1096

/
27 Comments

1096.
That's how many days we have been married. :)
(and they say I am bad at math...I even added the leap year. Smartie pants right here.)
OK moving on. :)

Three years ago today I woke up at my parents house and put on the prettiest dress I will ever wear. My Dad was more nervous than I was as he drove my girls and I to the church. I peeked as my brother danced his butt down the aisle as only he would. The same aisle my parents soon walked me down to marry my very best friend...

the guy I used to call Justin Timberlake (behind his back).
the guy I fell for while playing video games.
the guy who took me on a date to Balzac (we may have missed a turn).
the guy who I bought my very first (and second!) home with.
the guy who completely surprised me with the perfect proposal (and ring!) in Cuba.
the guy who took me to a Tim McGraw concert the first summer we dated, before he even liked country music.
the guy who pretty much let me have free reign of wedding planning.
the guy who trusts me enough to be his hair dresser.
the guy who I have the most fun with.

the guy who sings Vanilla Ice with me whenever we pause a movie or show...
{Pause, collaborate and listen
ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Then I flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop? Yo - I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle}
the guy who can always make me smile.

the guy who agreed to a dog before really being a dog person just to make me happy.
the guy who loves me and his 4 legged daughter more than anything in this world.
the guy who tried to kill me on our first anniversary bike ride (I kid, sorta).
the guy who built me a bike for Christmas the year we weren't giving each other gifts and decked it out with pink accessories.
the guy who poses for photos with me constantly because he knows he married a photo obsessed crazy person.
the guy who puts up with both front closets being full of my shoes.
the guy who I can always count on to be my shoulder to cry and pour me a glass of wine when I need it most.
the guy who I cannot picture life without.
the guy who will be the best Dad to our children.
the guy who I can't wait to grow old with.

I love you Justin a lot lot. And forever ever.

Related Posts

27 comments:

Justin said...

Aww Thanks babe!
It's been fun! Looking forward to more!

Love ya!
J

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Aww, such a great post! Happy Anniversary!

Logan said...

Happy anniversary!!! Xoxoxo love all the pictures!!!

Nikki said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Debby said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! From your NY friends.

Sarah said...

This was SO cute!!! Happy Anniversary to you two! xo

Rachel and John said...

Happy Anniversary Alison!

Leigh said...

Happy anniversary Alison and Justin! Hope Justin spoils you today :)

Leslie said...

Awwwwwwww what a fantastic post. Happy Anniversary!

Holly said...

Happy Anniversary, Alison! I loved that your brother danced down the aisle... and your dress was gorgeous!

Ashley said...

You two are just tooo stinkin cute!! Can't wait to celebrate with you guys ;0)

Love all the pics! I hope you have a great day today with each other!! Happy Anniversary and many many more!

Rebekah said...

Happy Anniversary!! This is just too sweet!

Erin said...

Congratulations! I hope y'all have many more happy years together!

Megan said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are so cute!! And I love all the pictures!!! Hope you both have an amazing day!!! And cheers to many more!!

Whit said...

Happy Anniversary you two. What an awesome post and a trip through a really incredible relationship.
Some people are just meant for each other and that's the two of you. Love you both. xox

Virginia said...

Happy Anniversary! This is such and cute post and I love all of the pictures!!

Hannah said...

Awww... this is too sweet! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! Love all the pics :)

Kae said...

Happy Anniversary Alison and Justin! Much love to both of you! xxoo

Jennifer Delle Fave said...

Love love love. You two are so great!!! Hope the rest of your years are as wonderful and even better than the last!!! Happy Anniversary!! :)

Mom and Dad said...

Happy 3rd Anniversary!! Love you both :)))

Gabriella said...

This is so adorable! Happy Anniversary!

Tami said...

Such a beautiful and touching post! You guys are the cutest. Happy Anniversary!

krink said...

Happy Anniversary! Love you both to pieces!!! You are an amazing example of wedded bliss!
Xoxo

Seriously said...

Oh...so beautiful Alison!!! Congratulations to you guys!!! You are so in love...I just love it.

xox

Allison said...

Happy happy anniversary! Our anniversaries are a day apart...so fun! Cheers to three years and many, many more!

Janna Renee said...

Happy Anniversary to one of my favorite couples in the world!! That's a really great honor for me to bestow considering we haven't met in real life, but I am proud to share you as an example of true love. I hope you guys have a FABULOUS weekend, beautiful!

Al said...

I know I am a little late, but Happy Anniversary to my favorite Calgary couple :) I loved this post, sweetheart, and the love you two share just radiates off this screen. Lucky, lucky lady - and very lucky Justin ;)
Love to you!!!
xoxo