Weekend rewind...

/
18 Comments
I love weekends...and this one did not disappoint!
Though my heart ached {and still does} for those affected by the tragedy in Connecticut. I just cannot fathom what goes through ones mind in a situation like that. My gut churns just thinking about what those poor families are going through. It's sick.

Friday night we headed over to Krista's for our monthly girls dinner but this month our {lucky} men got to join and we had a potluck.
I made these cookies that Jen shared the recipe for and are SO good (recipe if you click Jen's name!) and Whitney's Japanese cabbage salad.
We had a fabulous time as always and put together an extensive baby pool to guess when the next Reti babe will join us. 
All the girls! 
Krista, Barb, Sara, Julia, moi, Nicole & Carla (with baby belly).

Saturday I slept in (up before 9 but still a sleep in!) while Justin was up early walking Cruz!
After a delicious breakfast made by yours truly I was off to get groceries and get my nails done! :) 
In the afternoon I did my workout and then Jeff and Jolie came over so we could give Jol her gift before she headed home for Christmas. We will miss you Jols.
 That evening we were off to the annual EV (I don't even know what that stand for!) Christmas party with all of Justin's buddies and their significant others. It was a potluck too so I cheated and made the exact same thing as the night before. :)
Mark made some delicious mango drinks and I was given the coolest wine glass in the house!
My failed attempt a group shot. I cut out 2 people.
Aly, moi, Justin, Jania, Mark, Case - then you should see Stephy & Rock. whoops.
We played a fun game of Cranium (even my game hating husband played and dare I say enjoyed himself!) We took Cruz for a late night walk when we got home and enjoyed the neighborhood lights!
We killed ourselves laughing at this tree!! And apparently they realized how ridiculous it looked because by the next night they had redone it!!
Sunday we had a lazy day. Wrapped gifts, worked out, tried meal planning for Christmas, got our Christmas eve "Minute to win it" games chosen, J worked on his raspberry pie set up (cupcake for you if you know what that is!!), we had a nap, watched more of the cross fit games, caught up on Survivor (didn't watch the finale yet!) and then went to the watering hole for wing night.
World Peace. Peace on earth. Clever girl. :)
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too and were reminded of how lucky we all are in this moment. I know cuddled up extra close to my incredible husband and sweet Cruz this weekend.

Related Posts

18 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

Your gifts are adorable! I LOVED that photo idea, but I had already started wrapping before I saw it :( Next year! :)

Leigh said...

Looks like a busy but fun weekend! That tree sure is pretty sad looking

Ashley said...

That is a huge wine glass!! Love your hair as usual!! I also love your dresses!!

Does Justin love Raspberry pie too?! Its M's fav!!

Soo glad you had a great weekend!!

Whit said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!! Nice work on the Jap salad missy! I love that salad :) xox

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

You did such a cute job of wrapping! I realized once I started that i had one bow and no matching ribbon so my wrapping job is a tad sad this year.

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

1. loved your dress 2. that glass is fantastic! :) Looks like you had a decent weekend dear.
-wHiT

Katie said...

sounds like a good weekend! your hair looks gorgeous in that picture!! how fun - minute to win it games!

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

I love your wrapping job! What a cool idea to put the person's picture on their gift! I love it!

And that wine glass is amazing!

jen @nutcaseinpoint said...

hahahah that tree is awesome. ps i declare another meetup soon.

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

I LOVE your wrapping style! Oh girl, those presents look precious! Glad you had a great weekend! :)

Jessica said...

Sounds you guys had a blast, we love Cranium!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Your wrapping job looks awesome! Mine are a bit boring, but they are mostly for little boys who really don't pay attention to the wrapping job (or that is what I tell myself to justify my boring wrapping paper and lack of ribbons!).

Kae Schumacher said...

that sounds like such a fabulous weekend! I am so glad it went well! Love the wrapping, and yummy no bake cookies are some of my favorites!
loves ya!
xxoo

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Thanks for posting the recipes- I'll be trying them out!

Love girls nights! That's great that you get together monthly- ours are more like semi- annually!

I love the grey and pink sweater dress! Another target find?

Great job with the wrapping! Looks so pretty!

Mom said...

Love the look on that dogs face...made me laugh.

Great to see the latest group photo with the girls.

Natasha said...

Sounds and looks like you had a great weekend! I bought that same glass for my mom :) Love the gift wrapping, makes them so much more personal looking!

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

No bake cookies are my childhood favorite! and you look amazing :)!

Janna Renee said...

Those cookies look awesome! Looks like a fabulous weekend and reminds me that I need to wrap all of our presents!