Random Wednesday

/
14 Comments
 Thank you Because Shanna Said So for giving me reason to be random today!

Well I have nothing specific to talk about today so this will most definitely be random.

I wish I was in West Palm Beach with Mom & Dad today instead of in snowy, icy, chilly Calgary.
womp womp.

Yesterday I took this crazy girl to the vet cause she has an ear that is bugging her. I took her to a new vet in our area to see if she acted any differently...
 She goes bonkers at the vet. Apparently any vet. 
Unless you are my Mom. Then she acts normal at the vet. Thank you very much Cruz. 
I did really like this vet - I was a little nervous when I saw his name looked ethnic and Cruz has this thing for turbans. Meaning she hates them. But thankfully she liked him too. Until he had to look in her ear, swab her ear and her a shot to reduce the swelling in her ear. :(
He gave us some pills the size of freakin' jelly beans to give to her (1.5 morning AND night!). No matter what she spits pills out so I knew this was going to be a fight. We have tried it all. So after Justin gave it a whirl for 10 minutes this morning - I crushed those suckers up and mixed them with peanut butter and we fooled that little bugger. 
We meaning Lily and I, she had a sleepover last night so it was a bit of a chaotic morning but she loved being apart of the vet visit and "making Cruz better".

I miss this sweet girl. A lot. I just can't imagine Christmas without her.

Remember my post last week on Kiki La Rue - well Becka is having a 5 day sale!!
You should hit it up, just sayin'!!

Related Posts

14 comments:

Ashley said...

Poor Cruz!!! Maybe her and Lil should talk - she has become very good at pill taking lol! If they are the pills I think they are (big orange ones?) then they are no fun!! We have lots of tricks for how to get them down the throat if you need any tips!

Tennille said...

We had a layover in Calgary yesterday. It was snowing and -10 degrees. Not cool!

Jessica said...

Poor Cruz!! Hope she feels better soon :(

Rachel and John said...

Oh Cruz! Hope she is feeling better soon!

Whit said...

Your morning sounds brutal busy. Yikes!! Hopefully the horse pills help Miss Cruzie!! Such a good shot of Ripken. xox

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Poor Cruz! Hope she is on the mend soon!!

Caroline said...

Hope Cruz is feeling better!

Sara said...

Ah the old mash it up in peanut butter trick... works every time!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Poor Cruz! Glad the peanut butter trick worked though!

Laurie @ Keepin' up with the Scardinas said...

Sorry to hear about puppies ear:( My dogs are my babies and I get so upset when they are sick. Have a great Thanksgiving girlie! xo

Leigh said...

Haha I love how you had to crush her pills and put them in PB to get Cruz to take them. We threw them in with Harley's food and he's only left them in his bowl once. He's easy to fool ;)

Katie said...

getting animals to take medicine is so hard! glad you figured it out! and I'd like to be in west palm beach too!!

Jenny Hill said...

My dog growing up would not be fooled by any pill. Mashed up, mixed with stuff meant she still wouldn't eat it. The only thing that worked was to push the pill into a piece of hot dog, then get her crazy excited and start tossing up the hot dog pieces. When she was excited she didn't pay attention to the fact that there was a pill in the hot dog and she gobbled her food.
Funny how dogs are like kids when it comes to medicine.

Janna Renee said...

I hide Wesier's meds in pb too. That stuff is a miracle. I hope she feels better!