Blurr of a Weekend

/
17 Comments
Hello and happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend - ours was busy but wonderful.

Friday night we were able to get over for a quick visit and snuggle with Nixon. 
Justin meeting his nephew. Love.
Cruz meeting her new cousin.
I die from cuteness.
Three cousins!!!
Proud Aunt & Uncle.
Cruz giving big kisses!
Thank you again for having us over!!!

Saturday we headed up to my parents place as we are redoing 2 of their bathrooms for them while they are on holidays! I was so excited when Dad 'hired' me for this job. They had just gotten new counter tops in all their bathrooms so it was time for a full makeover! 
I can't wait to show the final product but that will have to wait until Mom and Dad get home later this week and see it.
I then ran around and did errands and then we met up with Leigh & Brian for dinner at Salt & Pepper.
That evening we caught up on Sons of Anarchy and the froze our butts off taking this sweet girl
 for a late night walk in the ravine to see the lights. 
I love this face. :)
Sunday we worked a shift at the Ikea tree lot. It was SO flippin' cold. It was super busy and we sold lots of trees but it was freezing. Thankfully Justin made a Starbucks run to warn us up a bit and finally the sun came out. 
One man asked me what sort of trees they were and without even thinking I instinctively told him flat out there were Christmas trees! :) 
duh. Thankfully he just laughed and said "perfect that's what I was looking for!". Oh Alison, sometimes...

After that we rewarded ourselves by trying out 5 guys burger joint - pretty delicious then went home to grab Cruz and then back to work on - and finish the bathrooms!!
That night we went to dinner at Auntie Cathy & Uncle Ken's with Jeff, Jolie and Nana. It was delicious.
I owe Justin big time for this weekend - he did a lot of work for me on the bathrooms and at the tree lot. Love you babe. I did drive his butt to the airport this morning extra early so we are close to even. ;) Justin is in Virginia all week for work so he's off the hook for more "honey do" jobs! Lucky man.
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

Related Posts

17 comments:

Rachel and John said...

I bet it's nice and warm in Virginia! Lucky guy! Sounds like a lovely weekend. Can't wait to see the bathrooms!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Oh love the Nixon cuteness!! Cruz is such a good big cousin!! Love it!

I can't wait to see what you do with your parents' bathrooms! I keep wanting to do something to our powder room. Maybe I will find inspiration!

Haha I probably would have said "Christmas trees" too!

Sounds like a great weekend. I'm so glad it has warmed up!

Chrissi said...

you two look wonderful with that baby in arms ;) ...just saying.

Cruz sure does look nice in front of the tree!

Kristin said...

been meaning to try 5 guys... glad to hear you liked it!

Ashley said...

You did the bathroom redos in just one weekend?! Wow!? Want to come to ON and do just one of mine? I need a new tub, vanity, floors, - the full works!! haha!

It is crazy to think how different our weather is, but I am sticking to the same story - you can keep it!!

If I was at Ikea - I would have been tempted to pop inside for a little shopping!!

Love the pics of Nixon and Cruz!! Hope everyone is settling in at home!

Leslie said...

Those pictures with Nixon are too cute!!
You must have been freezing standing outside this weekend! It was so flipping chilly!
Your comment about the trees made me laugh out loud - I think it's a great response! :)

Whit said...

Oh my gosh you make me laugh!! -- Christmas tree!! I would have said the same ;)
Sounds like an insanely busy, but fabulous weekend - can't wait to see the bathrooms and Nixon sure is cute. xox

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

Oh my goodness, SO much cuteness! Also, I love that you just told him they were Christmas trees! You are so cute! :)

D said...

your tree is so pretty! :)

Jamie said...

Ahhhh! Tiny baby. I am ready for mine!

Gabriella said...

Such a cutie! I love the Cruz is so good with the kids. That is so sweet!

Dad said...

We can't wait to see the finished product of the bathroom makeover! We miss you guys but are also loving the Florida sunshine! Tell Cruzie to get ready for a Thursday morning run.

Jessica said...

I love these pictures!!! So precious.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That is so nice of you all to redo your parents' bathrooms! I am looking forward to seeing before and after pictures!

Winter has arrived here in Minnesota. We got over a foot of snow yesterday and it was very cold this morning. Oh well - at least it feels like Christmas now!

Kae Schumacher said...

Omg so glad Justin got to meet his nephew! And I love the shirt you are wearing! You always look so adorable! Sounds like a great weekend even though you froze! Don't worry it was -8 here, and we froze also!
loves xxoo

Leigh said...

Haha your comment made me laugh. Good thing you're pretty :) Thanks again for meeting up for dinner! :)

Murdock's mama said...

Love the photos of Cruz by the Christmas tree...hope you had an awesome Christmas!