Relax, sweat, repeat.

/
16 Comments
 Happy Monday.
We had a great weekend. Do I always say this? I love weekends.
Friday night we had a lazy night.
Justin's drink of choice.
We watched this:
It was a really good movie - but sad and I won't lie, I spent a while covering my eyes. I know it happens out in the wild but I just can't watch. :(

Saturday morning the FREEZING temperatures had lifted so we walked to Starbucks!

I unfortunately had seen an infomercial for the NEW Insanity called The Asylum and HAD to have it.
Well... I don't often swear on the blog but this is a time I may...
It was f'in hard. But we really liked it (we did the Speed and Agility workout), it was really different (and hard) but the 50 minutes went really fast and it was hard.
But it's also Shawn T and he is sorta dreamy even while covered in sweat - just being honest!
 My post-workout awesome hair.

Saturday night watched this:
It was good, we both liked it but didn't love it.

Then we went for a midnight walk (Cruz's THIRD walk of the day!). She was dead asleep until Justin said "Who is up for a midnight walk?" Cruz was up and panting before I could even register what he said!
So we made some delicious hot chocolate with a little Bailey's (me) or Kahlua (Justin) which ever you prefer...and then wandered the neighborhood - perfect.

Sunday Lily and I went to our new Science Centre while Justin watched football.

(My verdict on the new Science Centre: beautiful building, amazing exhibits, way over priced, I hate that you have to pay for parking, sorta missed some age groups on the exhibits, either too young or too adult oriented).
The best part of Lily's day was when I said we had time to come home and walk Cruz.

 I also HAD to have Jillian's new DVD also.
I did Level 2 when I got home and it was GREAT.
I can feel it in my legs and obliques today. And again, the 50 minutes went by really fast.

Oh yeah and Cruz thought she was allowed on the couch.
Um....NO.
This is not ok.
EVER.
Geesh.

That's it. Hope you all have a great Monday.

Related Posts

16 comments:

Jennifer Delle Fave said...

I seriously love reading weekend posts! A midnight walk!? You are such great dog-parents. I have never thought of doing that with spiked hot cocoa. You're so clever. Is Jillian's new one comparable to her 30 day shred? Have you done her butt/thigh one? I can only take her in small doses haha. You go girl! Have a fantastic week!

Caroline said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. We don't even go for walks when it's 40 degrees. We're wimps!

Natalie said...

girl, i need some of your work out motivation! :)

Ashley said...

So do you reccomend the jillian michaels - beginner one? does she have one?

Diamond always used to sneak up on the couch.. we ended up having to put laundry baskets on our new one when she was around.

Sounds like an awesome weekend!

Leigh said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! I watched Moneyball a few weeks ago, and wasn't a huge fan. It was kind of slow moving to me. Might have to see if I can find both of those workout videos!

Bethany said...

So sweet!! I want Cruz and she is allowed on the couch all she wants! :)))) But, she is not allowed to tear my -ish up! Hahahaa. Midnight walks in the freezing cold? No thank you!! You're a better wife then me!!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Love the midnight walk with Baileys :) We almost rented Moneyball Saturday but went with The Change Up instead.

Meg {henninglove} said...

oh yes my post workout hair looked like that yesterday when i tried hatha yoga for the first time, oh my gosh that was intense! i wish i could take a walk in the snow with my honey, looks like fun. but we only got rain in CA

Hannah @ The New Black said...

I'll have to check out that DVD...I've grown tired of The Shred one I've been doing for the last year.

My dog does the same thing! He knows he isn't supposed to be on the furniture and never is when we are home, but when we're gone it's a different story. I swear he jumps down of the couch the second he hears our key in the door. I've walked in and sat down on the couch and felt the warm spot he'd left too many times to count!

krink said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Can't wait to see you this week!!!
Xoxo

Britt @ The Magnolia Pair said...

Oh I am not going to be able to watch the Lion movie, I'll probably cry. And same about moneyball- my husband and I were like eh that was good. Haha, great to find your blog! I just followed you so I could keep reading :)

xo.Britt
The Magnolia Pair

:)

Jessica said...

I'm the same, that lion movie I probably wouldn't be able to watch!

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

I'm sure the Lion movie is very similar to "African Cats"; which was a documentary about...well... African Cats. It was sad and scary at times. Cruz looks SO cozy on the couch! LOL!

Alex from http://therolexrelease.blogspot.com

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

midnight walks?!? that sounds crazzzzy, but i am so intrigued. oh i bet cruz loved every second of it. cute cute cute!!

Kae* said...

Sounds like such a fabulous weekend!
I am so glad that the temps stopped being freezing and Cruz sounded like she was super spoiled hehe :)
Happy Monday Friend :)
xxoo

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

I haven't watched that movie but we were watching some nature type shows the other day and I was so bummed to see animals eating one another :(

Look at you and all your new workout DVDs. Making me envious over here!! We should get together sometime and do a workout (ok in a few months!) Love the awesome post-workout ponytail.

I love midnight walks!! J and I used to do them all the time and wear our headlamps. It is lots of fun!

I wish we could have trained our cat to not go on the couch-- it's always covered in hair now. Let's face it though- there is no way we could have trained him to stay off!