highlights...

/
18 Comments

Friday highlights...
~ We set out on a road trip to Innisfail to watch my brother's hockey game! 
It has been so long since we have seen him play - don't tell him - but I missed it! :) hi brother. 
The bonus was that Jolie sang the national anthem (ours not hers!) and she is just amazing! I kinda wanted her to just steal the show and start belting out Carrie Underwood! :)
 Jeff is #3! It was neat cause there are 2 guys on this team also that he played with years and years ago!
 It was a very late night getting home especially since Justin is a good Dad and insisted we walk Cruz when we got home. 

Saturday highlights...
~ I slept in until 9:30am!! whoa! Thank you to Justin who always get up early on the weekend with Cruz!
~ We went over to Nana's to set up her router and re-introduce her to her laptop.
~ I did a little DIY project...sneak peek - more on this tomorrow...
~ Justin did an oil change!
~ We watched Children of Men.
It was interesting...a unique premise but also a little odd.
 It did have Charlie Hannam in it... :) 
 And we watched Hotel Transylvania.
I loved it - super funny and very cute.

Sunday highlights...
~ I got this idea in my head that I HAD to organize our pantry - thank you Pinterest! So I headed to $rama to get some bins.
BEFORE on the left side (I had already started emptying it then realized I should take a before shot!)
Before on the right - such a mess!!
Left AFTER:
1.
 2. 
3.
 
 bottom...
 Left AFTER...
 WAY better!! Justin was organizing the basement while I did this and when he came up and saw it he asked where I put everything cause it looks so empty now!!
~ We went on a freezing family walk with Cruz.
~ We went to the watering hole for wings (Sunday is our cheat meal and cheap delicious wings always wins!) and then we watched The Paperboy.
Not too sure how I feel about this movie...it was very slow, disturbing at times..not the best. A very different role for Nicole Kidman.
And there we have it. Another weekend bites the dust!

Related Posts

18 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I need to re-organize our pantry. I usually do it once a year and right now its too cluttered for me. I might steal your ideas :) I love using bins in the pantry!

Joeylee said...

sounds like you had a great weekend. your pantry looks great!

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

Look at you go!! Gosh I love to organize! I just did our medicine cabinet last night :)
-wHiT

Jessica said...

I've never heard of the paperboy! Huh. I'll have to look it up.

Shay said...

I have never heard of that last movie, is it new? Good job on your panty- that looks so awesome!

And by the way- I checked H&M for that fab scarf you posted about, and they said it was a regional item:( couldn't have ever had it if I was quicker-BOO!

Sara Turner said...

Your pantry looks awesome now! I can't believe you took the time to make little labels and everything. Also I've seen children of men twice... it's a neat idea for a movie, I think it got noms for cinematography, the scene where he's trying to get thru the fighting with the baby at the end is like 8min or something.

Ashley said...

The pantry looks great! Where did you get the chalkboard labels?!I need to redo ours - it seems to get out of hand easily, however I don't have a big pantry.

Glad you got to see Jolie sing and Jeff play! I didn't know Jolie was a singer!

Katie said...

i can't wait to see your shirt! so cute! and i'm impressed with your pantry - mine is a disaster. i wish you could come motivate me!

Mills said...

Look at you go with that organized pantry. I should do mine because it's basically empty right now. Now..to find motivation.. :)

Laura Darling said...

Your pantry looks awesome! Makes me want to organzie mine!

Ashley said...

you all always fit so much into your weekends!! i'm taking notes...also, i'm fairly certain $rama is the coolest name for a store ever!

Purple Daisies said...

My pantry needs you!!..........pretty please!

Why won't it let me put name, from my iPad?? Ok I need Justin's help too!!

Logan-since it won't let me put my name where I want it!!

Sarah Frills4Thrills said...

ok you seriously have the prettiest hair!

i have been in a mad "spring'' cleaning phase even though it isn't spring yet... i need to organize our pantry desperately!

Mom said...

Holy moly... Such organization! But I bet it feels real good to have it done and more functional.

Whit said...

Yay Jolie! You go girl, that takes some serious confidence. Looks like an awesome weekend!

Janna Renee said...

I just saw Hotel Transylvania too! It was definitely pretty cute. I haven't seen Children of Men in years, but I remember liking it.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Great job on the pantry reorg! I thought you weren't buying stuff for the house this month??? ;) Although from looking at your before pictures I think you are forgiven for the few dollars you spent!!

Kae Schumacher said...

What to go Jolie! I bet she did amazing, and by the way your hair is getting long! So beautiful! :)
loves
xxoo