Big girls don't cry...

/
13 Comments
Happy Friday...today is my LAST day of actual holidays. Sigh...

Some random shots:
I'm going to miss doing this on a rainy day with my girl...
Cruz was feeling left out of Grampa and Grandma's room...

We had another awesome day yesterday. Guess what I did for the first time in YEARS - I skiied! And it was so fun! Ever since we started wake boarding I haven't been skiing much and I am so glad Dad pushed me to try! I got up on 2 skis and then dropped one.
Hopefully we can head out again today and I can try and get up one like I used to!

After Dad's delicious dinner of Jambalaya [yummers!]; Mom, Nana & I headed into Edmonton to pick up Lindsey and Mrs. T for Jersey Boys.
It was so great! I had never been to a musical before and this one set the bar high for my next. It was so entertaining and those guys sure can sing. Incredible! We had awesome seats - row 9! Thank you Mom!

Now, I have decided that on Fridays I am going to try and do an outfit post. Not that I am a big fashionista, a "fashion blogger", have this crazy expensive wardrobe or know what I am doing but I really like putting together outfits with inexpensive items from my closet and I love seeing others do this too. I love when I get comments on a piece I am wearing and shock them with the fact that it cost $14 from Walmart. 

Enter my skirt from last night.

 I have been loving the high/low trend and as soon as I saw this skirt, I knew it had to be mine! I love the colors and little birdies too. 
Made me think of you Katie.
And YES it was from Walmart! I have no shame. :)

Outfit details: 
Skirt: Walmart, Tank top: Old Navy, Wedges: Payless (years ago), Necklace: Ebay, Earrings: F21.

So there we have it! Now I just need to figure out where to set up our camera with a timer or bribe Justin with wine gums into some photos! Wish me luck!

Ok now everyone go and enjoy your weekend.

Related Posts

13 comments:

Nikki said...

Those shoes are cute! I am DIEING to see Jersey Boys!

Joeylee said...

really that skirt is from WalMart, wow its super cute. I'm looking for a cute skirt or somethign to wear to my friends wedding Sept 14th. I might just have to go check out WalMart!

Ashley said...

Love your outfit! I also love shopping for great deals!!

I have been curious with the high/low skirts, but have stuck with the maxi skirts recently and LOVE them! I'm just nervous with the high and low because I am tall!

Which photo app did you use for the last pic?

Oh and congrats on getting back on the water skiis! I havent done that in years either!!

M's parents saw the Jersey Boys and loved it as well!

Jessica said...

I'm so jealous you saw Jersey Boys!!

Logan said...

I saw the skirt first!! Just saying! And thought of you, and then you come around the corner holding that skirt!!!!! Weird!!!!

Bex said...

I love your outfit. Who cares where clothes come from, if they look good and you like them, that's all that should matter!

I'm so not fashionable at all. I rarely shop (especially now) but I wish I did so I could feel cuter all the time haha

Kae said...

you are so beautiful friend :)

Katie said...

a bird skirt? I love it! and you definitely need to continue your outfit posts. : ) you look gorgeous! and I'm jealous of your eyes.

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

You are so beautiful, girl! And I really love that very first shot of you and the pup by the fire. What a beautiful way to spend time. :)

Janna Renee said...

You look like an angel ;) i know you will miss your puppy, but you are going to have fun with your kids!

Amber said...

Walmart has GREAT clothes sometimes! And for good prices too. Plus when I only pay $10=$20 for something I don't care as much if it rips :) Cute skirt!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I love musicals! Haven't seen Jersey Boys though.

That skirt is from Walmart? I LOVE it! You always find the best things there! I have found few things but often I'm too late and they are out of my size. Guess I have to get there quicker! I like that we can wear Walmart stuff and not be embarrassed! Designer labels and prices aren't everything.

Whit said...

You are beautiful - love the skirt!! Oh Cruz..she is such a sweet heart and nice work on the skies sistah!! You are a brave girl :) xox