little more warm so that I don't have to stand in the fire, but I wouldn't turn one down either!

Whit said...

Any weekend at the lake is a good weekend. Looks like it was a fabulous weekend!! xox
ps. Love that thrift store. so many gems ;)