Another year

/
15 Comments

I thought about doing a big post on my plans and goals for this year but I have learned in the past year that you can't always plan everything in life. You really just have to live each day and realize that it may not be exactly what you thought it would be - but it really is perfect for right now. We had a great year in 2011. So many ups, very fews down. I cannot complain at all. Sure there are things I thought I would have done, accomplished, been further along with or what have you - but there is always tomorrow and I truly believe 2012 is going to be a great one.

This year - I will not worry so much and I will learn to just let things go. I tend to take things very personally, worry about crazy things and basically work myself up over things that should not even be worth my time. No more I say. I have learned that no matter how much you worry or stress the outome will not change so why put yourself through those negative emotions. That's often easier said than done, but I will try.

I learned this past year how much I truly appreciate my friendships. Friendships can change and that is ok. People change and I cannot change that. I just know that right now, in this moment, I have the very best friends (and family that are friends) I could ever ask for. They fill my life and they are always there when I need them. A huge shout out to my daily email diary friend. There are no words for how much I appreciate her "kick in the butt" she gives me when I need it.

I also realize more and more each year how incredible my family is. I truly enjoy the company of each one of my family members so much and for that I am constantly thankful for the time we get to spend together. 

Justin and I have been working out together the last month and I love it. I hope we can continue this. It's motivating and I love that extra time with him.  Last year I documented my workouts on my sidebar. I think I will do that again, it kept me accountable and I hated having a list of blanks so it motivated me at the same time.

Justin, Cruz and I created so many great memories this past year with friends and family and within our little family of 3 as well and I just know this upcoming year will be just as good, if not better. I truly believe each day, moment, year is what you make of it. So I know we have lots to look forward to.

So as cliche as it sounds, this year will be all about living each day to it's fullest.
And I encourage you all to do the same.


With all that said - I am off to yoga with Mom. Then lunch with an old friend. Getting my nails did and then grocery shopping. Happy weekend friends. 
Enjoy it!

Related Posts

15 comments:

Ashley said...

I really needed this today!!!

Lindsey (a running tale) said...

Great post! I am with you - I am a obsessive planner and worrywart and this year I need to let it go, plan less, enjoy more and not worry. Life is a journey, and I need to learn that I cannot (and should not try!) plan every minute of it.

Bethany said...

I am a complete over-analyzer. So, I promised myself that I would do the same this year... let things go. I've learned that they are beyond your control.

Gabriella said...

I take everything personally too and work myself up over the littlest thing. Working on changing that myself! Great post, and have a fun weekend! :)

Just the Two of US said...

awesome post! needed this today too! Hope your weekend is fabulous!

Amanda said...

Great, great post Alison! 2012 is going to be a great year for you! And have a wonderful weekend!

Logan said...

Amen! (you said it all!!)

Rachel and John said...

What a lovely post Alison! You really said it perfectly!

Kristin said...

Have a great weekend Alison!! Stay warm! xo

Leigh said...

What a great post Alison! I too need to remember that people and friendships change...sometimes that's hard to accept, but maybe those people weren't meant to stay in our lives. Letting go of friendships means I am able to make new friends like yourself :)

Emily said...

What a great post! I am a new follower :) I can't wait to read more

Whit said...

What an inspirational post. You, my dear, are incredible, you have such a beautiful spirit. Thank you for sharing this, and inspiring me ( as always) ;) xox

Tami said...

This sound so much like me- I honestly couldn't have written much of this myself. I am such a worrier and I let the craziest things bother me. I'm going to try do the same and just let.it.go! Here's to a blessed and happy 2012 for all of us!

Jamie said...

I hope 2012 is your best year yet!

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

Such a good post! I am the same- worry so much about things I can't change or things that in the grand scheme aren't that big of a deal. Hopefully this year we can change that!