Whistler: A Bear? A Bear?

/
15 Comments
Between my obsession with photo taking and Leigh and I swapping photos - I am breaking these vacay posts into 2. Whistler today. Kamloops tomorrow.
Either way, it will be photo overload.
We left the lake early Monday morning and were prepared for the 13 hour drive ahead..
First pit stop. Somewhere with a decent bathroom. Check.
 
Stopped in kamloops for lunch (and melted! It was so hot), after a quick hello to Leigh's cousin we hit the road for Whistler! 
The drive was beautiful but kinda scary as it was so steep and twisty and the brakes got a little PO'd at us - nothing a little water didn't fix!
Have no fear - we made it! First stop - Black's Pub of course!

Brian already loved having his photo taken.
(He had a flight of beer that's why his is a baby beer)
Bike Park - view from our room!
Olympic Rings - Leigh
Myself
Day 1 - the guys rode the bike park. Leigh and I got groceries, shopped, went for a run around Lost Lake, had lunch with the guys and then found ourselves a patio with $10 Sangria jugs. :)
Justin came back with a wrecked ankle and this wound.
Then it was time for the Zip Line tour.
The D's!
 The B's!
 Don't laugh at Leigh's crooked helmet. It upsets her. :)
 The gang.
Justin
 Leigh
 Alison
Me again
 Brian
After a quick change we headed for dinner. We learned that Whistler is definitely not known for their service in restaurants.
Day 2 - We dropped the boys off at the trail they were riding. I jokingly took thier photo incase they didn't make it down. :) 
The trail was called Comfortably Numb and it is considered the 'EPIC ride of Whistler", it's 24km and there is a sign that says:
Needless to say we were glad when they made it back to the village.
 While they were gone - us girls did a little more shopping (had to check the new loot at Lululemon!), walked the same loop we ran the day before, then did this workout in the hotel room:
Once we were good and sweaty we went to the pool/hot tub and then decided to walk to the market in the upper Whislter village.
Walk to Lost Lake.

Lost Lake.
 {Leigh pushed me in the water off the boat at the lake, I REALLY should have pushed her in here. Damn it.}
For dinner we headed to an incredible little Mexican place. 
Mango Daiquiri yumminess.
The guys jug of beer.
 Brian was a happy boy after this meal. Food and beer = happy guy.
They had an awesome rooftop hot tub that Justin and I took advantage of before bed.
Then we got up bright and early to head to Kamloops...but that's tomorrow.

PS. Pop on over to Leigh's blog and wish her and Mr. D a very Happy 2 year Anniversary! :)

Related Posts

15 comments:

krink said...

Wow... looked like an amazing trip! Glad you guys had a good time. Hope Justin's ankle is doing alright. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.
Xoxo

Joeylee said...

looks like you guys had a great first day. Ouch to Justin's leg. Zip lining looks fun but I don't know if I would do it cause I'm totally afraid of heights. cute pictures

Ashley said...

Sounds like an awesome time soo far!!! Justin must have been thrilled with all the photos lol! But I am!!

Jessica said...

Yikes! Looks like Justin took a nasty spill!

Chrissi said...

you four are just adorable! i am glad you're enjoying a wonderful trip! XO

Becky @ TheBexFactor.com said...

Looks like a super fun trip. I've never been to Whistler but would love to check it out sometime.

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Looks like a awesome trip! And zip-lining?! We almost went a COP but I chickened out... haha. I should just face my fear and do it though!

Erin said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Sure have missed your posts over the last week...glad to have you back!

Amber said...

Umm that place is GORGEOUS! Looks like you were having too much fun on the zip-line there girl

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh wow, those pictures are all gorgeous. I would love to visit Whistler some day! Sounds and looks like you guys had a wonderful time!!

Leigh said...

Haha I laughed pretty hard at this post. Yes you should have pushed me in the water when you had a chance and I don't know why my helmet was so crooked!! You captured our days well :)

Ashley said...

holy wound!! that is crazy!

i want to go zip-lining SO bad!!!

and i am totally trying this WOD tonight!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Ouch! Justin's leg looks sore!!

Zip lining looks fun! I'm not sure I would have the guts to do it though!

Sounds like a blast! I love your skirt that you were wearing with the Olympic rings! Loving stripes right now!

Janna Renee said...

I'm glad you guys had a fabulous trip! I knew you would ;)

Whit said...

Looks like fun!! Looking fwd to hearing about it in person :) xox