Deck Dreams...

/
14 Comments

Justin has been designing our deck and this beautiful weather we have been having has made me really start to dream about it. Whatever he does though I know it will be great.

When we looked at houses we loved the ones that you could just step out the screen door to the deck.
Luckily this house is just like that (the screen door is just off the main floor living area/kitchen) and then you WILL step on to the deck. Perfect.


So let's take a look into my deck dreams shall we...


Justin has already talked about lights on the steps...

I like the coziness here, the twinkle lights and the privacy from the neighbors..


I mean every deck needs a chandelier right! duh.
Jillian Harris Design


We decided we wanted a little bar set up  so we could put our Jimmy Buffet Margarita maker, glasses, etc. This one is handy and small.
Pottery Barn


We have talked about having a lounge area and a table with chairs for eating...


I like this corner lounge nook...and umbrella...

Or we can make it with pallets!

I like this style too...

A typical table set...I think we'd want 6 though...


We saw some nest chairs like these when we were on a walk and I love them!
Perfect for a corner spot. Need to track one down.
Primitive & Proper


So...now we just need this weather to stick around and some extra muscle. Because even though mine are huge Justin does not always trust me with tools. 
Brother? Hired.


PS. Dad - 4 more days!! xo

Related Posts

14 comments:

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Love all those decks! Ours in nothing fancy but we just did rip off the ugly wood railings for new metal & glass ones - soo exited for that. The other day we went on a walk and Chad was saying how we wants to design the perfect deck when we build our next house, so we talked about all our wants - half covered, half not, multiple levels, off of Master bedroom, a fireplace (big maybe)... we are deck obsessed! Can't wait to see yours!

Ashley said...

Ohhh love all of those ideas too, especially those chairs and the light up stairs!! M and I need a new patio set too, I'm thinking big enough for 6. Can't wait to see what you end up doing!!!

Rachel and John said...

Fancy!
We have a deck but it's half finished. It needs a railing for sure. But it has plumbing for an outdoor sink and gas for a gas bbq. So we want to eventually do all those things and buy an actually nice patio set!

Sarah said...

I love each of those decks! You can't go wrong with any of them :) I do love the idea of lit steps though. So fun!!

Leigh said...

You know that Brian has already volunteered his muscles for the project! :) Love all of your ideas.....I wish money really grew on trees!

Jessica said...

I really like the pallet idea!

Jennifer Delle Fave said...

WOW! I never saw the pallet idea when I was doing research!! That is awesome! Our deck is up, we just need to paint the railing...but the weather is miserable!! :( I cannot wait to get out there and use it. I cannot believe how expensive real deck furniture is. In.sane. Love the bar idea too, do you have an actual margarita maker? I think you may have posted about it. LOVE :)

Leslie said...

those decks all make me swoon!!!

Bride-onicles said...

Such great inspiration! I also love the lights in the steps, makes it look very classy :) And those nest chairs, I would curl up and read a book and hide for days :)

Al said...

Ok, I approve. The deck will go well when we have our bottle (s) of wine and guacamole.

Ready Justin?? Go!!

Love you, gorgeous. xoxo

Laura Darling said...

Oooh I would love to have a fancy deck someday!

Nikki said...

I LOVE decks! My mom has a deck and I spend as much time as I can on it in the summer! When yours is done when is the party?!!? LOL!

Janna Bogert said...

So party at your house, right??!! I bet it's going to come out awesome!!

Michelle said...

I just saw that bar set up tonight, thumbing through my Pottery Barn Summer edition. So cute! Love the deck ideas!