A new batch of recipes...

/
15 Comments

I am still loving meal planning - why did I not start this sooner!? Okay here some more recipes we tried and our take on them...


A: This was good - super easy too! I found there is too much oil so I would half that for sure next time.
J: Flavor was alright, just way too much oil. Overall, not a huge fan.

A: I really liked this and it was so simple to throw together the night before and then just plug in the next morning. Leftovers would be great on a bun too. 
J: Super good.

A: I wasn't crazy about this one, I think the honey made it too sweet and there was too much sauce. But it was very simple and I do like a good meat loaf.
J: Not even close to as good as Alison's real meatloaf.

A: Loved this. But I learned you can't put hot things in the blender. Stupid for me not to know that!? Let's just say I had soup all over the kitchen AND it burned my arm AND Justin was not happy. BUT Lily also loved this soup. And I learned something new. But it was very tasty!
J: This was pretty good.

Broccoli Chicken Mac & Cheese
A: This was delicious. I used cream cheese rather than the laughing cow cheese only because I forgot to buy it and I threw in bacon because Justin loves it. :)
J: Also pretty good, I'm glad it was cream cheese and not Laughing Cow. Not as rich.

Grilled Cheese Burger Wraps 
A: These are a very simple and tasty dinner. I didn't grill them (why I didn't think to put them in our panini press I have no idea! duh) so I just put them under the broiler in the oven for 5 minutes.
{I had no dried onion so didn't add that but added Frank's Hot Sauce}
J: Wasn't a huge fan of these. Why wouldn't you just use a bun?

There we go. {Justin's comment made me laugh.}

On a side note:
A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to my Grandma Chris who just received her Master's in Theological Studies!! Such an enormous accomplishment. We are very proud of you Chris!! Congrats again!
XOXO

Related Posts

15 comments:

Michelle said...

Love these recipe posts! Keep 'em coming! And so fun to read both of your comments on each dish

Leigh said...

Haha I can totally see Justin making each of those comments. The honey seasame chicken and the soup look good! I've never been a big fan of meatloaf though. I need to get back into meal planning. Really dropped the ball on it!

Michelle said...

This all looks so yummy!

Caroline said...

I love these posts! Congrats to your grandma!

Jennifer Golding said...

I made the same mistake with the blender before! I bought an immersion blender and havn't had an "accidnet" since :)

Murdock's mama said...

Thanks for sharing these...I feel like we eat the same stuff every week! I printed the first two recipes to try! :)

ps...sorry for all the comments...just catching up! :)

Jessica said...

The honey chicken looks delicious!!

Katie said...

those all look so good! i really want to make that mac and cheese one!

Ashley said...

Hmmm that pork recipe sounds yummy and like you said super easy and so do those burger wraps!!

Ive never used cream cheese in mac and cheese! Might have to try that recipe as well!! Thanks for sharing soo many ideas!! M and I need to get on track and try some new recipes!!

Laurie said...

yummy recipes! I can't try a different meal every night of the week only because I'm bummed out if I don't like it. Lately I haven't even been able to cook anything because just the site of meat grosses me out and makes me gag!

Whit said...

hahaha.. Oh man Justin's comment made me laugh (I thought the same thing of the bun versus the tortilla)!! I love the reviews, I've made the honey sesame crockpot chicken, so good :) Nice work on the menu planning!! Try the pizza roll.. you won't regret it!!
Congrats to your Grandma Chris!!
xox

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I want to try that mac and cheese! Its on my to make list :)

jen @nutcaseinpoint said...

Yum! I am actually making something similar to the broccoli chicken recipe tonight (fingers crossed it turns out!)

smk053078 said...

My hubs would DIE for the first one and I would die for the Tomato Basil Cheddar Soup one. Thanks for sharing. I need all the help I can get!

Janna Renee said...

Congrats to grandmaChris! That really is an accomplishment,and I knowbecause my great grandma did it too. That means we have bad@$$ grandmas ;)