Bathroom makeover!

/
21 Comments

So like I said while my parents were enjoying sunny Florida and then a fabulous cruise Justin and I took over 2 of their bathrooms.
They had just gotten new concrete counter tops so they needed a makeover. Insert: one of my favorite things to do!
Being the silly woman that I am lately I forgot to take before pictures. whomp whomp. dummy. AND I only had my iphone with me. double dummy.

Oh well you will sorta get the idea...
First off we have the master en-suite off my parents room...

Blinds were these blue ombre beauties...
I enlisted Justin to replace these...
They turned out to be quite a pain BUT they made all the difference in the bathroom!
Plain toilet area... 
After:
 We (meaning ME! Did this alllll by myself) replaced the hardware in both bathrooms .
Before...
 After...brushed nickle to match the towel racks and faucets.
Ripken is in the frame in the corner. :)
Justin also built and put on the wall cabinet. I was absolutely no help at all with this. Being honest.
Tub area...
 Their fabulous kids (sepia tone). :)


I LOVE the art work I found. I found 2 pieces right away and then just the day before we went over to do the redo I found the last piece by the toilet. Have a I mentioned I LOVE Home Sense.
***
 Downstairs powder room...no before pictures - shoot.
But I found these 2 pieces of art works and liked that I could have one vertically and one horizontally.
Towels are brown and there is a wall sconce you can see to the right..
 Handsome assistant peeking! 

There we go - thankfully Mom and Dad love it and are happy with what we put together! :)
It sure was fun! Thanks for handing them over to me (and your debit card!)
***
I also have to tell you - Easton "called" me yesterday (meaning Whitney called me) but then East just goes crazy 'talking' on the phone - it was the most hilarious and cutest thing ever, for 10 minutes he just chatted up a storm and it sounded like he was asking me a lot of questions! Every time I thought about it all night I smiled. I can't wait until we can understand what he is saying cause he sure has a lot to say! Thank you Whit (and East). {Made.my.day.}

Related Posts

21 comments:

Tennille said...

Wow great job! I LOVE Home Sense, too!

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

I love it!! You guys did SUCH a great job! :)

Whit said...

The bathrooms look awesome!! Nicely done Nate Berkus. I know what I will be enlisting you to do if we ever need some design input!!
Easton sure LOVED his phone date with you yesterday -- I am not sure we will want to know what he has to say when he finally puts some words to those sentences of his. ;)

Recently Roached said...

This turned out awesome, A! Love that sink!!

christina said...

good job! and thanks for the laugh about santa :)

Lindsay Nicole said...

This looks great! I love the colors, SINK, and that painting! Great job!! Missed you miss! Happy Holidays!

-Lindsay

Natasha said...

I love HomeSense too! The makeover's look awesome!! Wanna come do mine now?! LOL ;)

KatyK said...

The bathrooms look great! I love those sinks...poured concrete..who knew? Lol I've totally handed the phone off to Boomer on occasion to a telemarketer or bill collector. No shame.

Joeylee said...

The bathroom looks great. Good job!

Leigh said...

You did an amazing job on the bathrooms! I bet your parent's will love it :)

Pamela said...

How sweet!! Yall did a great job!!

Mom said...

You have to trust me when I say these bathrooms have been transformed. Simply amazing. It was like you see on the makeover TV shows with me standing there saying
'Oh My God' over and over again!!

Thanks so much to you and Justin for all your hard work.

Now... about the family room?!?!?

Katie said...

You guys did such a great job!! I LOVE the counter! how sweet of you guys to do that for them!

Kae Schumacher said...

Wow, you and Justin did amazing work! I love the colorful artwork in the downstairs!
Ps. Love Justin photo bombing!
Great work love!
loves.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Love what you did with the bathrooms! What do you call that pattern (in the ensuite)? I just bought a necklace with that shape and I love it. My living room rug has that pattern on it too.

Great job Justin on the blinds and cabinet! Talented.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow, you are so talented at decorating! That is something I am HORRIBLE at!! I am sure your parents will LOVE it!!

Ashley said...

LOve those sinks!!!! I think I need one in my bath!!! We were gunna do concrete kitchen counters - still might... we shall see... You did a great job!!! I love Winners and Home Sense!! Oh Justin, you did a great job too!!

Erin said...

That looks awesome Alison! Great Job!

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

love the new look! I just came across your blog! I'd love it if you could come check out mine, maybe we could follow each other?
-wHiT

Meg {henninglove} said...

wow what a great make-over in the bathroom. love the touch-ups, the redos and the final product. you two make a great team!

Murdock's mama said...

Oh my goodness...the master bath is amazing...I SO want that tub! Totally jealous of your parents new sinks!! Awesome job guys!