A little German..

/
19 Comments
Well I didn't want this weekend to end...but it did. Hate when that happens.
Friday Justin had the day off so he headed out to Bragg Creek for a ride...

Mom and Dad got a fun new toy for at the lake...a paddle board.
So by the end of summer I plan to look like Marisa. ha.

Jeff trying it out...
 Cruz took a turn...
 Justin...
 Myself...
 It was super fun. I went out on it again yesterday and it was much windier than I thought! I zoomed in one direction and then had to work my butt off to get home!!

Jeff had a big dinner planned for us Saturday night.
Theme: Germany!
To show us everything he'd been eating while he was away.
This is us making the Kartoffelklosse (potato dumplings). [I just helped roll]

His hands were so stuck with batter and mine were super clean!
We should have known that Jeff would have come in costume! 
Decked out in his lederhosen!!!
 Erdinger German beer!
So awesome!!!
 He even had a play list playing of all German music!!
And had incredible gifts he brought home for all of us.


Jeff made an amazing spread! 
Wiener Schnitzel (which is not sausage! It is like a breaded pork) with sauerkraut, Rosenkohl im Bier (fresh brussel sprouts in beer), Kartoffelklosse (potato dumplings), an incredible Kartoffelsuppe (German Potato, bacon, veggie soup)! It was all so yummy!!
{I just googled the names so they may not be 100% correct...}

I learned how to pour beer (or how not to)...you can see all the foam and the beer all over the counter. oups. Jeff made it look so easy!
The pups missed the party as they were so sleepy from a busy day!

It's always hard to leave the lake! Even harder when we leave Cruz out there - but we know she will have a great week with my parents and will be an awfully tired girl when she gets home. Thanks Mom & Dad.
Happy Monday everyone, hope your weekend was fantastic.

Related Posts

19 comments:

Pamela said...

Sounds like a great, fun weekend!!

Hannah @ The New Black said...

Oh my gosh...your brother is hilarious!!

Ashley said...

Awww that does sound like an awesome weekend!! Jeff did such a good job planning the party! The schnitzel sounds similar to how M and I make it!! I love his costume!!

Leigh said...

Haha your brother is awesome! I love that he came decked out in full costume too.

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I was just saying the other day how I want to paddle board this summer, it looks like so much fun!

Gabriella said...

Oh my goodness your brother is too funny! That was so awesome of him to cook for you all. The paddle board looks fun, but I would probably spend more time in the water then actually on it...haha!

Logan said...

A paddle board! Is that the new truck?? Lol I just had to say it!!

Good job Jeff, I'm going to be question my German half of my family!! I want yummy food!!!

Oh Cruz , you are one lucky puppy!!

krink said...

Wow Great spred Jeff! Oma would be highly impressed!!!
I will have to ask Troy about the Beer. Not sure I've tried that one yet.
Great weekend!

Tabitha Mahoney said...

Oh my gosh I love the dog on the paddle board. And the German outfit, what a fun idea to have theme night. I might have to try that with M.

Tab

Katie said...

I want a paddle board - especially when I saw your dog on it. (and the motivation to look like marisa too!) and I love jeff's outfit - too funny!

Leslie said...

That sounds like a great weekend.. I love his outfit ;) One of my favorite meals is Wiener Schnitzel, my grandpa was stationed in Germany for a while when he was in the army.. so we have German food nights a lot. So fun.

Chrissi said...

hi friend :) oh my how cute is that pup on the paddle board! ps, you totally already look like marissa...duh! XO

Holly said...

Lady, you're cuter than Marisa! And Cruz on the paddle board? Be still my heart. :)

Whit said...

These pictures and this weekend looks/sounds like SO much fun!! Way to go JEFF!! He is one dynamic guy!! Your pics really are incredible AJ!! xox

Nikki said...

Paddle boarding is something I have always wanted to do! Is it hard? I would be afraid that I would totally fall on my ass! Ha!

Just for the record you and your brother are so darn cute!

Jennifer Delle Fave said...

It's so great to see pictures of you and your brother!! I know how much you missed him. He seems like such a riot! I love the German outfit. Your family seems like so much fun; wish I could come visit hahah! I cannot believe you got Cruz on the paddle board, seriously? She could be a movie dog or something...so well behaved! Is it hard to stand on?? Great weekend, so happy for you.

Shalyn said...

I have been wanting to paddleboard so badly- I bet its a great workout!

Im giving away a bubble necklace on my blog if your interested:-)

Kae said...

Those potato dumplings look amazing! Yummy!
And that outfit bahahaha! I bet you were cracking up! Sounds like a great weekend!
xxoo

Janna Bogert said...

I LOVE German food and his costume. Haha. I also want to try paddleboarding...It's gotten so popular!