Beachbody

/
14 Comments


It's no secret that I love Beachbody workouts. They are in constant rotation in my workouts. 
We have the 10 Minute Trainers, P90X, Insanity, Insanity Asylum, Turbo Fire, Brazil Butt Lift and Rockin' Body. I have completed the whole P90X program and the Insanity program start to finish.
So when I was contacted by a Beachbody Rep I was pretty excited to hear about what's new in the Beachbody world.

She shared these links with me to give me an idea of what to look forward to and I am happy to share them with you.

The website states:
"Beachbody's Ultimate Reset is the breakthrough, three-phase inner revitalization program designed to detoxify and restore your body to its original, maximum state of balance, purity, and health—gently and naturally."

I have to be honest, I have never followed the diets linked to P90X, Insanity or any other program for that matter nor taken the Shakeology drinks but this is 21 day cleanse so it sounds pretty do-able. Plus it's gentle and natural.

The website states:
"Body Beast™ is the first Beachbody® program dedicated to maximum muscle gains and fat loss. Created by champion bodybuilder, Sagi Kalev, it uses a combination of old- and new-school bodybuilding techniques to build muscle without using expensive gym equipment or harmful steroids."

This one sounds interesting and has potential. I just googled Sagi Kalev - holy muscles!

The website states:
"Tai Cheng is Beachbody's newest and perhaps most comprehensive fitness program. Based on the movements, concepts, and theories of traditional Yang style Tai-Chi. The Tai Cheng workout is based on classical Tai-Chi techniques, ancient Chi Kung practices, and modern corrective exercise patterns that both rehab and prehab the body, improving the body's metabolism, joint function, stress management, and athletic performance!"

This one sounds perfect for those who need a low impact fitness program. One that is relaxing and preventative.

I mentioned previously that I bought a groupon Rockn' Body with Shawn T.
I haven't done all the workouts yet but they are different. Very dance-y and this girl can.not. dance.period. So I spend a lot of time cracking myself up when I see how ridiculous I look in the mirror! I feel like most of it is a good workout for your core but I must say (in my opinion):
1. A good hard workout can not be done wearing sequins and metallic booty shorts like the girls in the video! 
2. I much prefer Shawn T in the Insanity videos. :) Much more manly.


The program I have my eye on right now by Beachbody is this one:

It sounds like it would be a lot like the Raise the Bar class Mom and I go to and I am dying to try it. So it's up there on my wish list! 


What is your favorite Beachbody workout?

(Disclaimer: I was unable to see video footage or try any of these new links so I obviously cannot give an actual hands on review. These are just my personal opinions based on what I have read. I was no compensated in any way to write this review. I just love Beachbody.)

Related Posts

14 comments:

Bethany said...

UGH! Tell that rep to send me an email!! LOL! I wanna danceee. :)

Ashley said...

I will have to try these! I've been trying to add some new things into my workout and with beach season juuuust around the corner, I totally wouldn't mind have a body like one of these guys! :)

Just the Two of US said...

I need to try this, I'm on the beach in less than 30 days... gotta get motivated!

Kae* said...

I like the p90x and have yet to try insanity and cant wait!

Holly said...

I have been wanting to try the Brazilian Butt Lift workout. I sit at my desk all day and I don't want a flat office butt. :)

Elizabeth said...

I have Insanity and I LOVE it! I wasn't that big a fan of P90X because you have to buy equipment. I also really like how Sean T talks to you all through the workout. It really keeps me motivated all the way through!

I am actually doing the Insanity cardio circuit routine when I get home tonight!

Page Twenty-Two said...

WOW! Good for you for trying all of those (and completing them!) My man is doing P90x 2 right now and the DVDs scare me! I only participate in Ab Ripper since its about 15 minutes:)

Nikki said...

Allison let me start off by saying that I am a certified Les Mills BodyCombat instructor and I have taken ALL of Les Mills classes from Pump, Attack, Step, CX, Flow ect. You being a avid fitness person will LOVE pump. I just received the newest release of Combat and it is intense so I can only imagine what the new pump and home pump releases are going to have in store for everyone. Good luck! Let me know how you like it if you try it.

Caroline said...

You're a rockstar. Some of those look too intense for me. I might die. I just do the 30 Minute Shred, Jillian's yoga and Bob Harper's yoga. I'm a wimp. But I am interested in CrossFit.

Jennifer Delle Fave said...

Love it! They contacted me too, but I don't own any of their products...and wasn't looking to buy. I'm such a tried and true JM fan, but I'll consider it. My sis swears by Insanity/asylum! You could actually model for them though hehe just sayin!

FamilyFoodFitnessandFun said...

You already know I own a few Beachbody products! I love Body Pump, it's fun and a great burn. I also love TurboFire for a great cardio workout.

Hilary Anna said...

wow, you inspire me! I've wanted to try both P90X and Insanity, but I haven't gotten around to it. My boyfriend's dad just got the beachbody workout for Christmas and he keeps joking around saying, "come summer time I will be in beachbody shape!" lol

krink said...

You will have to let me know how the new workouts go. I'm thinking I should try Insanity finally. Though I keep mixing it up all over with different workouts from Ripped, to Body Rock to Cardio Interval. So we shall see...

Leslie said...

We are two weeks into Insanity and LOVING it!!! And have to agree with you Shawn T IS pretty easy on the eyes! LOL