Enjoying Summer!

/
13 Comments
Happy Monday!
I have decided I prefer my summer holidays when Justin is off too. :( We missed him today!
But Cruz and I managed on our own! Went for a run in the rain this morning, I went to Home Sense (just wait until you see what I found), we walked this afternoon and did 3 loads of laundry. (It was too hot for laundry last week!)

Alright - our weekend was perfection. The only problem is I only too 2 pictures! {GASP!}
I know, I sort of want to cry about it. But you'll just have to trust me, it was awesome and the weather on Saturday was the way it should be at the lake.
Before dinner on Friday we had all our family and the Thomas's on the front lawn for Happy Hour!
I headed to bed earlier than Justin Friday night and had Cruz join me, I needed some cuddles, luckily Justin wasn't too far behind!
Saturday morning it was beautiful! Coffee on the deck at the lake is in my top 10 favorite things ever.
This is where the photos end. fail.
The rest of the weekend was spent:
- Going to the market and Museum Garage sale (I found a cool prop for Whit, more on that another day)
- 4+ hours spent on the boat (us, Jeff, Jolie, Steve and Lindsey), wake surfing, swimming, louging and then Mom, Dad and Cruz and Mr. & Mrs. T joined us for a float.
- An amazing family dinner
- Bonfire
- Sunday morning Mom and I went for a kayak and Dad went on the paddle board beside us.
Then we had to say goodbye to Gran. :( Until our next visit!! We love her visits, thank you so much for coming Gran!
I do have to wish our little man Dal a VERY happy 2nd birthday {yesterday}!!
This is the cake my superstar cousin made for him. Amazing.
It does not seem like it was 2 years ago that I got to meet you when you were just 10 days old Dal!!!
Last summer.
You sure love your Uncle Justin!
Now look at you!! Trouble with a capital T!!!
We can't wait to spend a week with you and have you terrorize our house! :)
We love you Dal!!! xoxo

Related Posts

13 comments:

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Sounds like a blast!! I so miss summers at the lake!!

Ashley said...

Home Sense? Photo props?

Love it when you go shopping!!! Can't wait to see what you bought!!

You probably didn't take pictures because you expect too much out of your phone and didnt bring your camera... haha!

Katie said...

sounds like such a great weekend! coffee on that lake sounds perfect! and he is the cutest!!

jes @ twosmuppies said...

UHHHH i want that cake. for my birthday. next year. when i turn 25. i want.

Logan said...

Yay to the lake!!

Oh how I miss when Dal was 10 days old!! I think I had a tear or two!!

The cake recipient is on Martha Stewart it was a banana cake which means you 2 pieces because it has bananas in it!! Hahaaa

Dad said...

It's a date....you, me and coffee on the deck....Saturday morning, July 28th!! XOXO

Mom said...

I know, I can't believe we didn't take a group shot and more photos when we had the chance...what were we thinking!!

Leigh said...

What?! Alison took 2 pictures the whole weekend?! You surprised me ;) Glad to hear you had a great weekend though :)

Rachel and John said...

It was too hot to do laundry or anything else last week! I also have a mountain I need to tackle.

Megan said...

Man when I get home I need a productive day of cleaning and laundry!!!

And that little guy is so darn cute!!!


PS I am still trying to figure out how to link my email!

Jessica said...

What an adorable cake!

Whit said...

Happy Birthday Dal!! haha.. he is a busy little man and that cake is amazing!! I can't wait for a float on the lake and coffee on the front porch!! I can definitely see why it's on the top 10!! (beautiful shot)

Janna Renee said...

He definitely looks like Trouble-with-w-capital-T. The one of him in the pot is PRICELESS. I hope this weekend is just as good!