Christmas Questions..

/
15 Comments
I have seen this floating around the blogshere and I thought it would be fun to do! 
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper, unless it's too big or awkward - then a gift bag.
I love wrapping presents. When I lived at home I used to wrap all my Dad's and brothers too.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Ours is artificial and it's beautiful. :) Add a pine scented infuser and we are set.
But growing up it was always real and often a Charlie Brown tree with thousands of ornamants!
{last year}
3. When do you put up the tree?
Justin has a "can't be before December 1st" rule.
4. When do you take the tree down?
After New Years sometime...
5. Do you like eggnog?
 Sure do. But we always do half eggnog, half skim milk. And it's the only time I can handle  a little rum.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
We always received amazing gifts. I can't think of just one.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Nope.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Hands down my Aunt and Uncle.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Usually my sister-in-law Crystal cause I just get her stuff I like too! And all the babies and kids in my life cause who doesn't love to buy kid clothes and toys!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
MAIL
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever?
No idea.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Elf.

"The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."
"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Whenever I see something I know someone will like or want and then I stash it away and hope I don't forget about it!
14. Ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not that I can think of.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Nana's caramels, Mom's skor bar thing, (Gran's recipe) Shortbread cookies...
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Ours are frosted white.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
I love Carol of the Bells.
Sarah McLachlan's River.
6 White Boomers
Up on the rooftop (but mostly because I can 'hear' my brother singing it)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home unless we go to the lake.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? 
Of course. I REALLY hope everyone can!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
A Snowflake!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas eve we get new PJs from Nana.
The rest is Christmas morning.

{new PJs a couple years ago}
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Busy.
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? 
I love silver and red together.
Mom always gives us "slipper mail" and we always get ornaments with photos. Love those.

 I also love my baby ornament that is on Mom and Dad's tree - it's pink.

{This morning when I dropped Cruz off we got Christmas mini-eggs in our "slipper mail". I tasted Justin's on the way to work. Delicious. Just as good as at Easter. I would like to high five the genius who brought mini-eggs out for Christmas.}
24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Mom and Dad already gave us an early Christmas present of another dresser we wanted for our bedroom. We love it.
Other than that...I didn't have much of a list this year.

Related Posts

15 comments:

Jessica said...

This time of the year is always so busy!! Crazy.
Love the babies first Christmas ornament. :)

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Love this post :)
I have the same ornament for our cat!

Amanda said...

Great answers! We agree on almost all of them :) Including getting PJs the night before!

Momma StJ said...

this post made me soooo excited for Christmas morning!!!

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

I love the Christmas pj tradition! We are going to do that with our kids.

Your tree is so pretty! I love silver!

Come to think of it, I only like rum in eggnog also! Except malibu rum but that doesn't count!

Ashley said...

Love your decor -- your tree is beautiful! =)

I have always loved the PJ tradition - I plan on doing that with our kids.

My favorite Christmas movie is a toss up of three: The Preacher's Wife
Elf
The Grinch

Sara said...

such a cute post! your tree is gorgeous.

I would love to start a pj tradition in our family :-)

Holly said...

I just got caught up on your blog; I've missed it. :) Cute survey! I don't have much of a Christmas list either... I think that means we're getting old.

Leigh said...

This is a fun survey! I love the movie Elf too...love the movie Love Actually too. Brian has the same ornament as you...just in blue :)

krink said...

LOVED this post!!!
Though I have to put in my Christmas movie favorites... I love the following and watch them each at least once per season; Nightmare Before Christmas (though I'm not entirely sure that's a Christmas movie), Love Actually (again, not necessarily Christmas related), and Meet Me in St. Louie (a sort-of Christmas movie I used to watch with Nana every year).
And how do you get this slipper mail stuff??? Is it as your mom's house or your house or what? And is it actually inside your slippers?

Jennifer Delle Fave said...

I love the baby ornament- though mine says 1981 :) Christmas eve pjs rock!! Your tree is so pretty. I am having trouble keeping the dogs away from the gifts and runnin into the tree! Crazy. Enjoy the craziness that is Christmas!!

Julie @ The Smitten Mintons said...

Y'all's tree is gorgeous!!!! It is definitely full of lights- so beautiful! Makes me want to add more to ours! haha

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

i grew up with a real tree that was so charlie brown-esque too. and i have to agree, my aunt and uncle are by far the harest people to buy for as well.

i love that you all open pajamas on christmas eve. that is a tradition i want to start with my own famiy one day. i think it is soooo cute.

your baby ornamnet is presssssh! and of course i be loving your tree doll!

Jamie said...

Elf ismy favorite Christmas movie too!

Rachel and John said...

Fun! Love things like this. I've never heard River before so THANK YOU for introducing it to me!

I can't do egg nog. Once I was at an event and there was an egg nog chugging contest. So many people puked. So now I can't do it. I will have a egg nog latte every now and then though :)