"Too Old"

/
15 Comments
Well the weather did hold up and we headed out to Two Jack lake for our annual camping trip with Crystal, Troy and Emerson.
While we were setting up the tent Emerson found Cruz's food and was feeding her 1 piece at a time. :) Such buddies!
Saturday while Emerson napped, Justin wanted to ride a trail he knew of in Banff so Cruz and I joined and hiked it while Justin rode it twice.
It was beautiful, very hilly but we enjoyed it. Even though I was a little paranoid of bears and cougars since there were signs all over saying there were sightings of them. Or of getting lost. If you know me - you know I am severely directionally challenged. I was happy when we came out right at the truck. :)
 
Uncle Justin and the BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!  Miss E turned 2 on Saturday!
When you asked her how old she was she said "too old"! 
She is so chatty right now and soooo fun. We just love her and were so glad to spend her birthday with her.
We made many "towers" and thrones out of our wood pile.
Cruz loves camping.
Checking on what's going on...such a good camper.
My Mom made Emerson an awesome hat for her birthday - she was so cute opening it!
Saturday afternoon we headed into Banff for Cow's ice cream! yum.
Then made a stop at Two Jack lake. 
Troy dunking Emerson's head in as she wanted to swim! The girl is a fish just like her Dad, Troy did go for a dip!
Cruz loved it just as much as Emerson.
Cousins! Cruz got many "Cruzie hug" over the weekend. 
On her throne again, with her rocks.
Opening her presents from us.
New puzzle play time with Mom.
Birthday corn! 
I had made rainbow cupcakes and ordered edible icing stickers of Toopy and Binoo for her as right now she LOVES them. She was pretty pumped - it was cute. We heard a lot of "Toopy and Binoo"!!
This is how you eat a cupcake on your second birthday. It was awesome. Pretty much the funniest thing ever.

Then it was sparkler time. She loved it.
Uncle J, Emerson and Auntie A. 
I-o-wa! 
{I-o-wa is how she says I love you - I hope she never grows out of that! Love it.}
Mom, Emerson and Papa.
The whole gang!
Thank you Mother nature for the great camping weather!

Related Posts

15 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

I can't believe she's 2 already!
I LOVE the blanket Cruz is laying on. And the trees in your last photo are amazing!
Have a great week!

Ashley said...

So glad the weather held out!! Love all the pictures and that Emerson had a great birthday and loved the cupcakes!! Good job!!

I also love the blanket CRuz is on! Reminds me that I need a new one!

Leigh said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! I agree, that age is so much fun! They have so much personality and come out with the funniest things

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

She is so cute especially when opening that hat present! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Reccewife said...

I LOVE Banff! We've been posted to the other end of the country, but I can't wait to be closer to their again! :)

Rachel and John said...

You are CRAZY for hiking alone so close to hibernation time! I'm glad a bear didn't get you! Looks like a fun weekend and it made me want to go camping.

Cami said...

So happy you were able to have an amazing time :) Great photos!

Katie said...

I'm glad the weather was good!! you are such a great aunt!! : )

Mom said...

Great photos. Love the group shot :)

Tami said...

I love Emerson's expression when she saw her new hat. Too, too cute! Looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend!

Kae said...

Adorable! Happy TOOOO OLD Emerson! Looks like a great time! So glad the weather held up :)
loves

Chrissi said...

i love camping and this looks like a really fun trip (especially with those cupcakes!!)!

Whit said...

I love camping, looks like a fun weekend!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Too old cracks me up!! Happy birthday Emerson!! You make camping look like so much fun! I might have to try it again one of these days...

Yummy cupcakes!

Janna Renee said...

Um...I'm 26 and I STILL look like that when I eat a cupcake! They are so messy, but SO good!