Randomness at it's best...

/
23 Comments
Well I am happy it's Thursday. You?
It seems to have been a long week so I will be glad to see Friday.


I did level 1 of this last night and it was good too. Didn't love it as much as L2 but still good.
I always start with L2 when I get a new DVD. random. 
It has some capoeira moves it in so that fun and ridiculous all at the same time.
Pretty sure Cruz was laughing at me.

I've been wanting to do this little project 


for a while now and finally found a magnetic strip. 
Well the sticky backing wasn't strong enough to hold with bobby-pins on it so as soon as I finished it fell into a huge mess. 
Fail. Nothing a little crazy glue can't fix though. Happy to say this it now in working order.
I may add another strip above to make it a little thicker and stronger.

I have made this Breakfast Cookie last night from the Fitnessista.

What I did -

Mix together the following:
1/3 cup Steel Cut oats
1 tbsp Almond butter
1/2 scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
1/8 cup skim milk
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp sunflower seeds
Then flatten it on a plate.
Sprinkle with cinnamon once on the plate.
Put it in the fridge overnight.
It will harden slightly.
Grab a spoon and devour.
It was delicious. But I prefer it with banana in it, has more flavor. I want to try pumpkin next. :)
(you can add whatever mix-ins you want!)

I also stopped at Home Depot this week. Yes Justin you read that correctly. 
I already filled Dad and Jeff in on this shocking news and everyone is handling it well. :)
I found a nice man (who worked there!) to help me find everything I needed on my list. 
He even cut the wood for me to the exact size I wanted! Helped me choose stain.
Explained to me how to use this fancy iron-on veneer edging for the 1 cut edge. 
Quick dollar store stop for a few little supplies and I am set!
[The Home Depot man ended up being really excited about my project and said he was going to make his own for his grand kids!]

Any guesses on what I am making?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

This!! :)


I've been wanting to make one ever since I saw it, I know exactly where it will go, couldn't stop thinking about it and decided just to do it! I do love a project!
Emerson and Easton will be big enough to get measured soon!
Well that is all.
Happy Thursday! :)

Related Posts

23 comments:

Jess - PrettyPhysicist said...

that is an AWESOME idea for a height chart. I think I need to make one once I have kids ...

Jessica said...

Such awesome projects!

Lindsey said...

Cute idea for the bobby pins! I have mine in a container store bin in my drawer and I love it!

Logan said...

Love the measuring chart! We have one too! Not as neat as yours, but it is so cool to measure the kids and adults and see how much they grow/shrink! Lol love it!!!

Logan said...

Love the Bobbie pin idea too!

Ashley said...

LOVE the measuring chart =)
I am getting into the 30 day shred tomorrow - I need short little work outs...I just don't have the time (without cutting down on sleep) to spend very long working out =/

Caroline said...

Love all of your craftiness! I was totally looking for a bobby pin this morning and they were no where to be found. I need this!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I agree is has been a long week, but its almost Friday!!

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

What a great project idea!! Can't wait to see the final product!

Amanda said...

1. I can't wait to try one of Jillian Michael's DVDs.
2. I want to try the bobby pin thing too. Where did you get the magnetic strip?
3. NEver seen the ruler thing before, but I love that!!!
4. Cannot wait for Friday to arrive!

Ashley said...

Love the measuring board! Can't wait to see how it turns out!! I think I might break down and buy a jillian michaels or you tube her at least for now

Hannah said...

Love all the fun projects you've been working on!

Momma StJ said...

ohh I just did that magnetic strip this week too! Love it! I cannot wait for Baby to come and for me to try that Jillian Michaels DVD. I'm counting on her to get me back to my high school self :) Happy Thursday! :)

Abby (Diligent Joy) said...

Your hair pin holder is an inspiration- I've been wanting to make one but really, I'm too lazy. I'm thinking of buying one of those little magnet things that hold pins for seamstresses. Easy route? Yeah, why not.

And... Julian Michaels scares me. Ha ha.

Jennifer Delle Fave said...

Oh I definitely want to try that steel cut oats recipe!! And that ruler is so precious. My dad still has the piece of molding we 'grew' up on. That is awesome!!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

So crafty! I love the bobby pin thing! That's awesome!

Lib at Truly His said...

What awesome projects!!! And that recipe looks great! Thanks for the help! :)

Jen said...

I have wanted to make something similar to that bobby pin thing. I love it ! I also work out with Jillian Michaels I have the 30 Day Shred though. Seems like you have had a very productive week :)

Leigh said...

I need to pick up that JM's DVD this weekend...meant to the other weekend and totally forgot!

Megan said...

I can't wait to see what the ruler looks like!! I want to make one too but I want to wait till I see how you did yours!


Megan
http://theewedlife.blogspot.com/

Shalyn said...

You are so cute- I love the little projects! And definitely am going to try that breakfast cookie, it looks delicious!

Kae* said...

Way to go! you are soooo creative friend! :)

LindsayNicole said...

AH I love this! Look at you little miss craft thing! Happy Friday!