Mayan Riviera

/
21 Comments
 ***Reader warning. This post is going to have  A LOT of pictures. Beware.***
I will try and let the photos do most of the talking...

This picture was taken minutes after we finally made it to the resort.
(Our resort was incredible. Grand Palladium Riviera Resort and Spa)
Mojitos and cervesas arrived just seconds after arrival!
After a quick change into beach clothes we were ready for dinner and then to watch the show. Justin was recruited to join the show! He was THRILLED!
It was a scavenger hunt type game, 10 people were on stage to start and they had to run and get items, (black sock, waitress, something with the resort logo, a belt, $1...) last one back was eliminated. Well Justin made it to the final 2 and the last item was the BIGGEST bra. Well he was the first one back on stage with a 36DD. 
The guy who won got a 38F!!! Heckers. 
And yes both of those women took their bras off (shirts stayed on!) and gave them to Justin and the other player to take back on stage! The winner and both women got bottles of Tequila. It was hilarious.

In the mornings we did Yoga, Zumba by the pool and Aquasize.
We also used the nice gym they had and Mom and Dad ran around the resort.
Gran did 7:30am walks, we joined a few times too.
James "punked" Dad with this shirt. :)
He loved it. Justin's turn was to come...
We loved the swin up bar!
Bahama Mamas, Miami Vice, Mojitos, Cuba Libres, Pina Coladas, Rum Punch, Margaritas...just to name a few favorites. :)
My Ab-alicious Mom and Gran.
Our buddy Iggy. He lived by the entrance to our rooms. We talked to him daily. He misses us.
Ice cream was eaten daily. I kid you not.
They had soft ice cream machines at the buffet and both beach bars and hard ice cream at the swim up bar.
Heaven. And also the reason I gained pounds. Plural.
We took a trip into Playa Del Carmen.
Walked the long market street and cervesas were needed so the guys could complete the shopping trip! 
We saw Lauren from Peak Season bartending at this bar above.
Justin and I both recognized her but we couldn't figure it out so we asked our server and she knew immediately why we recognized her.
 Then we made our way to Senor Frogs!
Pretty sure we have a similar photo to this from our honeymoon!!
Balloon hats for all!
We did some snorkeling and saw thousands of tropical fish of all colors.
Mom and Dad got lucky and saw a sea turtle and a large sting ray before we arrived.
The sun team - Mom missing from her spot.
The shade crew.
We had a blast with Katie and Julianna jumping over waves, building sand castles and covering each other in sand.
I am proud to say I finished Mockingjay and also read Still Alice (thanks for the recommendation Leigh). It was a great read. And I love my Kobo.
One night we did a Stag and Stagette.
Shots were had!
Bride to be
Andrew and Rachel
Justin's turn! Justin was napping when James attacked him with the Big Dummy shirt!
I can hear James laughing now!!
Before dinner one night we took a boat cruise around the resort.
We went into Tulum for part of day and hiked the Mayan Ruins.
They were amazing and very different from the Mayan Ruins we saw in Coba on our honeymoon.
It was HOT. Thank goodness for the breeze.
The colors of the water were incredible.
Our last day we had some crazy waves out on the point by the salt water pool.
The pictures do not do them justice.
Our last beach day. :( 
Our last night...
Katie, myself and Julianna.
Katie took it uopn herself to do my hair for dinner. It was pretty fantastic.

I would go back in a second. 
It was so nice to hangout with Justin, Mom, Dad and Gran for a whole week. 
With no plans, just the pool, beach and sun. And a few drinks, some wonderful meals, lots of laughs and ice cream.
We had so many fun times with Rachel, James, Andrew, Marliss and the 3 kids too which was perfect.
Just Perfect.


PS. If you made it to the bottom of this post Congrats. That was a long one. You deserve an ice cream. :)

Related Posts

21 comments:

Just the Two of US said...

give me an icecreme then! ha! first of all, the pics are amazing, i'm so jealous, and second your moms abs make me wanna work out! jealous of that too!

Page Twenty-Two said...

Okay - tell your mom to stop it with those abs!! She's making us all look bad! WOW! Love these pics. I can smell the coconut and feel the sun just by looking at them!! I'm jealous of your tan!!

Ashley said...

Oh I LOVE LOVE your pics!!! You guys are all just soo damn cute!!! You and Justin still get a cute couple award, but so do your mom and dad and aunt and uncle!! Looks like a fabulous trip!!!

Leigh said...

Looks like you guys had an AMAZING trip! Wanna go back and I'll go with you?! Your mom is crazy ripped! Damn! Can I have her body after two kids?!

Glad you liked Still Alice...such a good book :)

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I have that same blue swim suit from victorias secret ;) The water looks just gorgeous - so glad you had a great time!! Beautiful pictures!

Logan said...

Beer!! You had beer? Yay love all the pictures, I want sun and ice cream!!! And beer!!!!

Hannah @ The New Black said...

That looks like an amazing trip! Your Ma is crazy ripped...like insane. Out of all the ruins we've visited Tulum was our favorite. It was so much bigger that I'd expected. Your sunny pics have me counting down to our trip next month!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Fun! And yes your mom are amazing holy cow it's in your genes girl! What resort did you stay at? I didn't see that listed did I?

Joeylee said...

awesome pictures and OMG your moms abs are amazing! makes me want to get up and work out more!

Natalie said...

Your mom looks amazing! I am jealous of her abs! I also have that last VS bikini, I need to get my butt in gear or I'll never wear ti again.

Newlymeds said...

I LOVE pictures!! Looks like a great trip!

Whit said...

Looks incredible. Glad you guys had fun!!!

Denise said...

Paradise!!

Ashley said...

first of all, you are some seriously fit, beautiful people!! and secondly, this is NOT helping my vacation fever at all! ;)

Megan said...

That place looks SO gorgeous! And your mom's abs...WOW!!

krink said...

Wow... that looked like an action packed vacation! Full of tanning, drinking, laughing and lots of fun!
I will look for Lauren in T-minus 8 days!!! Whoot whoot!

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

Two words ... Your mom!!! Holy freakin abs!! What is her secret??? I must know it ASAP ha. Looks like an amazing time friend.

Erin said...

What a FUN trip!! I'm going with some friends to this same place (bur a different resort) in May and I'm SO excited! I'm glad to see how beautiful and fun it looks--thanks for sharing!

Janna Renee said...

What a fabuloso vacay! Um..and your mom? Hello! I can see where you get your looks from ;) I must say I quite enjoyed living vicariously through this post- quite refreshing!

Kae* said...

Sorry I have been m.i.a. I have lots of news for you. But anyways..first off I love ALL the photos! The one with your dad being "punked" made me laugh so hard...next...can you mother be my personal trainer!!! Dang girl! She is rocking! You look so great in all your photos! So jealous, but so glad you had so much fun!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh, this looks amazinggg! And you are so tan! Lucky!