Who invented Mondays?

/
16 Comments

Happy Monday... or tired, sleepy Monday but let's go with happy shall we.
Sleep has not been my friend lately so I feel sorta zombie like today.
BUT we had a fantastic weekend.

Friday night we had a great time catching up with my girls and their men.
Unfortunately Lindsay arrived late and Carla had to leave early so we didn't get a full group shot.
The girls minus Lindsay but plus Laurel.
Laurel & I

We had a spread of eats. Everyone brought an appetizer as well as a treat.
I made these:
And these again, as they are always a hit.


Saturday night we had fun at Blake and Karen's annual Christmas Party (forgot my camera). As always they had a great spread as well. This Choco-nut Popcorn was to die for. It was great to catch up with Blake, Karen, Dust, Whit and Easton as well as Jenny and her family.
I got my baby fix as there was Easton and another tiny little man that I stole for some cuddles.
Karen makes THE BEST mulled wine and she must have read my mind as I was hoping she would make it again. So delicious.

The highlight of my weekend was probably Skyping with Jeff - finally. It was soooo good to actually "see" him and talk to him. I really miss him and HATE that is isn't home for Chritmas again. :( BUT super glad Jolie will be there with him in 10 day! Jolie - we are almost in single digits for the coutndown!!
I also "met" Jeff's roomie and only other english speaking fellow Vinny. And some important news, Jeff got his first goal on Saturday to tie up the game Whoo hoo!! (and 3 penalties)!!! And they won too! Vinny also kicked butt with 2 goals. Nice work boys!

Then Emerson came over. We had a blast with her, she is such a ham right now. She adores Cruz and was loving her Uncle Justin's last night. So cute.

Posing for the camera!
She looks so big - not a little baby anymore.
{insert small pout}
 "Don't mind me Cruz, I'll just climb over you"
 Our sleepy girl.
 Her collar. So cute.
 Emerson and I going for a walk.
 Playing.
 She was so cute, she would dance when the dog barked.
 Being goofy at bedtime. And Cruz not leaving her side.
 Cousin love.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!  

Related Posts

16 comments:

Amanda said...

Cruz is so good with her! And I really love the collar (now that we can see it better). Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

Awww it looks like you have had a lovely weekend!! The food that you made looks delicious!! I love all of the pictures!

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

I think that December should have mandatory 3+ day long weekends. It's impossible to get anything done with all these parties/shopping/baking/etc.

Sounds like a great night with the girls!

What is mulled wine? Sounds delicious!

Emerson is so cute! I love that age! I can't believe Cruz just sits there beside her the whole time!

Nice rug!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

I have made those basil tomato appys before too! Love them and they are so easy.

Kae* said...

Oh sounds like a great weekend!
so glad you got to skype with Jeff! :)

Jessica said...

We had caprese skewers too!! SOOO good. :)

Mom said...

FYI...Vinny is American!!

Those appies look great. I bet they were a hit.

Meg {henninglove} said...

i totally feel like that puppy, ugh i didn't want monday to come, literally dragging around today. she is darling and i love when she is climbing all over the dog, what a patient dog!

Rachel and John said...

Awesome weekend! Love your purple dress!

Gabriella said...

I love how Cruz never leaves her side. So sweet!

krink said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Thanks again for watching Emerson for us.
Love you three!
Xoxo

FamilyFoodFitnessandFun said...

Looks like a great weekend! What is in the tomatoes?

Leigh said...

I am a little slow to comment, but looks like you had a fabulous weekend! The picture of Emerson crawling over Cruz is adorable :)

Just the Two of US said...

i don't like monday! looks like an amazing weekend! love all the pics!

♥Jess said...

LOVE the filled Strawberries... You've got me craving some. Yum!

Are you up for it??? Because I'm hosting an Accessory Swap over at my place. Come check it out!

http://ardjla.blogspot.com/2011/12/accessory-swap.html

Whitney & Devin said...

Boo I don't like Monday's either. But that food looks to die for!!! Super cute pictures!!! Lovin' the whole thing!