Kamloops = Hotness, ER & Stunt Rope Swing

/
16 Comments
Once arriving to Kamloops we checked into our B&B. Justin and I had stayed there 2 summers ago and we loved it so we were excited to stay at Riverside again.
View from our room.
Justin and I spent the afternoon chilling, 
reading, 
dipping in the river and working out (me) 
[Swicheroo: I did wacky jacks not jumping jacks/I did this 5 times]
and napping (Justin). Leigh and Brian went and floated down the river with her cousin for the afternoon.

Then that evening we dropped the guys off at the top of Rose Hill to ride down...
Twice...but it should only have been once because on the second run, Brian crashed and we had to visit the ER for stitches. :( 
See his poor tire compared to Justin's...his elbow, leg and belly didn't look much better. Poor guy.
Yikes.
The views were very pretty for our long drives down though..
And luckily Justin was a good nurse cause there is no way Leigh was getting close! :)
My morning ritual...
So since both guys were injured they opted out of riding Sun Peaks on our last day and were lucky enough to spend the day with thier lovely wives...we shopped a little...
(see the sign..)
And then found a rooftop patio.
Then spent the afternoon on the dock...summer love.
While the boys napped Leigh and I did this Tabata's workout...
Then got ready for dinner with Leigh's Aunt at an amazing greek restaurant.
After dinner we had a hot tub (with our food bellies!), a couple drinks, 
 
lots of laughs and called it a night.
B&B love...it's beautiful.
Corner deck over river and BBQ to the left...
There's a cool rope swing that Leigh is super good at. ;) Right Leigh!
Cute signs on our rooms.
Leigh and I had a little fun on thier in-ground trampoline..
Me
Leigh
Double team!

What I say next may shock you...we had NO ice cream in Whistler or Kamloops. Fail. I KNOW!!!
So it was a must when I spotted an ice cream place in Jasper on the way home!
The guys did ALL the driving...we saw some wildlife..
We had nice hair dos and read a lot of books...
We napped...
And saw some amazing views...
Then we made it to the lake in time for dinner!
Group shot!
We were sooooo happy to see this cute girl!
Hello lake...
We had such a great time! We were lucky enough to enjoy it with great friends! It was almost like going on vacation with Leigh and Justin was on vavcation with Brian at times - but it worked and we were all happy with how we spent our days! Thanks again D's!

Related Posts

16 comments:

Jennifer Delle Fave said...

Wow! Your trip looked amazing!! I think you should print and frame some of those awesome shots you took. I even love the coffee morning ritual...so serene. You guys are such a cute couple. I love that you have good friends to go away with too! What a fabulous summer vacay you're having. :)

Joeylee said...

your trip looks awesome! great pictures. glad your friend was ok, cause his bike looks bad.

Katie said...

that looks beautiful!! and like so much fun! I love you neon tank! It's nice to have a friend that wants to work out with you on a mini vacation too! :)

Nikki said...

Your trip looks AMAZING! The pictures are stunning! Looks like you all had a good time even with a little ER trip.

Ashley said...

Glad you guys had soo much fun, minus the accidents!! Hope the bike is an easy fix!

That pic of justin lying on the bed with Leigh and D cracks me up, you have to look closely to see his legs above the blankets, but it almost looked like you guys were entertaining from in bed! hahaa!!

Love all the pics!! I hope you are having a blast at the lake! Our weather is starting to get better!

krink said...

Awesome trip! But TOTAL FAIL on the ice cream Auntie!!! Boo!!! But glad you made up for it in Jasper.
How is Mr. D doing now? Okay? Are his stitches out yet?
Xoxo

Leigh said...

Another great trip recap :) So glad that you could include the lovely picture of my insane hair bump, haha. It was a great trip!

Crystal- he's doing better...sill a little sore though. Stitches are still in too.

Caroline said...

Oh my gooness! Your pictures are amazing. Fred and I need to come to Canada ASAP. Glad you guys had a wonderful time. Is that neon top Lulu?

Amanda said...

It looks like it was an absolutely amazing time! I so jealous that you guys get to go on couples trips and dates all the time! Wishing I lived closer to you both!

Leslie said...

The view from the B&B is amazing. It's relaxing just looking at it......
Nothing better than sitting and having coffee overlooking the water

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow, Kamloops looks beautiful. I am going to be there next summer and can't wait to see it in person!! So gorgeous! It's so fun that you and Justin are friends with the D's! Seems like it's tough for both the husbands and wives of a couple to really truly get along and click well together!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Looks like a complete blast! I'm soooo envious!! :)

What program did you use to take some of those pictures? I'm assuming on your iPhone? They turned out pretty neat!

Good for you girls getting your workouts in! Such a good influence on one another!

Poor Brian!! He must be pretty upset about his bike too! I'm actually glad that J doesn't like to mountain bike anymore- kinda scares me!

Al said...

You are the only woman I know who goes on vacation and still works out :)

It looks like a BLAST, love, so glad you got to relax and unwind. And I so want your morning ritual...

Love to you, beautiful!
xoxo

Janna Renee said...

Can I come be your live in maid for the next few months? I want to be apart of your life and will work for room and board....

Whit said...

OUch.. poor MD. Yikes. Looks like a great time!! Can't wait to hear about it!! xox

Whit said...

Ps. The trampolines look AWESOME!! I love when they're build into the ground. :)