11 times 2

/
16 Comments
Well hello Friday, it's about time you showed up!


Last night I made a "Green monster shake" for my breakfast this morning.
I have been meaning to try one for ages (and know Justin will think it's gross) so decided to try it while he is still away!


I threw together what I had:
Some frozen blueberries
Some frozen raspberries
1 tsp chia seeds
Some greek yogurt
1 cup skim milk
3 handfuls of fresh spinach


Verdict:
I could NOT taste the spinach at all. It tastes just like a fruit smoothie.
Sold on the green monster. :)


 I was tagged in more questions! :) So to kickoff the weekend - here goes.
Lindsey over at A Running Tale is first up. You have to check out her blog. She is seriously a machine. She posts amazing recipes, workouts, tips, you name it -she provides - plus she is from Alberta so I like her even more!

Lindsey's questions:
1.  What is your favorite channel to watch?
 We watch random stuff. 
I love the Food Network, TLC, DIY stuff, A&E, Bravo...

2. If you could have lunch with any celebrity who would it be?
Not really sure, no one really sticks out. I'll go with Taylor Swift today. It would have to be someone who didn't think they were way cooler than me just cause they are a 'celebrity'. ha

3. What is the most disgusting thing you have ever eaten?
 Squirrel and Guinea pig - in Ecuador. They are delicacies there but just as gross as they sound.
 Ecuador 2004

4. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
 Anywhere hot and near a beach - as long as my family was close by.
(Jamaica with the fam)
 (Cuba - where we got engaged)

5. Morning person or night owl?
 I would have to say morning. But sometimes I get on a roll and turn into a night owl. Like when we moved in...we were up until 2am frequently doing projects.

6. Where is the weirdest place you have a mole?
 My finger but it's more of a freckle.
 
7. Do you have any nicknames?
 AJ
 
8. What is your favorite smell?
The lake. Babies. Homemade Fresh Bread. The rain. Satsuma.
 
9. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
 I don't remember...I was in University though I think so 18?

10. Would you give up peanut butter or chocolate for a entire year?
 Peanut butter.
 
11. What is your all time favorite article of clothing?
 Lululemon pants and a hoodie. 
I love comfort clothes but really love getting all dressed up too. 

Next up is Julie from The Smitten Mintons. Julie and I are so alike it's odd at times reading her posts. Mint chocolate chip ice cream (the green kind!), fav color pink, BFF's with Taylor Swift, same fears, a love for Target... oh my.

Julie's questions:
1. What's your favorite TV show?
I was totally hooked on Son's of Anarchy. Just need the next season to start. 

2. Who would play you in a movie?
Oh that's a tough one. I have no idea..maybe Rachel McAdams.
She is the one person I get told I look like a lot. Totally don't see it. But I'll take it.
 It is more when I have dark hair that I get that..still don't see it.

3. If you could pay someone to do one service for you for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Keep my floors clean! Our hardwood is SO hard to keep clean thanks to a cute 4 legged girl who lives with us and does NO chores!


4. What's your favorite store to shop at?
I shop everywhere, not just one store. But I do love lululemon.
But I like Banana Republic, Joe, Smart Set, F21, RW and Co...Target once a year.

5. What's your most embarrassing moment? (sorry! :)
This is tough. I can't remember...one thing that pops into my head was playing kick ball in maybe Grade 7 and I went to kick the ball and it went under my leg and I totally missed it and fell backwards cause I 'tried' to kick the ball so hard. I hate kick ball.

6. If you could only have one gadget, what would it be? (iPhone, computer, etc.)
I do love my iphone now. I can do everything on it, it's fascinating! 

7. What's your dream job?
Stay at home Mom.
Then an event planner (wedding/showers) or home decorator on the side.

8. What's the best thing that happened to you in 2011?
We bought our perfect home.

9. Who was your first crush?
 Justin at the lake.
Started with a Justin, ended with one! ha

10. What's your guiltiest pleasure?
 Reality TV? Ice cream?

11. If you could date one Hollywood hunk, who would it be?
Justin is my Hollywood hunk - but if I have to answer the question...
Does Mr. Beckham count as Hollywood? If I don't say him he will be mad at me...
But if he doesn't count... Charlie Hunnam.
(aka Jax Teller)

The end.
Enjoy you weekends! Be safe.

Related Posts

16 comments:

Kae* said...

Its so fun getting to know you better since we live so far away!
I do think you look like Rachel, but you are prettier ;)
Happy Friday love!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I remember Satsuma - I loved it too!
So many people are surprised you cannot taste the spinach. Our favorite green monster is this - 1 frozen banana, 3 cups spinach, 5g flaxseeds, 15g vanilla protein, 1T peanut butter and 1 cup almond milk. SO good!

Jessica said...

I drink a green smoothie almost every day! They're super easy to make and are so good!

Rachel and John said...

Where did you find the chai seeds?

Megan said...

I just blogged about making this smoothie too! I did mine a little differently but I agree you can't taste the spinach!! I loved it!!!

Ashley said...

I always wondered if you could taste the spinach in those shakes!!

Love these questionaires!! You always learn a bit more about people!!

Jess - PrettyPhysicist said...

I get that I'm Rachel's twin too! Maybe you and I are sort of twinnies?

Marybeth Thielke said...

I totally think you look like her! It's in the chin and shape of face I think. :)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

You look great with dark hair!! I tried dark hair a couple years ago but I couldn't get used to it- it never felt like me! I think I went too dark though- the colour you are in that picture is really nice!

How long did you have it like that for? I was dark for about 5 months!

Cami said...

What's chia seeds?

I like "green" smoothies...I love spinach and you're right - you can never taste them!

You are so pretty - loved looking at your photos!

Guinea pig and squirrel? Can't believe there was anything TO eat lol :)

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Gorgeous photo from Cuba! I would love to have lunch with Taylor, too :) We juice, occasionally, but I can never taste the spinach either!!

Mom said...

Justin at the lake....seriously?!?!??! Who knew???!!! I've gotta try one of those green things....yummy:)

Natalie said...

You definitely resemble Rachel McAdams when your hair is dark. I love her! I bought all the stuff to make green monsters and haven't done it yet. I need too!

Jennifer said...

I have GOT to try out this green monster shake! I guess the main ingredients to use would be the spinach, yogurt and milk? Then add whichever fruits you want??

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I honestly cannot wait to try the GREEN MONSTER! It's incredible to imagine not being able to taste it, but I have a HUGE tub of spinach from Costco and what better way to use it. Also, try protein mixed in with greek yogurt ... taste like pudding and SO much protein!

Bride-onicles said...

Very cute post. Glad you enjoyed the Green Monster, and you do look like Rachel M with dark hair..wow!!