Our Love Story

/
21 Comments


Thank you to Becky from Mrs. to Mama for hosting this fun little V-day post.
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Almost 7 years. Right Just? I'm bad at math.



2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
We met through my friend Kristen. Justin and Kristen worked together and she decided to play match maker. I knew nothing of this little plan of theirs but just thought Justin was hanging out with us more often than he used to because him and his girlfriend had just broken up. Well her plan worked and it wasn't long before Justin and I had marathon phone conversations and could not get enough of each other. I will be forever grateful for Kristen's little plan. 

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We have been married since June 27, 2009.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?


We got married here in Calgary. We used a church as a venue solely based on the fact that they allowed us to bring my Grampa's wife Chris in to marry us. 
Our Reception was at the Italian Club. {And no neither of us are Italian.} It was a medium sized wedding I would say, around 140 people I think. But it was perfect.



5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Not really...he calls me AJ, Alison or babe. I call him babe, Justin, Mister or Just. Or Mom and Dad if we are talking through Cruz. Yes we are those people.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
Only 3? Impossible! :)
1. Can always make me laugh and would do anything for Cruz and I.
2. He is a hard worker and smart. He works very hard at work, pushes himself to know more than he needs to and has moved up within his company very quickly because of that. I am very proud of him. He also works hard on our house and day to day projects.
3. He loves Cruz and I more than anything in this world. He was not a dog person before I came into his life and now, he loves our 4 legged daughter unconditionally.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
Justin proposed in Cuba, on our hotel balcony.
[side note: He asked my parents permission before we left. Good man.]
The weather in Cuba was terrible so the majority of our trip was spent indoors (luckily we made great friends on this trip too!!)
So one night we came back to the room, I curled up in bed to read and Justin kept bugging me to go hangout on the balcony. I kept telling him it was too cold and finally I joined him. He proposed on one knee, I didn't believe him, was SHOCKED and totally thrilled.
It was perfect.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
Not really any of those.
When he does get flowers he is super thoughtful with them though like getting all the flowers from our wedding bouquet. :) And we drink chamapgne frequently since our wedding where we discovered Asti Champagne and it is delicious. 

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
If we had a beach near by, maybe we'd be the beach type but we are home bodies. 
We love a night at home, movie, couch and Cruz.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Expand our family.
We would like to travel to Greece and Italy...

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Nothing out of the ordinary. We don't really do Valentine's Day, it's really just another day in our books. We prefer to go out when it's less busy instead of because it's the 14th of February and celebrate US all year.
Plus a night at home is the perfect night for us. 

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nothing. Maybe to not have to make dinner!? :) 
I did get a wonderful card. I LOVE Justin's cards.
BUT we decided no more buying cards - $7-13 for a card? Heck no.
I made mine this year, more of a letter though.



13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Compromise and talk it out. Nothing gets solved if you just brush it under the rug.
Make time for each other. Have fun. Listen.
I guess that's not one piece...

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.
Love is family.



Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

Related Posts

21 comments:

Jessica said...

You guys are perfect for each other and make such a beautiful family!

Holly said...

I loved reading this! Your wedding pictures are gorgeous!!

Logan said...

Happy valentines day you two! Hugs, I will send pic's of my new gift that came I the mail yesterday! We love it! Thanks again!!

Leigh said...

You and Justin are definitely a cute couple :) I can't believe that he didn't like dogs before you met him...glad he changed his ways or else Harley wouldn't have his girlfriend ;)

Caroline said...

This is so sweet! :) Happy Valentine's to you, Justin and Cruz!

Britt @ The Magnolia Pair said...

Such cute photos! And happy valentine's day <3 !!

Elizabeth said...

Aww, this is cute! I love all the photos too! And you and me both asked for the same V-Day present- to not have to make dinner! Haha!

Happy V-day hun!

Ashley said...

Love all the pics - especially the last one!! 7 years isn't far behind 10 you know!! I hope you guys have a great day!!! I agree cards are soo expensive now a days!!

Natalie said...

So many awesome pictures!! :)
I know this was totally not at all the point of the post, but I love that you guys talk through your dog-we totally do that too haha!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Happy Valentine's! Greece and Italy seem to be very popular :)
I agree a low key night at home for tonight is 100x better than going out!

Kae* said...

Happy Love Day love!
Milli tells Cruz have vday too! :)

Gabriella said...

I love all the pictures! What a sweet love story! Happy Valentine's Day!

Amanda said...

Melts my heart reading your love story :) Happy Valentine's Day!

Callie Lynch said...

Aw such a sweet and special post! Your pictures are beautiful and your lab is adorable :)

Bennett Love

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Your photo collages are so awesome!!

krink said...

Love you guys!
Happy Valentine's Day you three!
Xoxo

Whir said...

Loved the photo collages!! Such an Awesome post - Happy VDay! Xox

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Ya'll are darling together -- HAPPY VDAY!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I love that you guys were set up!! Great love story!! You guys have so many great photos together! That's one thing that we lack.

Bunnie said...

I love this post :)

http://www.angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

your newest follower...follow me back? XOXO

College Dating said...

This post is very touching! I never knew love would be this powerful and happy. :') I was really inspired after reading this post. Stay in love both of you.