Birfday

/
25 Comments


Well today is my 29th birthday.
29. holy moly. I don't feel 29. I liked the sound of 27. I don't know why. But 29 I am not too sure about yet.


We had a fantastic dinner last night at my parents place to celebrate both mine and Mom's birthday.
It was nice to have all of us together for dinner, it's been a while.
Jeff seriously made a gourmet dinner. wow. That man can cook. It was 5 courses. No lie.
The dinner deserves a post in itself! The presentation, the time and thought that went into this dinner was incredible! I wish I took photos.

Started with Dad having our favorite champagne.
1st course - Spinach salad with fresh parmesan, edamame beans and raspberry vinagrette.
2nd course - Prosciutto wrapped asparagus with toasted slivered almonds and drizzled with a hollandaise sauce. 
3rd course -Homemade crab cakes topped with a cilantro and mango salsa.
4th course - Garlic mashed potatoes, steamed brocolli with toasted sesame seeds and delicious ribs. He put a dry rub on them , baked them for 3+ hours and basted them with beer every half hour.
5th course - DQ Ice Cream Cake.

Oh my gosh right!!!
Wow. I am still full but I could really go for more right now! :)
Mom and I were very spoiled. Thank you so much Dad and Jeff.
Today is an organizational day at work, so no kids. Which mean I get to wear lulus and a hoodie. Yes. And I also stopped for my free birthday Starbucks!
I tried a non-fat Pumpkin Spice Latte for the first time. Pretty good I must say.

And then the calendar says I have a date with a hottie tonight. 
Hopefully it's Justin! ;) Mom thinks maybe David Beckham? I'll keep you posted.

Check me out over on Julie's blog "The Smitten Minton's" today for her new feature:

Cruz got a little bit of attention over there. :)

Enjoy you weekend everyone.

Related Posts

25 comments:

Cami said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GORGEOUS!! My birthday is in less than a week - I'll be turning 25...I'm getting old, too. I've already noticed white/grey hair - I need to start dying.

ANYWAY- so happy to hear you had such a lovely birthday. So nice you all got to get together! Where's all the pictures? :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life

Holly said...

Happy Birthday, Allison!! Your birthday meal sounds amazing! I hope you have a fabulous weekend... 27 or 29. ;-)

Hannah @ The New Black said...

That dinner sounds delish! Hope you have an amazing BD!

Leigh said...

Happy birthday Alison! I hope you have a great day and have a great dinner with that hottie tonight! :)

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Lady!!! Sounds like a great birthday dinner!! LOVE that quote (the 2nd one)

Great post over at Julie's!!

Have a great day friend!!

Al said...

Happy Birthday, doll!! That dinner with your family got my mouth watering, and I can't wait to hear about your date with a hottie...Much love to you!

Kae* said...

Happy Birthday to my sweet friend! Check out my blog today :)

Jessica said...

What a yummy birthday dinner! Hope you have a fabulous weekend birthday girl!!

Seriously said...

Happy Birthday gorgeous!!! Enjoy being 29...it's the number we all wish we could be! ;) But don't worry, the 30s are FABULOUS!!!!

Have a fantastic day!
xox

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday!!! We are the same age- which is NOT old!! I agree- I liked the sound of 27 better. I don't even want to think about next year. I still feel like an 18 year old so that's good! Today is also my step-dad's birthday!

Wow that dinner sounded amazing!! Guess what I am craving now?? All of it!! Hope you have a great day tonight with the hottie!

Dad said...

Have a good day Honey!! Love you

Mom said...

Happy happy birthday to you :)

All my love today and always

Café Moka said...

Happy birthday to you!!! Have a great day!!! :)

MrsV said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful girl! I just shouted it out the door, did you hear? =) That dinner sounds Ah-Mazing! You deserve all the best, and I am anxiously waiting to hear who the hottie date is, hehe! Have a great time!

Jamie @ The Yellow Brick Road

Stephanie said...

Happy happy birthday!!!! My mouth started watering reading your menu!! Hope you have a great celebration weekend... It definitely started off the right way :)

Rachel and John said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

FamilyFoodFitnessandFun said...

Happy 29th! Young'in ;) Sounds like a wonderful meal.

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Alison!!!

Debby said...

Happy Birthday to two of our beautiful Canadian friends. Sounds like Jeff and your dad really did things up wonderfully. The meal made me say YUMMMMM!!!!! Big hugs to all and I hope that you have a fantastic birthday week-end.

Debby

Whitney said...

happy birthday lovely! that sounds like such an amazing meal. and dairy queen ice cream cake is my fave. i enjoy it just as much when birthdays arent involved. hope you had a fabulous day.

Suze said...

Happy happy birthday gorgeous! That dinner sounds heavanly! Have a great weekend!:)

krink said...

Happy Birthday to my beautiful, amazing, talented, and overall just awesome SIL! Love you soooooooo much! Hope you had an amazing birthday and that your date night was equally as thrilling ;)
Xoxo

Raven said...

aaa to the men! I love the sound of 27!!! seems like the perfect ripe age. I turned 30 last december and I honestly HATE being 30. Maybe it's not "pc" to say that and I should be more "proud to age" BLAH BLAH BLAH. I DONT WANT TO BE IN MY THIRTIES!!!!!! So that means THIS dec I will be 31. what. the. hell.

anyway, happy HAPPY 29th! be happy! you are STILL in your twenties!!!!!!!!

Gabriella said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day. Enjoy the last year of your 20's!! :)

Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYY! I hope you had a great great celebration :) You and my dad have the same bday! Woot woot! Did Cruz give you lots of presents?