Another one bites the dust...

/
20 Comments
Another weekend that came and went far too quickly for my liking.
This weekend was a good mix of being busy and productive as well as relaxing and enjoying.
Friday night we chopped up a shed we had hoped would fit in the backyard but didn't and then Justin and Uncle Ken did a dump run Saturday morning to get rid of that as well as scraps from building the deck. So nice to get all of that out of the backyard.
I was in a bit of a DIY mood so I made a Halloween wreath (on the blog tomorrow!) and a cork yard stick that has been on my to-do list for a while.
Nate Berkus says it is a no no to have photos covering the fridge...as much as I love Nate I fought this one until I saw this idea and decided it would work.
Fridge before & during production...
 You just hot glue corks to a yard stick, tack photos on to it and voila! 
As you can see Rippers still gets the fridge all to herself for now - sorry Nate.
Justin worked endlessly on cutting tiles and puzzle piecing them into the bar (a big thank you to Dustin too for the use of his tools).
Pre-grout and lots of work later: 
While he did that I made a deal with myself that I could decorate the house for Halloween AFTER I cleaned it. So that I did.
Sunday Justin went out to Moose Mountain for some downhill rides and Cruz and I went for a nice run.
I swear she thinks she is supposed to attack me with kisses when I go to take a photo of us, never fails.
I also started on another DIY project - more on that to come...
 Then once Justin got home we grouted the bar. It looks so awesome! :) Nice work Justin.
We finished off the weekend with at great family dinner with Mom, Dad, Jeff and Jolie (Cruz & Junie too of course!)
There we have it. 

Don't forget to enter the Babee Producks giveaway!!
Happy Monday!!

Related Posts

20 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that wine cork project! And your bar is just amazing! Justin did an awesome job! Can't wait to see your DIY project! :)

Happy Monday!

Katie said...

I love the wine cork stick! i need more corks to do any of those projects! guess i need to drink more wine! :) and love the Cruz pics - so cute!

Leigh said...

Love all of the projects! Can't wait to see what you are making with the frame :)

jen @nutcaseinpoint said...

So what you're saaaaaying is that I should drink a yards-worth of wine? OK.
love the halloween stuff too!!

Jennifer said...

Really cute cork picture holder. I also like your Halloween decor, not too crazy.

Tennille said...

Your bar looks great!!!

Rachel and John said...

Busy weekend! I have photos on my fridge but every now and then I move them all to the side to make it look neater.

Lindsay said...

Adorable! I love the cork display!

Mom and Dad said...

The tiling looks great!! Halloween decor is spooktacular :)

Caroline said...

Love all of your decorations! So cute. What kind of paper did you use to get that printable? I want to do those. And how cute is the cork stick? Guess I need to drink more wine! lol

Lindsay Nicole said...

LOVE this! Miss you lady! I love the skull vase and all of your decorations! Happy Monday!

-Lindsay

Ashley said...

Holy project queen!!! Everything looks great!!! Love the bar!! Your decorating looks awesome as well!!!

Did you seriously have tank top weather? Because we didnt!! I mean yesterday was warmish I guess, but the wind was brisk!

Kristin said...

LOVE the Halloween decor! It looks absolutely fabulous. And I'm totally stealing your wine cork stick idea! :)

Chrissi said...

puppy dog kisses are so sweet :) halloween decor is looking good!

Recently Roached said...

Good grief!
You got more done this weekend than I do all year.

That cork thingamahbob is awesome! :) I love the idea. I need to start saving our corks. :)

Sounds like you're all set for Halloween. Love the glitter skulls :)

Just found your blog. Obsessed with your header. All your pictures are gorgeous!

Amanda said...

I'm going to call you the DIY queen! Where's the tutorial for those corks? I'm definitely going to make that and add it to our gallery kitchen wall that hasn't even begun yet...

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Crafty lady this weekend!

Love the yardstick picture idea! I try to not have very many pictures on the front of my fridge- just have one of A.

Amazing job with the Halloween decorating! I only did a few things this year since we will be away for Halloween. Your house looks ready for a scary party! Where did you find the candy corn? I looked at Walmart but couldn't find it!

The tile on the deck bar looks amazing! Genius idea!


Kae said...

Omg you are so amazing friend! You home looks so festive! I am jealous! Halloween is my fav!

Love all the d.i.y!
Lovesssss

Whit said...

I love the halloween decor. AND I LOVE the idea of the cork ruler for pics. Nice find!! Bar/tile looks awe-some!! Look at you all motivated DIY'er ;) xox

Nikki said...

Love the corks in a yard stick! Such a cute idea! The bar looks great! Love your Halloween decorations!