A weekend of thanks.

/
13 Comments
Well we had a fantastic weekend at the lake.
The weather was beyond amazing.
Justin went for a bike ride each day so he was a happy guy.
I joined him on Sunday and it was awesome. Great trails, beautiful colors, smells and I was wearing a tank top and short capris! Amazing.

I took everything out to the lake to build my candy corn wreath.
It was so nice to sit on the deck and do this.


Finished product found a place at home.

Empty lake.
 Love the fall colors.

"The lake makes me sooooo tired guys!"

 Turkey dinner!

 Beautiful morning. Ah.

Cruzie.

 Ripken did not want to particiate in my photo shoot.

"Dad...here is my ball. Just throw it already!"

 "Why are Grandma & Grampa leaving without me?"
(she swan out to meet them on their way back!)
 Mom & Dad Kayaking.


 "Oh I see them coming back!"

"Mom you think I should go after them? Yes? Can I?"

Then we left the lake early Monday afternoon to come home and have dinner with Debbie, Crystal, Troy and Emerson.
We got the unfortunate call just before dinner that Justin's Grandma passed away that afternoon. :*(
It was such a shock but I am so glad we were all together when we received the news.
She lived out in Vernon the last few years but I was lucky enough to get to know while she lived in Calgary and before Alzheimer's stole her memory.
She was the sweetest lady. Justin and his mom and sister lived with her for 16 years so I am thankful to her for helping raise Justin to be the man he is today and I know Justin (as well as the entire family) has an enormous amount of incredible memories of her.

 Love this picture of her and Crystal (and Emerson in belly).
Grandma always had a big smile on her face.
She will be missed so much.


Related Posts

13 comments:

Leigh said...

Looks like a fabulous weekend! Your wreath turned out awesome! So sorry to hear about Justin's grandma

Ashley said...

Sorry to hear that the weekend ended with tragedy! I am sure she will be missed!! But it sounds like the rest of your weekend was A OK! Love the wreath, except I could eat it!

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

Efff now I am craving Candy corn again!! That wreath looks awesome- maybe I should make one and then I won't feel bad about buying more candy corn!

I am sorry to hear about Justin's Grandma. Alzheimer's is a terrible disease.

Cami said...

So happy to hear you had a great weekend - until the end. :HUGS: and many prayers for you all.

Gorgeous photos!

Will be praying!

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

Rachel and John said...

So sorry to hear about J's Grandma!

Leslie said...

So sorry to hear about Justin's Grandma! Definitely praying for y'alls family! Love your lake pictures!

FamilyFoodFitnessandFun said...

Looks like a great weekend! Love the wreath..but I would be tempted to eat it all the time ;)
Sorry to hear about Justin's grandma. At least you have some wonderful memories to share!

Gabriella said...

Sorry to hear about Justin's grandma. That is never easy. Keeping your family in my prayers.

Love that wreath and love all the pictures of Cruz swimming! :) Looks like you guys had an amazing weekend!

Kae* said...

I am so so so sorry to hear about Justin's grandma. I lost mine not too long ago, so my thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

I am glad the lake went well. I enjoyed the pictures

krink said...

:)
Xoxo

Kristin said...

The lake pictures are so great. How long did the wreth take?? Its pretty! Sorry for the loss of grams, never easy!!

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

so sorry to hear about justin's grandma. it's never easy to lose a loved one. on a brighter note, i love the wreath

Suze said...

what a beautiful weather perfect weekend! LOVED the wreath!!!!!

Sorry to hear about Justin's grandma, i'll be praying for y'all and the family!!!!