.Random.Rainy.Thursday.

/
13 Comments
I will start you off with this awesome picture/words I found on We Heart It. Love it.

 
It's raining. Please Mother Nature get it out of your system by this weekend. We have a busy 11 year old who is not planning on hanging out in the cabin all weekend! Thanks.

I won a set of Turkish Towels from Taylor at The Undomestic Momma! I am super excited. Some of our "good towels" have turned into "Cruz towels" so these will NOT be Cruz towels you hear girlie!

Tomorrow we are going bowling for life skills.
When I went to tell the class this (motivation to make it through today!) our new student piped up and said "Ok well for your sake don't wear a skirt or those shoes tomorrow then Mrs. B".

I have a table at the lake market this weekend for AW Design. I am excited and nervous.

My parents got these 2 photographs (that Whitney took this past summer at the lake) turned into large canvases for at the lake. I think they will look awesome.

Jeff
Justin

Here is a recipe I made at Easter that was a family/friends favorite.
Another one of those fat free, calories free, guilt free treats. Duh.
(great after you feeze it too though!)

It is from Sugar & Spice...Cooking in this wonderful life.
It was loved by all hips, thighs & buns.


Peanut Butter Toffee With Saltines

1/4 lb (one sleeve) saltines (the salted ones)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 1/2 cups semi sweet chips (I would use less next time)
1/3 cup peanut butter
Chopped M&M’s (or topping of your choice, I used Mini Eggs)


Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper (the pan needs to have a lip to it or these things will leak all over your oven.)
Place saltines in pan, salted side up. Leave just a bit of space between crackers so the toffee with encase the entire cracker when done.
Smash M&M's.
Bring sugar and butter to a boil in a saucepan. Boil for 3 minutes (time the boiling after the whole thing starts boiling, not just the edges). And, resist the urge to stir it.
Pour boiling mixture over crackers. Place in oven for 5 minutes.
Put dollops of peanut butter on top and return to the oven for 1 minute.
Spread melted peanut butter over mixture with spatula.
Top with chocolate chips. Then, put back into the oven for 1 minute.
Use spatula to spread the chocolate chips (which have melted).
Top with M&M pieces (or whatever you come up with).
Place in freezer for at least one hour
Break it up.
Devour.

Happy Thursday!!!

Related Posts

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

That yoga pose photo is AMAZING! WOW.

Hannah @ The New Black said...

Ooh, yum! I was iffy at first, but the peanut butter pulled me in. I'll have to give it a try.

Suze said...

Recipe sounds yummy!!!!

Hope it doesnt rain all weekend!

good luck at the lake market this weekend, i know you will do great!

love the pictures, that was sweet of your moma and daddy!

have fun bowling for life skills, that little boy cracks me up!

congrats on the fabulous towels, yes cruz cant have them!

Caroline said...

Yum! Sending some sun your way!!!

Katie said...

Ooo that motivation sign is awesome!

The photos of Justin and Jeff are great too :)

and your student is too cute :D

Mizdragonfly said...

Congrats on winning the new towels :)

Peanut Butter Toffee With Saltines = YUMMY!

K.

Leigh said...

Love that first picture! If only sitting around eating cookies made you have a great body :)

See you tonight!

Adrian said...

Wow that's a great photo and quote! I totally put it on fb :) The recipe looks awesome too, gotta try it!

Kae* said...

love the yoga poster.

its raining non stop here too :/

whoop! bowling!
I love the photos of the lake! Happy Thursday love!

Ashley said...

Congrats on winning!!! I won too (the ionic purifier) Soo pumped!!!

Those pics are awesome!!

Rachel and John said...

YUM!! that recipe looks great!

Love the photos! Have fun this weekend!!

Logan said...

Good luck at the Lake this weekend!!

Your student is too funny!!:)

Raven said...

I SO needed to hear that top picture and words! OMG that was the kick in the ass that I needed. You may be the sole reason I am bikini ready this summer. thank you so much :)