A wish and a weekend!

/
16 Comments
Today I want to wish my Mom a VERY happy birthday.
I know I have said it before but we really hit the jackpot when it comes to parents.
Mom is not only a fabulous Mom but a great friend, we love to hangout with her, she is goofy, makes us laugh A LOT and inspires us to keep fit. She truly is the best. We are so thankful for her each day.
So have a GREAT day at the lake - I am sure you guys will run, bike and kayak all in one day. Just a typical day for you too. Love you!!
***
Well we had a terrific weekend at the lake. The weather was beyond beautiful and the lake is just so quiet and wonderful this time of year.
We arrived safely (after a total blond moment going through the McD's drive through for an iced coffee!) and had a great wiener roast and bonfire with Mom, Dad, Nana, Auntie Cathy and Uncle Ken.
It was SO good to see Cruz. With Justin not there - we may have cuddled all night. :)
Morning snuggles. 
Saturday was Jolie's Birthday!!!
Coffee & presents on the decks. (ramp is for the senior citizen dog Ripken!)
Dad and I went for a ski - I wore a full wet suit and it was still freezing - AND a first for me skiing in mid September but really fun. Mom, Auntie Cathy, Jols & I walked with Cruz to the thrift store then we pretty much lazed in the sun for the rest of the day.
Jolie studying, wearing a birthday hat. Perfect!
Love this beauty.
Then we had a turkey fry at Auntie Cathy & Uncle Ken's with the Thomas's. Great time as always.
Jolie got this shirt from them for her birthday! The NY girl in Calgary!!
Then Jolie, Steve and I walked up the hill to Flower Fest. We had a blast despite being a little chilly and not bringing glasses - we didn't exactly plan on going to music festival! But the live music was great and we had fun people watching that's for sure! 
It was a great bonding weekend for Jolie and I. :)
Love this birthday girl!!
Junie and Cruzie are now BFFs. They were so funny playing and Cruz chasing after her all weekend.
Mom and Cruz taking a break!
Justin was at home all weekend working his tail off on the deck railing:
It looks AMAZING!!! I am so glad we changed our minds and went with this instead of glass. I love it.
And the bar!
The BBQ will go in that space. Hopefully. And it will be stained the dark color.
It is awesome and I know it was SO much work!! Thank you Justin!
He was very productive without me! Cleaned the truck, did recycling, worked day and night on the deck...I rewarded him with wings at the watering hole when we got home!
Happy Monday!

Related Posts

16 comments:

Katie said...

loving the work on your deck!! he is doing just a great job! and happy birthday to your mom! :)

Ashley said...

Well the deck looks fantastic!!! Great job!!!

Love all your pictures and it sounds like you guys had a great weekend!!! Happy birthday to your mama and jolie!!

Benlovesting said...

Oh so beautiful! x

Join our giveaway, worth 326USD!

Rachel and John said...

Good call not getting glass. I think it would be hard to keep clean.
Sounds like an awesome weekend!

Logan said...

Happy birthday Aunty Jayne!!xox

Good job Justin!

Elle Noel said...

Wow your Mom is super fit! Happy birthday to her and Joli! Deck looks a-maz-ing! What a handy man!

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! And I can't believe you went skiing even in a wet suit. I'm too chicken to do that!

Mom said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes :) Have only run and walked so far but the day is young!!

Deck looks GREAT...can't wait to see it for real on Sunday.

Leigh said...

Happy birthday Jayne! I hope you have a fabulous day :)

Sounds like a great weekend...no husbands/bf's bugging you and a gorgeous view. Nothing beats that! :)

Jennifer said...

Hi Alison,

I stumbled across your blog a few months ago, and I just wanted to say thank you! I was looking for a dvd workout to do at home (I have a gym membership but can't get there much after work as I rush home to let my furbabies out), and saw comments on here about Jilian's "30 day shred". I purchased it and am on day 10 and can't believe how great it is! Thank you so much for mentioning it!!

Whit said...

What a fabulous weekend!! Happy Birthday JAYNE!!! Looks like such a nice Birthday for Jols, even if it was away from the BF. :) Nice work on the deck Just!! Can't wait to see in person you guys. xox

All you need is love said...

What a great weekend recap! You are soo lucky to have such wonderful family and friends and that house on the lake is gorgeous. Justin did a muy fabulouso job on the deck..gorgeous!!

Holly said...

Happy belated to your mom and Jolie! And oh my gosh, if I had an awesome desk and BBQ spot, I'd probably start eating meat... or at least find a reason to have a party. Good job, Justin!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!! Looks like another great weekend at the lake! Glad you got some bonding time with Jolie.

Justin was very productive this weekend! Love the BBQ spot! What's the spot next to it? Pretty much the awesomest deck ever!!

Kae said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful mother! :)
Ps. She can be my personal trainer anyday! haha!
You and Jolie are so beautiful! I love all the lake pics..so jealous! xxoo loves

Janna Renee said...

Happy birthday to your mommy! As awesome as you are? I wouldn't expect her to be any less cool! Yay for the bar being almost finished!!