A {belated x2} holiday post...

/
16 Comments
 Super duper late. I know AND this is going to be a {very} long post. Sorry...I was off the blog for a too long so I have a lot to catch up on...feel free to skip this post but I use this blog to document our memories and I do not want to forget all this. :)

Let's rewind back to Christmas eve - {oh how I wish we could actually do that!}
Justin and I hosted this year which means everyone came to our house Christmas eve and had a sleepover!
For Christmas eve festivities we organized Minute to Win it games. It was a blast and we laughed a lot!! Some of the "blue prints" were way tougher than we thought they were going to be!
Uncle Ken knocking down the solo cups using air from a balloon!
Balancing 6 two bite brownies on your forehead for 10 seconds!
 Getting 5 pieces of penne pasta on a piece of spaghetti with no hands!
 With a banana tied to your waist from a string, you have to get 2 oranges into a hula hoop - this was the funniest one to watch!!
 With a partner, you have to make a tower of 3 empty cans, transporting them with a piece of spaghetti (through the tab) from one table to the next...
 Balancing 5 apples...
And many more hilarious blue prints. :)
 And then to cap off the night - of course - Jeff had to serenade us with Whiskey Girl...such a great singer that boy is.
 Junie joined us for Christmas - we missed Jolie though!! Junie found the funniest places to hangout.
 And then napped there.
 No one in my family knew which movie "Merry Christmas ya filthy animals" came from...anyone? ;) Come on!
 Cutest wine bottle gift bags from Jeff & Auntie Cathy!
 Nana on gravy duty and me trying to get the last of the veggies cooked.
See that microwave - it died 5 minutes after this photo was taken. Merry Christmas you need a new microwave.
 My first turkey...ain't she pretty!
 It was a great day and night. We were so happy that my MIL Debbie joined us for Christmas eve and Christmas dinner. AND that Jeff was home this year!!! YAY! I didn't have to whine and complain that hockey kept him away this year!
After Christmas dinner we all bundled up, grabbed our coffee & bailey's or adult apple cider and we went for a walk through the ravine. Some complained more than others Uncle Ken but it was fun! A few carols were even sung! :)
Then on the 26th we headed out the lake.
Junie and Cruzie are good travelers!
 Beautiful!
 Still in new Christmas PJs from Nana and reading at 3pm is the perfect winter lake day!
 It was chilly! 
 Seba hockey team!
Silly kitty.
 Then we headed home for some lazy nights and busy days. It was perfect. 
I am so thankful Justin had this whole time off with me and I know Cruz loved it too. Even if I was always in her face with my phone taking photos! :)
My brother "punked" the Xterra and added "our family" sticker and we all know Justin despises them! The best part was we didn't even notice until we were waiting for our drinks at Starbucks. I died laughing. Well done brother! Let's just say they didn't last long! :)
 New Years Eve was spent with Dustin, Whit and East (& the pups). It was perfection. We did raclette for dinner, hung out with this little man before bed, 
played darts, Whit and I vegged and chatted while the guys played more darts...it was a great, chilled out evening. We slept over and woke up to East chatting away and then enjoyed a delicious breakfast all together. (I wish we took pictures!)
 {He's telling the dogs to come inside here!}
He is so chatty and hilarious. Oh my gosh we love him (and his parents)!
Well that's a wrap! Cruz say finally! :)

Related Posts

16 comments:

Ashley said...

Those games look pretty funny! I love how serious everyone looks! haha!

Sounds like the perfect holiday, spent with family and friends!

Leigh said...

Looks like so much fun! Those minute to win it games are hilarious. Never played any of them, but might just have to try :)

Erin said...

Looks like you guys had a great holiday vacation...surrounded by love and lots of fun! Isn't it a blessing?

Mills said...

I don't know where to start so I will just say I love it all. The games look like a lot of fun!

Tennille said...

Those games look like so much fun!

Sarah said...

Ok seriously? Can I just have your family because they look so much FUN playing all those games!
And DUH... Home Alone 2! :)

Mom and Dad said...

Christmas at your house was so fun...we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thanks again to you and Justin :)

Katie said...

Chris and I were just talking about wanting to have a minute to win it party - I may have to ask what other ones we used!! hope you're feeling good today!!

krink said...

How did no one get the Home Alone reference??? Boo!!!
And you need to elaborate on the transferring a popcan between two people using spaghetti. How is that possible? The picture wasn't that clear. But looked like GREAT fun!
Xoxo

RachelSteck said...

Love the photos of Cruze & Junie, as always.

Whit said...

Looks like an awesome Christmas and new years ;) xox
Ps. That phrase is from Home Alone (shoulda asked me ;))

Kae Schumacher said...

OMG! HOME ALONE! I knew it right away, and I can hear the voice in my head haha! Love all the pictures... Can i please just move to the lake? Those games looked like so much fun!
loves xxoo

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

Those games look like a load of laughs. Also what your brother did was classic!! :)
-wHiT

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh our microwave is busted too! Never realized how much you use that thing until it's broken!!! Love this post and the cute kitty pictures! Glad you had a wonderful break!

Jessica said...

Omg these games look like soooo much fun!!! HAHAHA

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Christmas Eve looked like so much fun!!!!

I love that the cat joined you! What a good traveller! Most cats would not be impressed but she seems so content.

Looks like a wonderful Christmas holidays. Can we go back and do them again?