Birthday girls...

/
26 Comments
3 years ago on May 29th something very special happened. 
This sweet girl was born.
My family has always grown up with dogs and to be more precise: labs.
So when Justin met me and his family had never had a dog, he quickly realized life with me meant life with a dog (and most likely a lab.)
Before our wedding {June 2009} I started scouring the internet for breeders in our area that were having litters that would be ready to go home around the time we got home from our honeymoon.
 We knew we wanted a female lab, I wanted a chocolate (only because our previous family dog was yellow and current one was black) and Justin wanted a yellow - so we decided we would just see what we could find. I somehow ended up finding a wonderful lady on kijiji named Bonnie who had just had a litter and the timing would be perfect.
Long story short: I hounded this lady with an excess amount of messages, found out she had 1 female left, I begged her to save her for us, she did. We went to meet Cruz a few days after our wedding, fell in love and picked her up the day after we got home from our honeymoon.
 The rest is history and life would not be the same without her.
Truly.

Happy Birthday Cruz!
We love you to the moon and back Cruzie girl and you are one very lucky girl. 
We say this often. 
But one thing is for certain - I think we may be luckier.
She had a swim in her pool at 6:15am, then a walk in the ravine with another swim. 
Life is good before 7:00am!! 
Tonight I told her we'd go for the same run we did yesterday so she can swim in the lake again or maybe find the other lake Justin told us about...
We have a couple toys for her to destroy and we promised her ice cream. :)

And Avah...how the heck are you 4?
When did this happen? Either way Auntie Alison, Uncle Justin and Cruz  love you so much.
Even when you pout like this. :) 
This is so you and we love every inch of that pout! 
We can't wait to see your cute face this summer (please bring your siblings and Mom)!
Hugs & Kisses to you special birthday girls!!

Related Posts

26 comments:

Emily @ Raines and Shines said...

aww happy birthday to your girls!

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Cruz and Avah!

Dad / Uncle Justin said...

Happy Birthday Cruzie Girl!

You too Avah!

Logan said...

Happy birthday Cruz!!

The pout picture of Avah, reminded me on Saturday when I brought her her cake she wouldn't look up and smile because she had a snotty nose! And so she pouted!!!! I'll email pictures!

We had cake Saturday and ice cream tonight!!!!

Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRUZ! We have a little lovey on his way to us on Sunday! I can't believe we're finally getting a little guy of our own!

Jennifer Delle Fave said...

Awww happy birthday to your little girl!! Such a cute story!!! What a fun birthday for her!

Courtney B said...

Cruz is adorable! And you guys are the BEST parents to her :)
Avah is cute as ever!!

Jessica said...

Happy birthday to both sweet girls!!!

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday to the sweet girls!! Cruz is so cute!

love jenny xoxo said...

aww Cruz is so cute!! Aren't dogs the best!?!

XOXO

http://lovejennyxoxo.blogspot.com/

Leigh said...

Happy birthday Cruz! Hope your parent's spoil you!

Rachel and John said...

Awww what a sweet story about Cruz! She is one lucky lady! Happy Birthday!!

Jenny Hill said...

Happy Birthday Cruz!
Looking forward to your next blog post.

Whit said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRUZIE!!!! We love you to bits too. Have an awesome day - I know you will with amazing parents like that ;) xox
AND Happy Birthday to Avah too!! She's one serious cutie!!

Kae said...

Happy Birthday Cruz girl! how sweet you are :) loves and Milli says happy happy birthday!
xxoo

Sarah said...

Aww so cute!! Happy Birthday Cruz!! :)

Gramma and Grandpa said...

Happy Birthday to our one and only "grand dog" Love you and wish you were here to go swimming in your lake....although today it is like the ocean so you may have not have liked it so much. See you in a few weeks. XOXO

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday to both of the sweet girls in your life ;)

My family has always had dogs too.. I grew up with a lab and they are just the sweetest dogs. I will always have a dog in my life!

Ashley said...

Awww Happy Birthday Cruz!!!! And Avah! Love all the pics!

Jessica @ Lovely Little Things said...

Lots of birthday love today :)
Cruz is adorable... I have such a soft spot for dogs!

xo

Kristin said...

OMG I just love lil tiny cruz! so cute. still love her now as a big girl :)

Ashley said...

awww love the story of Cruz!! Happy puppy birthday!!

And happy birthday to Avah - what a doll!!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

many happy birthday wishes to Cruz and Ava! gosh I love those pictures. Cruz as a pup ... ahhhh. I'm going to go pull up sherm's pup pictures now. but, I'm pretty sure Cruz has him beat. ;)

krink said...

Happy Birthday to my absolutely FAVORITE niece in the whole wide world! Your Auntie LOVES you sooooooooo much! And we may have a birthday present for you waiting for the next visit ;) Love you tons!
Auntie Crystal, Uncle Troy and your favorite cousin Emerson
Xoxo
P.S. Happy 4th Birthday Avah!!! Hope you had an awesome day girlie!!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

So cute...happy birthday to
Your girls!!

Meg {henninglove} said...

oh my gosh your puppy was so cute when she was first born!! the three years goes by fast for your dog isn't it? it really did for me and my loveable ball of fur and cuteness