::Weekend Rewind::

/
13 Comments

I was not ready for this past weekend to be over. What else is new?
But we have lots of fun things happening this week so I guess it's ok!
#1 exciting for this week... BROTHER!!!
Tonight - (far past my bed time! Good thing I love you!) we get to go pick him up from the airport!!
***
On to my Weekend Rewind.
Friday night we went to Leigh & Mr. D's for dinner. They made a delicious dinner, the dogs played until they could not play anymore, we planned our BC road trip and even had some "better than crack brownies" I made. 
Great night as usual.

Saturday morning we woke up to snow. Boo. Snow is not ok in May.
(Top:8:30am, Bottom:noon Right:Sunday morning! Oh Calgary weather...)

Saturday since it was ugly out we had a lazy day. I read. Justin napped and watched TV. We ventured out only for a Starbucks run and to walk the dog! Until 6 when I had to go to a wedding shower and Justin went and hung out with Blake.
(top - L to R, bottom L to R)
I park as far away as possible because 1. I am not so good at parking the beast yet and 2. I will not have the first ding happen on my watch, Reading while Cruz snoozes, my new necklace I wore to Julia's shower, Jeff and Jolie enjoying the sun (jealous).
Sunday we had no plans. 
We walked Cruz and enjoyed the (now) sunny morning!

Justin then decided to tackle a tricky job while I cleaned the house.
We realized (when the vacu-flo upstairs couldn't reach all rooms) that whoever built our house dry-walled over a vacu-flo outlet - not smart. 
Justin had an idea as to where to 'may' be...
First try and he found it! Superstar!!!

We were so excited!
While he was at Rona he saw that a bunch of the bathroom towel and toilet paper racks were 70% off so he came and got me and we went back to get some for our bathroom and the spare bath that we wanted to upgrade.
Such great deals! We got all 4 for under $50 total. We were pumped!!
Then Mrs. Handy herself installed them. :) 
Then the backyard and sunshine was calling our name! So we grabbed our cocktails and headed to the backyard where I read while J and C played Lacrosse.
It was perfection!!
What was even more perfection was when J decided we should head to the watering hole for dinner and I didn't have to make dinner! So we headed out for dinner and then immediately right out to the back yard again! We loved the sun.
Then we watched "This Means War" with Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine & Tom Hardy. It was cute, not amazing but a good Sunday night movie.

AND this weekend my Grampa and Chris did something a little exciting...
They went Sky diving!!
AMAZING!! It was on my Grampa's bucket list so Chris surprised him with it while my Mom and Dad were there to watch!! 


And that's a wrap! :) 
Happy Monday.

Related Posts

13 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad you got the sun! When are you going to BC? Love the towel bars. I also love all the pictures of Cruz and you guys too... ;)

Glad you had a great weekend!!!

Café Moka said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Wow, your grandpa really did skydiving?!?! Amazing!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Awe love your weekend Recap! It's funny bc venturing out to Starbucks is something I would do too on a lazy day. Gotta have my coffee!

Leigh said...

LOVE the necklace! Where did you get it from? That's awesome that your grandpa went skydiving. It's on my bucket list :)

Kae said...

That sounds like a great weekend! love the necklace... and YAY YAY YAY for seeing brother tonight! :) xxoo

krink said...

HOLY Jammed packed weekend!!! Very productive though!
Xo

Katie said...

that weather is crazy!! I LOVE your new necklace!

Al said...

Your grandpa went SKYDIVING??? WHAAAAAAT??
That's it. I'm adopting him for my own. I have no grandpas left, and I totally could dig one that goes SKYDIVING. Unreal. Let him know he has an adopted grand-daughter in Syracuse, NY, please. :)

Your weekends always make me smile. Such a happy family - love you all.

xoxo

Kristin said...

that is so awesome about your grandpa!!!!

Rebekah said...

What a fun weekend! I love easy going weekends like that. Sky diving?? So fun!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

We have similar pictures of our backyard from this weekend. Crazy!!

Yay Justin! I would have been so nervous for all the wall hole punching but looks like there was nothing to be nervous about!

Sweet deal on the bathroom hardware! When we moved into our house there was no towel rack in the ensuite (WTF!) so we had to get it specially ordered- $100!! For 1 stupid towel rack!

So impressed that your Grampa sky dived! You will never catch me doing that!

Whit said...

LOVE the new necklace!!!! AND I've already said this, but HOLY SMOKERS your Grandpa and Chris are AWeSOME!!

Janna Bogert said...

That's AWESOME! My Grandparents would NEVER do that. Haha. We had snow flurries here, but no where near that...Crazy weather these days.