Turkey time - with no turkey. ;)

/
17 Comments
We had a wonderful thanksgiving weekend. The only thing missing was Jeff.

To celebrate thanksgiving, we sprinkled pumpkin spice on our coffee before brewing it one morning - so delicious. Dad was super pumped about it, he begged us to do it again and again - ha. Not so much. We had regular coffee the rest of the weekend! ;)
I read this book over the weekend. 
It was a quick read and I love a book that sucks you in and you just want to sit and read all day. I sorta did that too - sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful fall weather and read. Thanks for the book Leigh.
We went for some beautiful fall walks...
 Cruz swam {of course}...
 Rippers chilled on Cruz's bed most of the weekend...
 Cruz played with her shark non-stop...
 Junie put herself in the cutest positions possible! Cutest cat ever.
 Cruz tried her best to look cute...nailed it.
We ate some delicious meals and my belly seemed to always be full! 
For dinner one night I tried this recipe:
It was a hit and super easy.
For dessert I made these:
Chocolate Chip cookie Dough Brownies
They were also pretty tasty but very sweet so I think I would try and cut down on the sugar in the cookie dough top.
 The lake was it's regular beautiful, peaceful self.
 Junie and Cruz continued with their BFF status.
 We visited with cousins and lake friends. Was super happy to have some time with Logan.
 Justin went for a bike ride and found himself some new trails = happy man.
 All in all it was some great family time. And we all know I love that!
And it didn't end there! We had dinner with Debbie, Crystal, Troy and Emerson Monday night as well. And it was delicious as always and Emerson always keeps us laughing. Love her.
 Over the weekend Crystal, Troy and Emerson took some family photos (taken by Crystal's best friend) and in case you guys didn't know that our niece is the cutest little munchkin ever - I will show you.
Told you. What a ham!!
So there you have it - couple days late - but our weekend recap!

Related Posts

17 comments:

Nikki said...

Omg Emerson is just so stink cute! Love her haming face!

Whit said...

hahaha.. I love your Dad. I would have given in and done the pumpkin spice all weekend Rick, just so you know! ;) haha. Looks beautiful out there this time of the year. Sounds like an awesome weekend!!
Ps. Cute pics of Emerson.

Whit said...

pss. Junie is ADORABLE!!

Jessica said...

Emerson is adorable!!! Also, I love to put spices in my coffee grounds! YUM.

Caroline said...

Can I please come to visit you? The scenery is absolutely breathtaking! And you're the best!

Katie said...

she is so cute! and sounds like such a good weekend! your pictures are always so beautiful!

Leigh said...

Sounds like a great weekend at the lake! Glad you enjoyed the book...I read it pretty fast as well! Emerson is sure a ham!

Meghan said...

Sounds like it was an awesome weekend!

Rachel and John said...

What a lovely family weekend!

Ashley said...

Sounds like an A ok weekend!!! Love that your weather was nice~!!! I promise I am not ignoring your emails, I am planning on responding tonight!!

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

What a fun weekend! Glad you enjoyed it! And the pumpkin spice in the coffee actually sounds good! And Emerson is adorable!

Gina Gao said...

These pictures look great, as if you guys really had a great time with each other. Thanks for sharing!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

krink said...

Looks like a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend at the lake!
Xoxo

Holly said...

Cookie dough brownies? That's like diabete on a plate. :)

I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, my Canadian friend.

Courtney B said...

What a perfect weekend!! And someday I'm coming to visit you (ha ha)! The scenery there is just gorgeous!! By the time the U.S. Thanksgiving rolls around, I won't have any room left in my body for food!! Baby girl will be crowding up my body :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Looks like you had a really fun weekend! I am glad the weather was so gorgeous. It has been kind of cold here lately. I hope it warms back up!!

Janna Renee said...

Omg that pose...She is such a gorgeous little ham! That book definitely looks like a fun little read.