That belongs in salad dressing.

/
16 Comments
Well I have always had 'trouble skin'. Never terrible but never great.
The only time it was actually good was around our wedding, so I am thankful for that.
But lately, well for over a year now it has been terrible.
I had used St. Ives Apricot Scrub

for as long as I can remember and it had been very good for me. I loved it and the cost.
But when my face decided to become 'outta control' I turned to my Dr.
He told me no one looks at my face because I have pretty eyes...I told him that wasn't going to cut it!
He gave me a prescription for a face wash that I have been using for about 8 or 9 months now, it has been ok. Some times ok, sometimes bad. Never good. AND it bleaches my towels and pillow cases. No Bueno.
And I don't love that it burns my eyes and hurts my nostrils. Wierd, I know.

 So I have been willing to try anything lately to help the situation and when I read about Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne.


 I thought hey why not give it a go, costs what? 5 bucks, can't hurt to try. Well... I tried it on Sunday night. Once. 
And I reeked. So bad that Justin forced me to get out of bed and wash my face.
And then I still stunk, so I had to get up and wash it AGAIN. Terrible.
So. We decided that Apple Cider Vinegar is just meant for salad dressing. :)
{Justin is in Winnipeg all week for business but last night when we skyped me asked me if I still smelled like salad dressing! ha} 

Well yesterday I was SO excited when I went to the mailbox and found a big box from BETHANY from Skinny is a mindset.
Bethany and I chatted about our faces fighting us a couple weeks ago and she said she would send me what she has been using lately and that has been working for her.
Well, she hooked me up.
Seriously I was blown away and could not wait to wash my face!
She sent Salicylic Cleanser, Glycolic/Salicylic Astringent, Acne Spot Treatment and Bath salts. And this is NOT cheap stuff so it must work!



I used it for the first time last night and I loved it so far.
{Justin - hardly smelled like anything - promise!}


Bethany - thank you THANK YOU thank you. I cannot thank you enough, it was ridiculously sweet of you to send all of this and I owe you big time if this works!
Ps. Lily is also going to love you for sending all of this bubble wrap! :)


Anyone have any special beauty tricks for the face?
I've tried honey, tooth paste...salad dressing...
:)

Related Posts

16 comments:

Ashley said...

Let me know how it goes! I am in massive need of something...

Bethany said...

Bahaha! You are too sweet! && I would do anything to help my friends!! (: I flippin' love bubble wrap!! I really can't wait to see what this next week brings. <3

Café Moka said...

A couple years ago, I used the Murad products for acne and it worked well! It's available at Sephora and online.

Hannah said...

Isn't it crazy the things we do for beauty?!?! haha :) I've tried a few products from Lush and they worked pretty well. I invested in a Clarisonic about a year ago and I swear by the thing! My face has never been smoother or clearer. I get a few little breakouts every now and then but nothing like I used to! It's definitely an investment but it is totally worth it! I also use a homemade face scrub/mask once a week. I mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of water, spread evenly on my face and neck, let it sit for 5 minutes, and then just rinse it off. Enjoy your new goodies and hopefully you find something that works for you! That's the hardest part. It's interesting how different everyone's skin is so what works for someone else may or may not work for us. Good luck!

Logan said...

Maybe try tea tree and leave on the bads spots over night! It help with my skin problem but then my skin decided it didn't like it anymore! A friend of my uses Proactive and has for several years, though it will bleach the towel! :( I am currently using the aloe line from the body shop and it is nice and is working so far, hopefully my skin doesn't decided it doesn't like it anymore! I have super sensitive skin!

Smelling like salad dressing could be worse! :)

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

My skin has never been the best either - it is not oily but dry and I do get breakouts. So when its dry I moisturize and then it breaks out - a viscous cycle really. I started using Proactiv about 6 years ago and love it, but I have to be careful. I cannot use it 2x a day (makes skin too dry), and in the winter months have to only use the cream every 2-3 days at night. I use Aveeno in the mornings or after a workout - the Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser and then their Daily Moisturizer for when it is dry out. Seems complicated but it isn't too bad.

Caroline said...

I hope it works. Finding good products are so hard. It's all about the trial and error.

Jennifer Delle Fave said...

My face is so picky about makeup & lotion etc. I have found Oil of Olay sensitive skin actually works, (whereas Clinique made me break out!) I also only use one kind of makeup...Bare Minerals. A tad pricey, but no pimples! I use GM Colins skincare

Jessica said...

I hope this face wash works for ya! I've been using the apricot scrub for YEARS. Swear by it.

Ashley said...

my skin is pretty picky...I shouldn't complain though. what I deal with now is 100% NOTHING compared to my high school break outs. I took Accu-tane for my acne in high school...yes it was THAT bad. I use Aveeno foaming face wash. I swear by it and drinking a lot of water. I can tell when I am drinking more cokes because I break out. Good luck! I hope it works for you!

Leigh said...

Haha, I can picture Justin kicking you out of bed to go wash your face again because of the smell. That was nice of her to send you the products...let me know if it works...I'd love to try it if it does! Do they only sell it in the states?

Brittany said...

I love St. Ives!

Kae* said...

I always had problems with my skin.
I tried toothpaste, proactiv (which made it 1000times worse)
Mine finally cleared up after being put on levora. It really helped a ton!
I also used the good old trick my grandma taught me of hot hot water to wash, and then before you dry your face use cold to close the pores.
To keep my face from breaking out I use Clearasil ultra rapid action daily face wash. I also use clinque lotion, and only mineral makeup. This has seemed to help a ton! I hope this helps!

krink said...

My face sucks too lately!!! The Arbonne stuff stopped working for me. Though I still love their night cream and eye cream. I'm starting new stuff too... Kiss My Face (all natural). I will let you know.
Xoxo
P.S. you do have pretty eyes!

*Butler, Party of 2* said...

Ohhhh goodness, my face is the WORST!! I never had a single breakout till my twenties. Adult acne? AWESOME. I have tried everything. It gets 100 times worse every time I go off birth control, so I've been debating on taking an antibiotic. I figure I've tried everything topical....

Let me know how this works for you. I use a glycolic wash called "Ageless" by a company called Image. And then a vitamin C lotion that is supposed to be a skin brightener. I use witch hazel as an astringent, and retin A (yikes) to spot treat.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

OMG that is hilarious!!

I hope the new stuff works for you! I am always so nervous to try expensive products.