Fishing for positives...

/
15 Comments

Well we have been in our new building a couple weeks now and slowly is it becoming home. We had a few snags to start out the year so the kids didn't actually start in the new building until Monday.
But our students have amazed me - despite their need for routine and a strong dislike for change they have embraced this move and our new building like troopers. It's safe to say they dealt with all of this better then me! True.

Since a few weeks ago I listed what I was going to miss about our old location I decided to list what I love so far about the new location.
*
- I love all the green spaces to eat lunch. I have forced myself this week to eat lunch away from my desk and since my office is a deep freeze, I go out to un-thaw at lunch. [See what I did there - paired something I HATE about my new office (freezing in September) to something positive. ;) progress people.]
- I am learning to love my drive to work. I love seeing the mountains and a sunrise view of the city each morning. (Drive home is another story)
- I love all of the space we have. Despite the dust, boxes and chaos - it's unreal that we have 4 wings and 2 floors that belongs to us!
- I love the area we are in. Such old trees and historic buildings, it's really pretty.
There we go. :) 

Related Posts

15 comments:

Caroline said...

Your drive sounds amazing! We don't have any mountains here so that would be incredible to see. You'll be used to it all in no time!

Leigh said...

I like that you are thinking positively! What route are you taking to work now? Stoney to Sarcee to Glenmore to all the way down Crowchild?

Jessica said...

I'm glad you and the kids are adjusting well! Hope you all settle in quickly.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Love your positivity! I don't understand why the morning commute is decent and then the evening commute is a gongshow! It sucks! I love that area though.

Glad the kids are enjoying their new location!

Erin said...

That's the way to be positive girl! This will be a great opportunity for you to make new memories! What's the drive home like?

Ashley said...

It will continue to grow on you, as time goes by!! Not to mention you can't complain about those mountain views! It just makes me miss Calgary all that much more!! We really did like it there!!!

Amber said...

Change is hard for many people to deal with, including me. It is so easy to be negative but I am glad to see you are already finding positives in your new workplace and routine.

Rachel and John said...

YAY! Maybe your office will be toasty warm in December, like you're on a beach somewhere?

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

I love that you are focusing on all the positives! Way to be, sweet lady! :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Ha, I love this. I also did a post today that was forced positivity. I have been in such a rut for the last week as I have been SO sick. But if you look around, there really is lots to be happy about/thankful for. It's just that sometimes we have to make a conscious choice to focus on those things!

Ashley said...

haha love that pic at the end! glad you are seeing the sunny side of your new place lady!

All you need is love said...

Glad you like the new place! More space is good and keep a blanket in your office :)

Whit said...

Silver lining that is your new nickname :) although the old one will forever stick ;) hee hee

Kae said...

I need to take a tip from you and be more positive!

Al said...

Ok, your school sounds idyllic - lucky lady! LOVING those mountains!!
And loving you :)
xoxo