Viva

/
25 Comments
We had the most wonderful few days in Vegas together. We had so much fun, laughed a ton, shopped our hearts out, ate great food, enjoyed delicious wine and Just got his fill of Blue Moon beer (not available in Canada!) - all in all perfection.
Justin had been there since Monday and was nerding it up in his classes, having meetings, gambling and drinking in the evening with his co-workers and even did some shopping before I got there [gasp]!
(I apologize in advance - I only took iphone photos. oups.)

Wednesday
I arrived around 9pm to the hotel (Mandalay Bay this year), Justin met me and showed me our room and then he had a social he had to attend. So I got unpacked and hung out until he was done. Then we had some cocktails with his co-workers and then called it a night [far past my bedtime!]
Thursday
We woke up at ungodly hour to have breakfast together before Justin had class.
Once he was gone for the day I relaxed a little, did my workout, then got ready for TARGET!
I love the huge mirrors the hotels always have!
I scored with the taxi driver I got and he offered to wait for me...until I told him how long I might be and then he decided to give me his cell number to call him when I was ready. :)
I thoroughly enjoyed wandering Target. Found some great deals and of course some things I couldn't live without. Like this shirt. Taylor Swift on a shirt! :)
Sale rack $7. 
Also found this for Jolie and I. We could never find it here and I tried it this morning. Delicious.
 When I was finally done at Target. And I didn't want to be done trust me! I gave my chauffeur a call and he was there to drive me back to the hotel. :) Since Justin was busy until 6:30 that night I decided to hit up Fashion Show mall. So again I called my chauffeur and he drove me and waited for me at the mall to finish. He was awesome and I wish he wasn't off the next 2 days we needed taxis!
Then I went back to the hotel to ready to be a geek for the night. ;) That night was the wrap up party for the conference and one of J's co-workers wasn't going so I got to the Blaine for the night and join them (Ian also made me my own tag in case!). 
 New dress from Target. :)
The party was incredible. They bused (all 8500 of us! - give or take) to The Hard Rock Cafe and had a huge section closed off for just us - there were 6 different huge room/restaurants that each had entertainment, buffets, free drinks, bands playing, video games, dancers, jello shooter girls - it was over the top! We had a blast!
Ian and Justin.
 These 4 girls all had electric instruments and played covers of songs (no words) just the music - they were incredible - everything from ACDC to many others.
 Late night bathroom photos are a must.

Friday 
Had breakfast at the House of Blues with Justin's co-workers. 
Then we all pilled into a cab and hit up the Outlet shops.
I didn't buy 1 thing! It was driving Justin nuts!! He had good luck with finding some things he wanted and he kept saying I needed to buy something. Silly man forgot the damage I did the day before!
After lunch we had a glorious nap and then got ready for the night. 
We made our way to the MGM as we wanted to see the Cirque show KA playing there. Bought [cheaper] tickets from a booth on the street and also bought a voucher (cost $3) for 25% off our meal at Emeril Lagasse Fish House
Before dinner we went to Rouge for a drink. 
Dinner was INCREDIBLE. Possibly one of the greatest meals we have had. 
They had 18,000 bottles of wine in the restaurant (see one of the many racks behind J)! And the most expensive one was $10,000!
Our bottle. Delicious.
KA was very entertaining, the theater was amazing, 
they put on a great show but it was by far my least favorite Cirque show I have seen. When it was over, we were both a little dissapinted. It really missed the wow factor that Cirque shows have. Don't get me wrong, it was cool - they did a neat wheel act:
A crazy wall act: 
And the costumes were great too:
I think we just hit an off night where the super spectacular acts we are used to seeing from a cirque show were on a day off. :)

Saturday
We slept in until 10:00am!!! This never happens. Like ever. But it was most wonderful!!
We walked the strip. A lot. Then walked some more. It was so nice out!!
Then went back to the House of Blues for Happy Hour!
$3 beer and $4 wine plus football.
Then we got ready for dinner and our night out to Fremont Street.
For dinner Justin spotted a cute little authentic Mexican place in Mandalay Bay - he loves Mexican and this place did not disappoint. It was incredible. We almost went back on Sunday before the airport but weren't hungry enough.
After dinner we hopped in a cab and went to old school Fremont Street. What an experience.
We walked the street, listened to some terrible "Jingle and the bells" girl band, watched some street performers and then found ourselves a bar for the night and people watched all night. We had so much fun, laughed A LOT, had great conversations and just enjoyed being with each other. I am always reminded of how lucky I am to have someone like Justin as my guy.

Sunday
We took our time in the morning getting ready, then had to check out and then hit up House of Blues for lunch. Apparently we love the House of Blues this trip!!
We had all day to kill so we checked out Shark Reef in The Mandalay Bay.
It was so cool!!! And Justin LOVES sharks.
Terrible photo I know. But the sharks were hanging out overhead.
Then we walked the strip some more, watched the Marathon runners and their crazy outfits or running style and then enjoyed some frozen yogurt.
And then [insert sad face] it was time to go home....

BUT it was super great to be with Cruz yesterday!!!
Some special thank yous...to Debbie for driving J to the airport and picking us up, to Jeff for driving me to the airport, picking up our mail while we were away and shoveling (and dinner last night!!) and to Auntie Cathy and Uncle Ken for looking after Cruz - we SO appreciate you guys.
And thank you to Justin's company for sending him there each year so we can enjoy a few days away together. And thank you Justin for just being so awesome. :) Cause I sorta think you are!
The end.

Related Posts

25 comments:

Jennifer said...

I really love those leggings you were wearing! So wintery!!

Tennille said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! We are hopefully going to Vegas in March on our way to Arizona :) Hehe, Michael loves his Blue Moon beer too! Every time we head to the states, we have to stop somewhere (usually Red Robin because they have giant glasses) so he can get his fix.

Love all of your outfits, btw :)

Whit said...

What an awesome trip!! Nothing better than spending some QT with your best friend/husband. Now Dust and I have to go -- I'm jealous. So glad you guys had so much fun, especially just the two of you!! :)

Leigh said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip! How much stuff did you end up getting at Target?!

Katie said...

what a good trip! I LOVE all your outfits of course - especially that lacy white dress! so glad you guys had some quality time together. Things get so busy and life is hard sometimes, and I think it's easy to forget how lucky we are to have such a good marriage!

Lacey said...

I lOVE Mandalay Bay! Looks like you guys had an awesome time!

Erin said...

Aww that is so sweet! I'm glad you had such a great time! I've always wanted to go to Vegas and never have...

Britt said...

What an awesome trip! Vegas is always a guaranteed good time. I love that the cab driver waited for you while you were at Target. What a nice guy. Glad you got your fix!!

Rachel and John said...

Aw yay! Sounds like a super fun trip!!

RachelSteck said...

You made it to Target - woo hoo! The bracelet you're wearing in the wine glass photo - is it one or multiple bracelets? Love it. Glad you had a great trip!

Krysta said...

It looks like so much fun!

Ashley said...

Looks like an awesome time!!! You will have to do a post on your purchases alone it sounds!! Love all your dresses though!!! Soo glad you guys got some time away with each other!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Glad you had such a great time in Vegas! I want to go back again!!

You looked amazing! Such cute dresses you found and those leggings again! Love!

I saw KA and also wasn't overly impressed. It was still neat but not the usual Cirque wow factor.

Laurie @ Keepin' up with the Scardinas said...

LOVE all the outfits, especially the Target dress. Hubs and I were planning a trip to Vegas with some friends in March but ended up pregnant and so it's being "rescheduled" lol I've never been so I was excited! It sounds like you had a GREAT time!

Kae Schumacher said...

Sounds like an amazing trip! Oh I miss Vegas! I wish when we go each year that it was the same time as you, so we could actually meet haha! So glad you got to go to Target :)
loves xxoo

Ashley said...

Your white dress with the black bubble necklace is gorgeous!!!

That's so awesome that they closed off a section of Hard Rock for you. How fun!!

Love those cartoons about Target...SO TRUE!

Emmett Katherine said...

I can't believe you went to the outlet shops and didn't buy a single thing! Wow, willpower! It looks like you guys had a great (and very busy) trip to Vegas :)

Kristin said...

Loving all the pictures, Sounds like a great trip. Now I want to go to vegas again! lol. but I try and hold off until its warm/hot :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty element of content. I simply stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to say that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
Any way I'll be subscribing on your feeds or even I fulfillment you get entry to constantly rapidly.
Also visit my webpage ; golden virginia tobacco

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow, it looks like you had an awesome trip! I bet it was nice to experience some warmer temps and wear dresses with bare legs. :) You look awesome in all of your outfits!

I can not imagine my life without Target. Ok, that sounds dramatic, but I go there every week!! :)

jen @nutcaseinpoint said...

Blue Moon! My fave! And Target! Ok, now I have to get on Tyler about booking my flight home.....;) glad you had fun!!

Sara said...

looks like you had a great time! I loved vegas when we went 2 years ago! need to seriously start planning a trip back! And we saw KA too! except that it was our last night there, and we were sitting in an AC vent and my contact lenses dried to my eye balls. Glad you had a great time tho, and that you go to go to target, market mall needs to hurry it's butt up!

Gabriella said...

What a great trip! So many fun things. Marco and I saw KA when we were there last. I liked it, but it was not my favorite one we have seen. Glad you got to to go Target too!! :)

Amber said...

Sounds like such a great little getaway! I love getting away with my hubs because we both relax and have soooo much fun together when we're away from the stresses of daily life. Our trip to Florida last year was similar to this and a complete whirlwind but so fun!

Janna Renee said...

Looks like y'all definitely enjoyed yourselves! I love Vegas, but Will has never been, so I hope I get to take him soon!