Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.

/
9 Comments
We had a nice weekend.
Saturday I woke up with a very stuffed up nose and sore throat so Justin let me sleep in, took Cruzie for a walk and then him and Cruz served me breakfast in bed! What a guy.

Sunday was beautiful just for Cruzie's birthday so we took full advantage of the nice day.
We went and played ball at the park in the morning and then her and I went for a long run in the afternoon.


Her new toy says "Labkov" on the back.
Stupid me was like "I didn't know there was someone with the last name Labkov on the Flames".
Justin just shook his head. Lab = Labrador. Wow Alison.
Made up name for the dog toy. Oups. Oh well - she loves it.
And she knows Uncle Troy will too.
And she wants to thank everyone for their birthday comments and emails.
She felt very loved yesterday. And she is.


 And I just have to brag about my Mom's running partner's daughter Emily.
Yesterday she WON the Canadian Women's Marathon Championships and her time was 2:42:26. For a marathon.
She is a machine. Seriously.

And a HUGE shout out to Leigh for finishing and KILLING her first half marathon yesterday.
I can't spill her final time yet cause she isn't posting about it until tomorrow but can I just say WHOA!

And lastly I will tell you about my June Challenge.
Last July I did the 10,000 Swing Kettlebell Challenge.
I started July 1st but it was tricky because we were on holidays (a road trip to top it off) for the first 12 days of July. Needless to day, some days I had to do double my swings since I missed a day here and there, not so fun.

So I decided this year I am going it for the month of June instead when I am either home or at the lake each day so this will be much simpler!


In order to complete the 10,000 swing challenge you basically have to do at least 333 kettlebell swings a day for a month, I aim for 400 a day. :) You can switch up the type of swings you do. I normally do them in groups of 50 or 100 and switch between 1 arm swings, 2 arms swings and overhead swings.
Anyone want to join me? All you need is a kettlebell.

Happy Monday everyone.

Related Posts

9 comments:

Logan said...

Would love to but I don't know what a kettlebell is! :) Hahaa Im still trying to think about the running..........I think I should stick to walking and chasing my kids! my goal is to start running!!

Rachel and John said...

I want to do it but I'm SO weak! Think I could do it? Maybe I should aim for half? Where do you get a kettle ball?

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

Wow Emily is fast!! So is Leigh!

I totally would have done the same thing with Cruz's toy!! Blondes!

Dumb question but what are kettlebell swings? Do they just work your arms?

Leigh said...

I would love to join you on the challenge. Do you think I could just use a weight? I don't have a kettle bell.

Your mom's friends daughter is crazy fast! Congrats to her :)

Kae* said...

Happy Monday! I am really excited about the giveaway!

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

omgosh good luck with the kettlebell. if i had one i'd ATTEMPT to try, but i dont :( as for your friends, CONGRATS! i wish i had their athleticism!

David and Elizabeth said...

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY CRUZ!! :)

Katie said...

Ooo I like that challenge, I may have to join!

GBR1980 said...

Your pup is so cute, I love labs, she looks like such a good girl! If she is anything like our dog, he is completely spoiled rotten and gets away with everything! I commend you on your challenge!!