We are back! And a recipe!

/
10 Comments
Good Monday morning!

We are back from the lake. And I am not gonna lie. I already miss the lake, the morning coffees on the deck, the boat, the sun, re-applying sunscreen and all the friends and family that were there with us. I miss it. Already. Oh well. It was great though tons of highs, a few lows but overall an incredible week full of perfect weather and lots of fun.

One of the lows was our Cruzie girl getting very sick.
 We are not too sure what she caught, ate or what but she has never been sicker.
She also sun burned her nose! Poor girl. She is pretty much back to her normal self - she ate part of dinner last night and all of breakfast today and kept it all down so that's a good sign.
Broke my heart to see her so sick.

Here she is with zinc on her nose and letting us protect her from the sun!



I am still off this week but so far it already looks like a busy week, good busy though!
Today I am off to get my hair 'did'. SO needed!! You know it's bad when Justin notices I am due! ha.

So I will leave you with this recipe I made for the lake.
We decided they would be great with ice cream (1. Because ice cream makes everything better! And 2. Why not add a few more calories right!) and serving them fresh out of the oven.

OREO STUFFED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

• 1 cup margerine/butter/shortening
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 3 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1 package Oreo cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together with a mixer until well combined.
Beat in eggs and vanilla.
In medium bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking soda.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
With a cookie scoop, form balls with the dough.
Place one ball on top of an Oreo cookie, and another ball on the bottom. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo cookie is fully enclosed with dough.
Place onto parchment or silpat lined baking sheets and bake cookies for approximately 13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Enjoy!

Alright have a fabulous day! 

Related Posts

10 comments:

Cami said...

Wow...those cookies look deadly!!

Logan said...

Oh poor cruzie, hugs from us!!!
Avah asked if we could go back to see Cruz, and everyone at the lake!
Making those cookies today!!! Yum!

Holly said...

I want. those. cookies. pronto. :)

Leigh said...

Aw poor Cruz! Hopefully she gets better soon. Harley sends her lots of puppy kisses!

Do you have any free time this week? Maybe we can take the pups for a walk or go see a movie?

Mom said...

So glad to hear Cruzie is feeling better. I bet she was very happy to get her regular food and not rice!! Hopefully it stays down.

Kae* said...

I am so glad Cruz is better! poor girl :( Those cookies look a-mazing! I will be making them haha! Glad the lake was so good! I am jealous!

Gabriella said...

Poor baby Cruz! I am so happy to hear she is feeling better. That picture of her is so cute and those cookies look amazing! Glad you had a great time at the lake! :)

Amanda said...

Poor Cruzie! I'm glad she's feeling better though. If you could just bring one (or 5) of those cookies to my office, it would be much appreciated it ;)

Kristin said...

Poor Cruz :(

krink said...

Mmmm... I may just need to try that Oreo recipe! Looks delicious!!! But I agree... they may be lethal with ice cream instead!
P.S. I really missed the blog while you were away on vacation! It sucked being without you every day :D
Xoxo