New Start...

/
19 Comments
Well today is a little bittersweet - and a royal pain in my behind...
You know what's worse than moving to a new house? Moving an entire school to a new location - and to a new location that is not quite done all the renovations or ready for move in to top it all off. And let's not mention the fact that the students come back Tuesday...excuse me while I hyperventilate into a paper bag for a minute...
Ok so yesterday was slightly a gong show. And I say slightly because I am trying to be positive. And today will be better. 
It helped that the movers showed up EARLY today, not 4 hours late like yesterday. Ok we won't go there...
Back to the bittersweet....

I am going to miss my office that looks out on to the kids playing in the yard... (not going to miss the fact that the 'yard' is beside a very busy road)
I am going to miss the coziness of this old building...
I am going to miss my quick 7:00am grocery shopping trips before work...
I am going to miss the sweet man at McDonald's that give give me $1 coffees all year round after said grocery trips...
I am going to miss my quick 15 minute drive to work...
I am going to miss our awesome postman who delivers the mail to my desk and is always so cheerful. 

But in the end this is SUCH a good move for our little school. It means we can grow. It means I don't have to turn away so many wonderful families because we are full. It means our students get a real gym. A real playground. A real school. It has so many positives.
I am will not sugar coat things - it will be total chaos and stressful until - let's say December. BUT then it will be wonderful. So until then - wish us luck. :)

Related Posts

19 comments:

Leigh said...

Just think, it only has to get better from here! It's so exciting for the kids and I hope they love it! :)

Shannon Page said...

Change is hard but maybe you will love the new school EVEN more - good luck!!

Caroline said...

Good new things are headed your way!

Katie said...

that is exciting about the new things but change it hard!! and all those little things were small things that made you happy! :) hoping you find some of those small things at the new place!!!

Ashley said...

Sounds like an exciting new chapter for your school. Once all the bugs are worked out and maybe the renovations finished... it will be fantastic! How much further is the commute? Maybe there is something else on the way? Best of luck in settling in!!

Mom and Dad said...

Thinking of you and hoping the move goes as smoothly as it can. Yikes...such a big job but with you organizing everyone, we know it has to help. Exciting times ahead for the school :))

Bethany Scruggs said...

i love you!!!!

Rachel and John said...

It's so exciting though! And think of all the fun you can have decorating!!

Jessica said...

Hope things get better soon!!!

Chrissi said...

congratulations on the big move (as big of a pain as it may be...)! i am excited for you :)

Gabriella said...

Moving is a pain, but you are going to be so happy at the new school!! Good luck! :)

Kae said...

Aww I can see why its a lot to handle!
Hope the new school is great! :)
loves

Monica's Notebook said...

GOOD LUCK! Everything will work out and it sounds like this is a great thing! It's just going to take time to get everything situated. Hope you have a good week pretty girl! :]

Sarah said...

Think of all the positives!! It will be great before you know it :) Good luck pretty!!!

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

Good luck! Come January this will all just be a distant memory. :)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Ugh moving is horrible!! We moved offices in January and it sucked!! Glad you are seeing the positive even though there are lots of great things you are leaving behind. Sounds like the new school is going to be amazing!

Leslie said...

You don't need luck! You will rock it :)

Janna Renee said...

Wow! Moving an entire school sounds intense! I already feel bad for teachers having to reset the stage each year, but to move the whole school AND have to reset your classroom? I give you props!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Great post. It's very timely for me as I am going through some major changes at work.

I hope the move goes as smoothly as it can! I can totally understand why it is so stressful. It's a bittersweet experience for you, I am sure!