DIY. Movies. PJs.

/
19 Comments
We had a pretty low key weekend. Lily has had a cold all week so I knew we had to take it easy and not do all the fun things we had planned like going to the zoo or swimming. Unfortunately she got worse over the weekend so we are at home today cause she is too sick for school so she is still in bed. You know she is sick when she doesn't want to eat (the girl would eat all day if we let her!) or walk Cruz (her favorite thing to do). Poor thing.
Saturday we ventured out only to get groceries, a few items for crafts and to pick up pumpkins! I wore the cute hat Mom made me (because it was cold yes, but also so I didn't have to do my hair!)
Saturday night Jolie came over for dinner and we watched Bachelor Canada (terrible yet entertaining!) and then we watched Big Miracle with Lil. It is her most favorite movie right now. Before the movie Jolie and I were asking her about it and when we asked if it was sad she said "yes but I think you can handle it". She also promised us there were cute boys in it. :) It was a good movie and based on a true story.
While we were lazing on the couch Saturday night - Dad. Mom, Auntie Cathy and Uncle Ken were partying it up in Las Vegas at the Jimmy Buffet concert! Looks like fun!
Sunday was a PJ day. We didn't get out of them at all! :) Well I did to workout but then put them right back on!!
Girls lounging.
Happy girl with her fruit loops for breaky!
Then Lily and I got our craft on! We did this melted crayon pumpkin - thank you Pinterest.
And then Lily created a spooky melted crayon canvas. This girl LOVES anything Halloween, spooky and gross.
Painted my toes and added glitter to the tips
I also attempted to make some lace boot socks. I didn't find the lace I wanted at Micheals or Walmart so I'll have to hit up a fabric store for my second attempt.
Justin BBQ'd homemade burgers for dinner! Then we watched the first half of The Amazing Spiderman with Lil but had to pause it as it was bedtime so we will watch the second half tonight - after pumpkin carving and dinner with Nana.
So there we have it. The weekend I didn't put make up on or do my hair once. Yes my husband is a lucky, lucky man! ha
Happy Monday.

Related Posts

19 comments:

Emmett Katherine said...

Lazy days are great (and so are hats when dealing with unruly hair)! The Bachelor Canada, are you a fellow Canadian?!!

Katie said...

i love your socks! so cute!! and so is that hat! I hope you enjoy the day home today!!!!

Tennille said...

Cute boot socks!

Chrissi said...

i want to be in my jammies so bad right now so this is making me super jealous!!

happy monday :)

Purple Daisies said...

Yay! Great weekend! I want to get that movie for Mayela. Love the spooky canvas! I carved all 3 pumpkins yesterday with the kids! Have fun tonight! ( Mayela yesterday, while I was carving said " I wonder what uncle Justin will think?")lol

Logan

Ashley said...

All the girls I really liked are off the bachelor... I dont even know why I am watching... will have to pick a new one - who is your fav?
Sounds like a perfect weekend!! I will have to check out Big Miracle - I havent heard of it! Love the crafts and I hope Lily feels better soon!!

Jessica said...

Sorry Lily was sick! Looks like you guys had fun making Halloween crafts :D

Caroline said...

Asss...hope L feels better soon. I think we're going to carve pumpkins soon! And I love the crayon pumpkins!

Janna Renee said...

Good thing you look gorgeous with or without makeup! I hope Lily is feeling better!

Amber said...

Those boot socks are so cute! There is nothing wrong with having a low key weekend every now and then. I hope Lily feels better soon.

Erin said...

I love weekends like that...but I haven't seen one in a while! Hope L gets to feeling better! Enjoy your Monday...we are having a cold and windy one!

Lorena Pizzo said...

I follow you and I hope you will reciprocate...
http://www.5minutiearrivo.com/

Kae Schumacher said...

That sounds like a fabulous weekend, and I love the pumpkin with melted crayons!
Hope Lily feels better!
xxoo

Gabriella said...

Love that hat! The Halloween canvas is super cute! What a cute idea!

My-cliffnotes said...

What a fab weekend

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

The crayon DIY projects are awesome! Looks like a fun weekend!! Bummer that Lily is sick, though. :(

That hat is adorable!!

Leigh said...

Your mom is pretty darn crafty! I love the hat she made you. Does she take requests?! :) Love the crafts that you and Lily did..they turned out great. Hope she's feeling better soon!

Whit said...

I love that toque, nice work Jayne!! Poor little Lily. Looks like you two still managed to have some fun, you crafty girl!! I saw that pumpkin looks awesome!! AND those boot socks... I have some sweaters for you!! ;) xox

Murdock's mama said...

The pumpkin & canvas are so ridiculously adorable! LOVE!! :)