A weekend and recipes.

/
13 Comments

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Today I am a cow girl! :)

Another weekend zoomed by! Why does this happen?
 As I mentioned, on Friday night we went to The Keg with my blog friends!
(bad lighting!)

 It was so nice to actually MEET Nicole, her hubs and her baby belly!
And to see Leigh, Mr D, Rachel, John and Henry.
Henry was such a good little babe. I loved all the smiles and cuddles!

Saturday night we had Dustin, Whit, Easton, Blake, Karen and all the dogs over for 1 last bash in our 203 house. We had a great visit.
Auntie Alison & East
Easton, Whit & me
I'm ALL done with pictures and now I want Mom!
Justin and his baby
Cruz may have had a gas...

We are so lucky to have such incredible friends.
Remember when I really wanted to re-create that dish from Milestone's? Well I finally found one very similar but it was a bit spicier, Blake survived though so we are all good. I also made Crispy Parmesan Asparagus. Both turned out really good so I thought I would share.
1 bunch of asparagus
2 egg whites
1/4 cup flour
1 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 
Lay a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with non-stick spray.
Snap off the tough ends of each asparagus spear. 
On two separate plates, add the eggs whites (lightly beaten) and the panko + flour + cheese. Season the panko mixture with salt and pepper if desires. 
Coat each asparagus spear in egg whites, then lay in the panko mixture and thoroughly cover. 
Lay each spear on the wire rack.
Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.


1/4 cup butter
2 cups Porcini mushrooms - cut up in little pieces (I used cremini mushrooms)
2 tbsp Cajun seasoning (bulk barn version!) {use less if you want it less spicy}
1 bag of thawed detailed/deveined Shrimp
(I baked 3 chicken breasts and cut them up too)
Fresh basil - about 10 leaves
Cream 
Jasmine rice
(I also made 7 Grain Brown Rice)
Water
Sal and Pepper
Start with a hot saucepan. 
Melt 1/4 cup of butter in the pan at medium heat.
Chop basil and put in pan with butter. Add in mushrooms and cook until about half the size and nice texture. 
Add in about a tablespoon of cajun spice and stir.  
Add 6 tbsp of cream. 
Stir often during this dish so that the cream sauce will have a chance to come together.
Add in your thawed and detailed shrimp and stir while they cook. 
Add in another tbsp of cajun seasonin.
Let your shrimp cook for a while in the pan (about 10 mins) add in 1/2 cup cream to tone down the heat of the dish and bring together a creamy sauce.
Make rice as per directions.
(I did 1 cup rice, 2.5 cups water)
Whitney made this delicious Crock Pot Chocolate Lava Cake that was to.die.for.yummy. 
With a side of vanilla ice cream of course!
Blake also made a delicious asian salad that I will share when he send me the recipe. 
Now I am hungry just thinking of this meal...
Then Sunday Justin left bright and early for Winnipeg. :( He also had to work ALL day Saturday. Boo.
Cruz and I met Leigh and Harley for a walk. Leigh gave me a roll of packing paper so when I got home I went crazy packing all of our wall photos.
Then for dinner I went to Mom and Dad's for Dad's special spagetti sauce. Yum.
Much needed visit with the fam.

PS. Jeff had his first 2 games this weekend in Germany.
Lost 1 and won 1.
AND got 2 assists. Yay Jeff.
And before we know it, he will be leading the team in penalty minutes! ha

Related Posts

13 comments:

Kae* said...

Happy Halloween! Love the pics and I bet you are a cute cowgirl :) Congrats to Jeff!

krink said...

Sounds like a great Weekend Auntie!
Xoxo

Amanda said...

Happy Halloween!!! Looks like quite the entertaining weekend! Glad you all had lots of fun for Leigh's bday!

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

I love your Halloween decorations! You are so crafty!

That is the funniest picture of everyone covering their noses! Silly Cruz!

The asparagus looks so good! I am so going to try the Crockpot Lava Cake! I love the one at Joeys and it looks like something even I could do! I bet it was amazing!

Café Moka said...

Happy Halloween!
That Chocolate Lava Cake sounds amazing!

Gabriella said...

Love the picture of Cruz and the pumpkin! How fun that you went to dinner with blog friends, turned real life friends!! :)

Caroline said...

I think I just gained 10 lbs reading those recipes! Looks like a fun weekend! :)

Jessica said...

That picture of Justin and Cruz is hilarious!

Logan said...

Great pictures!! Yummy, having those asparagus tomorrow.......yum!

FamilyFoodFitnessandFun said...

Mmmm...those recipes look good. I'll have to try the crock pot lava cake fo sure!!

Julie said...

That gas pictured made me laugh so hard! We have the same issue with Maisy all the time! She knows how to clear a room!

Rachel and John said...

I don't understand HOW you do it! You work full time, you cook amazing things all the time, have people over all the time and you work out all the time? Do you have more hours in a day than everyone else?

Whitney said...

bahahahaha i love the pics of cruz and his "gas". i know that feeling girly. i agree with the comment above mine...you rock it out everyday! you go girl!