Fit is the new skinny

/
12 Comments
Anyone else complete the June Abs Challenge?? :)
Mom and I did! 
(Dad would have if he had not broken his collar bone and being the crazy man that he is, he is already back at it!!)
I can say that the moves got slightly easier as the month progressed and I sure did get bored of them. I even tried doing them reverse order! But I am glad we completed it and it was nice to have something I had to do each day and stay accountable for.
Not sure if there is noticeable difference in my ab area or not.
 Day 1 and Day 15
Day 30 (well photo was 3 days late but wanted it in the same mirror/light)
Not exactly where I want to be but hey, life gets in the way sometimes. So does ice cream. :) And wine...and dessert...you know all the good stuff.
Mom and I wanted something to do this month that was more total body, so Mom created this new one for us to add on to our workouts in July (or do alone on off days).
I know I am 5 days late posting this but if anyone wants to jump into it with us by all means!! The push ups are killer, I have to resort to me knees!
And here's a little motivation:
I never weigh myself but this made me laugh....
Happy Thursday!!

Related Posts

12 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm starting back at the gym next week! Great motivation although I'm not sure what half those exercises are hahaha

Janell Happ said...

Wow, girl! Your abs look great! And i can see a definite difference between the first photo and the day 30 photo. You've just motivated me to get on it when comes to my stomach, my biggest problem area. thanks for the inspiration , Alison!

Leigh said...

I failed at the ab challenge....it was easy enough to do in front of the TV, but just kept forgetting. I really should start back on it! Pushups are the worst for me...I have been working on them though and am up to 13 man pushups in a row! :)

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

I don't even know what most of these words mean. You are my hero!!

Rachel and John said...

Seriously you need to be my after baby trainer. I need your motivation! Also you have a seriously amazing ab area.

Whit said...

hahaha.. Oh my gosh I love the last poster!! So funny!! You are one tough, motivated, determined cookie!! Inspirational for sure!! (Bikini body for sure ;))

Mom said...

I am finding the spider with weight reach and the pushups the hardest. Darn that Amanda and Jeff for suggesting them!!

Leslie said...

So funny! The title of your post is what caught my eye. I have a picture up as the background on my phone for motivation that says Strong is the new Skinny.

Amy Powell said...

loving the inspiration! just about to start a 30 day ab challenge (second go - but I'll do it!)

hope you had a great 4th!

Katie said...

you have awesome abs and can use your own pic as motivation! how often do you work out with your mom??

Ashley said...

Great job!!!

Janna Renee said...

Holy schnikeys you have crazy abs! I love how you are like "not where I want to be". I would like to be right where you don't want to be. Haha. Personally, I think you have the perfect midsection, because it still looks feminine. No matter what...you look fabulous!