Bitter Sweet...

/
11 Comments

Well today our house (203) OFFICIALLY SOLD.
When we get home there will be a SOLD sign to replace the C/S (conditionally sold).
And for me that is a little bitter sweet.
{Trust me I am SO thankful it sold so quickly and I am happy we sold it to newlyweds who love it as much as we do.}

But this was our first home together.
We have lived in it almost 5 years.

(house warming party)

My first time living somewhere other than my parents house.
We slept on a single futon in the living room for 3 weeks waiting for our mattress to come in.

We got engaged while living in 203.

(engagement party)

We planned a wedding and got married while living here.

We had some pretty fun and often (at times) crazy parties in 203.

(Golf Pros and Tennis Hoes Party)

We hosted Christmas dessert nights.

We have approx. 867 photos of Blake & Justin posing in this house. 


We brought Cruzie home to this house.
She peed on the carpet about 500 times in this house - don't tell the buyers!


We had many a game nights with our closest friends.

We hosted New Years Eve twice.


We posed in front of the fire place every Christmas Party we went to! :)

We had Logan and her beautiful kids come stay with us many times in 203.

We had impromptu dance parties.

Justin built a garage.

We babysat Emerson here numerous times.

Lily claims the spare room as her own in 203.

And as of the end of November another couple will be making memories in this home and that is ok with me because wehave so so so many memories in this place it is unbelievable.

Today we are going back to look at the 2 homes that have been on our mind this week.
One more so than the other... :) I pretty much have ants in my pants.
But no matter what happens today, I know we will find 'the perfect' home for us.
A new place to make memories, host family and friends and make it our Home Sweet Home.

Happy Friday everyone.

And Happy Turkey weekend to all my Canadian readers.

Related Posts

11 comments:

Janell said...

Leaving a place that you made so many memories in has to be hard. But think of this as opening a new chapter.. One where you will make so many more memories in. Hopefully its in the house of your dreams :)

Ashley said...

You are making me miss my first home lol! I am soo happy for you guys though!! I know there is a new home out there waiting for you...congrats again!

Molly said...

Aww, that is bittersweet! We have left our first house together and the house we brought our son home to. Totally sad at the time, but we are so happy in our house now! Good luck!

Jessica said...

Have a great weekend Alison!! Congrats on selling the house!

FamilyFoodFitnessandFun said...

So many memories! And I must say, you've got quite the party house ;)
Enjoy the long weekend!

Gabriella said...

Baby Cruz is so cute! Love all the memories that you made in your house!

Kae* said...

Oh I can completely understand this. I hope you find a perfect home to keep making memories in, and Happy Turkey Day to you guys!
xxoo

Amanda said...

Congratulations on selling the house! I can see how this is so bittersweet though considering how many amazing memories you made here! I hope you have a great weekend!

Seriously said...

Aww. So sweet. What a great post! You will look back at this one often. Don't worry, once you get in that new home, it will feel so great to spread your wings and make new memories. xox And just think, your new carpets will stay 'new'! ;)

Suze said...

I'm over the moon estatic for y'all girlie!

Xxoo

Megan said...

Awwww, congrats!! Such great memories in that house, but also the chance to make SO many more in a new house!!