ChaLEAN Extreme...

/
17 Comments
On Monday of last week I started Day 1 of my 90 Day ChaLEAN Extreme experience. 
I decided to start this after my friend Jen became a beachbody coach and posted on Facebook about starting an online boot camp sorta deal.
There are 6 of in total including myself and Jen doing this challenge. Jen created a private facebook group and each of us picked a beachbody program to tackle. We then shared before pictures (yikes!), posted our goals, our struggles, our plans and our current weight (except me!) and measurements. 
{I weigh myself once a year at my physical. We don't own a scale because I don't really care what I weigh, it's how I feel in my clothes and how I look and feel in general. And right now it's not good! ha}
Each day we post our "after workout" photo and Jen is always posting nutrition tips, motivation, recipe ideas, workout tips, etc - she is SO awesome, a great coach.
I also ordered Shakeology through Jen. So I have a shakeology shake in the morning as my breakfast. So far I love it (chocolate one), very tasty and it keeps me full all morning.
Read more about it here.
This group is just what I needed. I needed something new, something to keep me coming back and some accountability. I'm excited for the next few months and concentrating on getting back to feeling better about myself.
So far I love ChaLEAN Extreme. For Step 1 it's Burn Circuits...it is mostly weights and you lift heavy weights for fewer reps. You can make it as hard as you want and I have really pushed myself and it definitely leaves me sweaty and sore the next day(s). 
There are also cardio interval days in there where she combines weights with plyometric intervals AND some kick butt ab workouts too! And on Sunday after the workout there was a 20 minute yoga "recharge".
Step (month) 2 is Push Circuits and Step (month) 3 is Lean Circuits. 
It is a 5 day/week program. So on my off days I plan on taking 1 day completely off and 1 day doing a workout of my choice. I have started doing some of the Tone it Up! workouts and they are awesome. I downloaded their 99cent app and they post daily workouts, tips, etc so it's super handy.
If you don't follow Jen's blog - The Fit Housewife - you should. She is always posting awesome tips, recipes, weekly meal plans, motivation, workout ideas, etc on her blog. And I mean just look at her - that is motivation enough - she has 3 boys!! 
And I think it's safe to say she is more obsessed with lululemon than me!
So there we have it - my next challenge! :) We all know I love a good challenge.
Anyone else tried ChaLEAN Extreme or Shakeology?

Related Posts

17 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm super excited to hear how this goes for you and how you like it! I was planning on starting ChaLean in the new year!

Leigh said...

I've never tried either of those, but glad to hear you are enjoying the workouts! My schedule is full with CrossFit and running right now, but I might have to look into the workouts once I am done training for my half marathon.

Not sure if it's just me, but I find it hard to read the words you've linked to in hot pink. Just thought I'd let you know :)

ps- how you are liking Something Borrowed?

Ashley said...

Good luck! I know you will rock it!!!

Caroline said...

You are going to kick butt!!!!

Krysta said...

I'll be excited to see how it goes!

Sara said...

Looks like this is going great for you! and I also love Jen's blog!

Tami said...

Good for you girl! I did Chalean Extreme a few years ago and I LOVED it. I got great results and it was so much fun. I'm doing another program now but I hope to do it again after this one. I think that it's awesome that you don't own a scale! I need to throw mine out because in the end that number really doesn't matter, does it? I can't wait to follow along with your CE progress!

Ashley said...

Good luck with this!! I really need to get on some type of program to whip me in shape!!

Shay said...

That is so awesome, I am excited for you! I have been slacking a little so I need to find a group like this!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Um no!?!? But I will def ask about it in another 4 months or so?! The shake tastes good?? Have fun!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Very cool! Good luck with this challenge - it is nice to have motivation and someone to help with suggestions along the way!

I don't weigh myself either. :) I just don't really care to know as also judge by how i look and feel!

Whit said...

Nice work on the work outs!! And I think it's fabulous you have the FB group to motivate ya. Jen is hot without knowing she has had 3 babies, and knowing that, WOWZA she is a serious inspiration :)

Keep it up girly!! Soon you'll be feeling a lot more comfy in your own skin, I totally understand the feeling. Not fun. But just so you know, I always think you're beautiful - you're much too hard on yourself. {{hugs}}
xox
Ps. I love my scale. Seriously, keeps me accountable. Just sayin' ;)

Sarah said...

Great for you!! We have been doing p90x2 and LOVING it!! Keep up the good work! It becomes such a routine and a necessary part of my day now that we've been doing it for a few months now!

Nikki said...

What is this shakeology hoopla I keep hearing about?!!? Please enlighten me! Are you still doing the combat video I sent you?

Rinoplasti said...

Pretty insightful post. Never believed that it was this simple after all. I had spent a great deal of my time looking for someone to explain this subject clearly and you're the only 1 that ever did that. Kudos to you! Keep it upRinoplasti

estetik said...

This post contains useful information which helps us a lot. I have never seen such a great post. your wonderful post can inspire a lot and helps us. I visit your website often and share with my friends....keep sharing..

estetik

isabella bailey said...


Great info. Lucky me I found your website by chance (stumbleupon). I've book marked it for later!.For details regarding health and fitness you can Click here