A Carrie Inspired Workout & Winner

/
16 Comments
 A couple months ago I dog eared a page in my SELF magazine about a workout Carrie Underwood does and explained.

I also saw that CarolineAshley did it so as I was walking Cruz yesterday afternoon and dreading going into the cold basement to workout when it was gorgeous out, this workout came to mind. 
Plus who doesn't like the idea of having this girls legs!

Her idea is:
1. You take a deck of cards and assign each suit to a particular body part.
2. Split the deck in half and write down exercises for each suit, a different one for each (for example 8 of clubs, 8 squats).

I change it up a little and did this:
(So for example when I flipped a 6 I did 6 burpees, didn't mater the suit.)

Ace - 1 minute plank
2 - Dive bomber push-ups
3 - Reptile push-ups
4 - Kettlebell Sumo Dead Lift High Pulls
5 - Full Kettlebell Swings with jump
6 - Burpees
7 - Full Push-ups
8 -  Squats with Kettlebell
9 - Bicycle ab crunches
10 - Side to side planks with dip
Jack (11) - Mountain climbers both sides (so 22)
Queen (12) - Love bend with Kettlebell both sides (so 24)
King (13) - Ab toe touches
I went through the whole deck.
It was fun, I was in the sun, Cruz was happy and I was sweaty. I almost wanted to join Cruz in her pool. :)

Speaking of Carrie Underwood - At 10am on Friday morning my co-worked ran into my office telling me that Carrie's Blown Away tour tickets just went on sale. So I quickly logged in to Ticketmaster not thinking I would get any and sure enough we scored some pretty great seats. Plus I have to say they weren't as expensive as I thought they'd be.
I am super excited! I love Carrie's music, Justin loves to look at her = 2 happy people. :) ha
Now we just need to wait until October!

Ok and the winner of the Sofa City Sweethearts Pet Tag giveaway is:



Congrats Rachel!!! :) Rudy is gonna be pumped!
I'll will pass on your email to Carrie.

{PS.I'm not a rafflecopter fan. I'm done with it.}

Related Posts

16 comments:

Pamela said...

ahh she is coming to Charlotte in November & I reeeally want to see her!

Jessica said...

I love this idea!!!

Ashley said...

Yay for Carrie Underwood!!! I love her too!!!

Caroline said...

Love that workout! And she's coming here in December. I'm dying to go!

Leigh said...

That looks like a great workout! I still really need to buy a kettle bell. Congratulations to Rachel for winning!

Rachel and John said...

YAY! I'm so so very excited!!
I wish I had carrie's legs!!

Katie said...

i've done this before! i love it! it goes pretty fast and feels like a great workout!

Kae said...

yay! love the idea of this workout! I am going to try it! Super jealous! That will be so much fun!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I saw this in the magazine too :) Maybe I'll have to give it a try!

Sarah said...

I've seen that workout done with the cards and I kinda wanna try it now knowing you liked it too. Thanks for sharing :)

Mom said...

Very cool idea for a workout...let's do it at the lake this weekend.

Dad and I are currently doing the "beach" workout...hahaha. and biking too!!

Janna Bogert said...

I found a Groupon for 3 Jillian Michael's videos and I thought of you ;) I ended up buying them, but not sure that I will actually use them...We shall see!

Jenna@The Life of the Wife said...

Such a good idea! I want to go see her in concert when she comes here! If nothing else but just to see her amazing legs. I mean really?!

Tami said...

I also marked that page in the magazine but I've yet to try it. After seeing that you had success with it I'm definitely going to try it out. I need to mix things up a little bit! Yay for getting tickets- she will be so much fun to see in concert!

Hannah @ The New Black said...

I saved her workout too, but haven't done it...yet.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I am so envious of Carrie's legs! Must work harder to get them! No more excuses- I should just use A as my weight as she's getting heavier by the day.
That's a great way to put together a workout!