Pie for breakfast - ok.

/
6 Comments

I have a new breakfast favorite. So I thought I should share it.
I found it here. Love this blog too and not just because she is a fellow Calgarian. :)
It is called Blueberry Pie Overnight Oats. Takes like pie (but cold) - for breakfast. Yes please. 

 via

BLUEBERRY PIE OVERNIGHT OATS

Ingredients:
1/4 cup steel-cut oats**
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup milk (can use regular milk or non-dairy) (I used skim milk)
1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 banana, sliced (didn't add this as we didn't have any but will next time)
1/2 cup fresh blueberries

Granola or protein sprinkled on top before serving (I didn't do this)
1 Tbsp of your favorite nut butter spooned on top before serving (I used almond butter)

**Can use 1/2 cup rolled oats instead**

Instructions:
Put all ingredients (except for the granola and nut butter) in a bowl.  Mix together and place in the fridge overnight.  In the morning, sprinkle on your favorite toppings and enjoy!
(I actually quardruped the recipe and it was still perfect today on day 3)
 I was SO looking forward to eating this today. 


Thanks FFFF blog. :)


Ok now - today was bananas. 
Half way through the day I wondered the following:
1. Is it too early for wine?
2. Are we sure it is not Friday because it has already felt so much longer than 1 day.
3. Too bad we can't drink wine at work because was would be FAN-tastic.

But it was a pretty good day for a first day back with students and I do love those students. They were quick to remind me how important my job is and how they really do make these crazy days worth it. 


BUT it is a REALLY good thing tomorrow is Friday. 
AND that I am making Sangria. 
Amen.

Related Posts

6 comments:

FamilyFoodFitnessandFun said...

You are most welcome! Isn't it the best breakfast?! I had it this morning, and it kept me full for a long time :)
My 5yo had his first day of kindergarten today! I was more nervous than he was I think ;) What grade do you teach?

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Now that's something I would love!

Rachel and John said...

Where did you get chia seeds? Sounds delish!

Cami said...

Wine at work WOULD be fun. Haha! Lets move to Europe - then it'd be ok! :D

Looks like a yummy breakfast for reallll!!!

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

Marina said...

Pie for breakfast? I'm in! :)

Jessica said...

That sounds like a delicious breakfast! Hope you have a relaxing weekend. :)